What Sort Of Wife/girlfriend Is Yours?

thenervoussurgeon

No its not an "was your wife a bar girl thread" far from it ,its just that the other day while talking to a guy he said that he has been married for about 10 years but that he was fed up as he and his wife rarely spoke as she could nor speak english well and he could not speak Thai.

judging by the number of men who converse with their partners in "Tinglish" it got me thinking how many men have little in common with their Thai partners? and live seperate lives. whats your take on this

Edited by thenervoussurgeon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my take is that i'm married since 33 years (to the same lady thumbsup.gif), most of the time we speak English but use also regularly German and French. she does not correct my two mother tongues French and German but since 35 (or 36?) years she is correcting my English grammar and pronunciation unsure.png

I find that to have a good relationship you do need to be able to communicate ,as we lived in the UK for many years i must admit my wifes english is far better than my thai ,we do tend to do a lot together ,but she has a small buisness which she can do from home mainly and also has a lot of rice fields which she pays others to manage via her sister who lives nearer the fields,so while not being entirely self supporting ,she does have some money of her own

Mine shows up in my dreams when I hit the sack after a heavy Chang session outside of 7/11 but has long left when I wake up with a headache and dry mouth :(

I can relate to that. Nightmares is more like it. My off-and-on is a complicated relationship, but it seems to be getting a little more normal.

My wife speaks English and has a masters from the same university I have a degree from.

Do I win ?

Nope, unless she has authored a Hungarian-English phrasebook!

Mate, mate, mate. She finished the last one before breakfast.

Well, well, well. In that case both of you not only win but must be perfect communicators: the model couple many readers will aspire to. On behalf of the TVF, many congratulations to you and your well-versed spouse! wink.png

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

Mine shows up in my dreams when I hit the sack after a heavy Chang session outside of 7/11 but has long left when I wake up with a headache and dry mouth sad.png

Don't they have bars where you live?

I couldn't find any bars in Pattaya who sells a large Chang for the same price as 7 ermm.gif

Mine shows up in my dreams when I hit the sack after a heavy Chang session outside of 7/11 but has long left when I wake up with a headache and dry mouth sad.png

Don't they have bars where you live?

I couldn't find any bars in Pattaya who sells a large Chang for the same price as 7 ermm.gif

What's the price difference, 10 baht? If I had to do my drinking outside a 7/11 to save 10 baht I'd think about living somewhere else. You could always buy your Chang wholesale by the carton and maybe save another 5 baht a bottle, and drink at home, in a park or on the beach.

Edited by giddyup

What's the price difference, 10 baht? If I had to do my drinking outside a 7/11 to save 10 baht I'd think about living somewhere else. You could always buy your Chang wholesale by the carton and maybe save another 5 baht a bottle, and drink at home, in a park or on the beach.

Cheapest place I found there is a 8 baht price difference but there are no girls in the bar wacko.png

Buying wholesale sounds like a good idea but then I would have to drink hot beer... and drinking at home is boring, I like to see the world go buy so 7 is the best alternative, fresh beer 24/7 at retailer price thumbsup.gif

My wife speaks English and has a masters from the same university I have a degree from.

Do I win ?

Nope, unless she has authored a Hungarian-English phrasebook!

Mate, mate, mate. She finished the last one before breakfast.

Well, well, well. In that case both of you not only win but must be perfect communicators: the model couple many readers will aspire to. On behalf of the TVF, many congratulations to you and your well-versed spouse! wink.png

clap2.gif

Cheapest place I found there is a 8 baht price difference but there are no girls in the bar wacko.png

Buying wholesale sounds like a good idea but then I would have to drink hot beer... and drinking at home is boring, I like to see the world go buy so 7 is the best alternative, fresh beer 24/7 at retailer price thumbsup.gif

Really, is money that tight you have to sit outside a 7/11 rather in a comfortable bar? I drink Leo small bottles in a few nice bars where I pay 45-50 baht. If money was that tight that I couldn't afford to do that, there wouldn't be much point in being here.

• Like 1