20 Baht And Less

sticklee

You guys are throwing your money away. I'm living like a king in Chiang Mai on about 3,400 baht a month. Room: 2,000 baht a month including all utilities, WiFi, 60 TV channels. Very central location inside moat. Laundry: 100 baht a month. Transport: Free (mountain bike). Fine dining and entertainment: 1,300 baht a month including getting drunk EVERY night. Ladies: free of charge, several times a month. Different lady every single time. This is the life. I have a nice income from abroad, I'm in my early 40s, retired, and I can save the equivalent of US$ 2,500 a month to make provision for my older years. Life doesn't get much better than this. I will never leave.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 Baht is the tip I leave at any restaurant regardless of the size of the bill (wifes orders). Yes,yes, I've got my Flak Jacket and Tin Helmet on knowing there will be incoming because I am deemed a tightarse who should be leaving at least 20% everywhere I go. Am I bovvered? Nah; time to open another bottle as it's Boxing Day.

You guys are throwing your money away. I'm living like a king in Chiang Mai on about 3,400 baht a month. Room: 2,000 baht a month including all utilities, WiFi, 60 TV channels. Very central location inside moat. Laundry: 100 baht a month. Transport: Free (mountain bike). Fine dining and entertainment: 1,300 baht a month including getting drunk EVERY night. Ladies: free of charge, several times a month. Different lady every single time. This is the life. I have a nice income from abroad, I'm in my early 40s, retired, and I can save the equivalent of US$ 2,500 a month to make provision for my older years. Life doesn't get much better than this. I will never leave.

I can get laid for free any night or day of the week if I want to. But I just have to close my eyes and imagine it's some other guy. whistling.gifwink.png

LOL 55555555 hahaha -- right.laugh.pngcheesy.gif

I didnt know there was a centrepoint doss house shelter inside the moat area. Explains almost everything you mentioned above.

Fine dining and entertainment: 1,300 baht a month including getting drunk EVERY night.

Even if you're drinking Lao Khao, you're alcohol bill alone, would be 1500 Baht a month. rolleyes.gif

Not necessarily; a lot of rice is just thrown away in this country. Collect it all from the trash and then ferment it into alcohol, using water that you get for free from water coolers at banks and hospitals.

• Like 2

Fine dining and entertainment: 1,300 baht a month including getting drunk EVERY night.

Even if you're drinking Lao Khao, you're alcohol bill alone, would be 1500 Baht a month. rolleyes.gif

Not necessarily; a lot of rice is just thrown away in this country. Collect it all from the trash and then ferment it into alcohol, using water that you get for free from water coolers at banks and hospitals.

Hmmm, you also need yeast, sugar and an apparatus of some kind to produce alcohol (I'm talking about the strong stuff). So I'll stick to the 1500 Baht. Add 2 packs of noodles per day for the dining and you must add a whopping 300 Baht to the 1500. So the total would be 1800 Baht per month.

There's a little shop on the other side of the street where Gecko Garden is. They have a clothes piles out front for both 10 baht and 20 Baht. Seems to attract female farangs.

I usually bait my traps with shoes. Edited by DowntownAl

I have seen snicker's bars for 15 baht.

Any idea why some one would not need a 20 baht note?

When I go to the bank for my monthly money allotment I get 1,000 baht in 20's. Saves a lot of hassle. Also get 10,000 baht in 100's. I mentioned it to a friend the other day and he said when he needs change he just go's into a 7/11 I mentioned I don't have to buy any thing to get change. But if 7/11 is your thing that's OK.

I light my cigars with 20 baht notes.

When the rate was 45 baht to the dollar, I used 50 baht notes, but now times are tough and I've had to cut back.

Back when the rate was 45 baht to the dollar, the 50 baht notes were made of plastic, and a lot less suitable to light anything with.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

That's what I call burning through your nest egg. wink.png

Oh how I dread the prospect that my fortune survives me. To ensure I'm broke the day I die, and not a moment sooner commands all my effort, and great finesse. On some days, it feels like a race against time, on others, not so much. Ergo, I keep notes of various denominations close to my cigar box.

When the rate was 45 baht to the dollar, I used 50 baht notes, but now times are tough and I've had to cut back.

Back when the rate was 45 baht to the dollar, the 50 baht notes were made of plastic, and a lot less suitable to light anything with.

Don't I know it! It took several notes to light a cigar. And the smell of burning plastic—I'm sure that can't be good for you. Fortunately, my butler didn't seem to mind as he lit my cigars for me.

T

• Like 1

OK, I'll join in the fun: 20 baht for a small Leo at The Olde Bell for the first 10 ThaiVisa members who come in after 7pm tonight (27-12-2012) and say "a small Thai Visa Leo for 20 Baht, if you please" !!

Edited by OldeBellPedr
  • Like 1

T

Thanks for the admission. You can expect a call about the Lesse Majesty offence of damaging currency anyday now. smile.png

• Like 2