Aircon Car

Nienke

I've bought a wonderful new old car: aToyota Hilux Tiger, build into a station wagon/sedan.

There is air-conditioning which is working alright but doesn't cool properly the whole car. Two weeks ago I had it filled up. Still the same problem.

Now, I'm thinking (with my pretty non-existing knowledge on this subject) that either the system is too small for this huge working horse, or there's something wrong with it.

Any idea's, advices, and/or recommendations for car-aircon repair mechanics will be highly appreciated. :)

Coming from Nong Hoi intersection (going south towards Lamphun) past 89 Plaza but before turn off for Vieng Khum Kham ( I think not positive). It's on the left hand side. Can't for the life of me remember the name but it has "air" on the end of the name and normally quite a few minibuses parked outside.

I think it might be called Chai Chana Air but not positive.

There probably a leak in the pipes of AC system somewhere. Maybe change condenser etc etc

Nienke,

The original aircon was designed to cool just the cab of a pickup.

When the vehicle was modified to have considerably more interior space, it can't cool as well.

Upgrading to a heavy duty unit might be possible, but probably a very expensive proposition.

McG is correct although a temperature test at air vents will soon ascertain if the a/c unit is working to spec.

Are the windows tinted to reduce heat and is all of the turret area (ceiling) lined? A plexi-glass divider between luggage space and cabin can also help maintain passenger comfort.

Hi MG, Thank you.

The car has been build into a sedan by a former owner who had a big family. There even is an extra bench in the back (which I want to take out again). So, I assume the aircon could cover the whole car before. But I can be wrong there.

I will mention this at the shop Sally recommends, although they probably will come up with that themselves as well.

Oops, I keep on cross-posting. Thank you Rob!

The windows are tinted, but I doubt about the ceiling.

Plexi-glass is no option for me as I keep dogs in the car, and I prefer not to have them in a separate area. It's also for the dogs that I ask about the air-con. :)

Coming from Nong Hoi intersection (going south towards Lamphun) past 89 Plaza but before turn off for Vieng Khum Kham ( I think not positive). It's on the left hand side. Can't for the life of me remember the name but it has "air" on the end of the name and normally quite a few minibuses parked outside.

I think it might be called Chai Chana Air but not positive.

There probably a leak in the pipes of AC system somewhere. Maybe change condenser etc etc

They are not far from the turn off to the Police Station. As you head further south along old Lamphun road there is a soi to the left & an open plot of land opposite to the right. The shop is on the south corner of the soi.

Google map 18.750076,99.009977

Edited by MESmith

There is a good air con mechanic on the opposite side of the river from Holiday Inn. Cross the bridge from Holiday Inn, turn immediately left and the there is a strip of aboout 6 or 8 building on the opposite side of the road just as you turn. He is in one of them. I have found him to be very reasonable.

Amnuay Motor Air is my recommendation.

One thing to consider when taking an old car to fix something like air-con is that you will only be patching up the problem unless you completely refurbish the whole unit. If one thing is past it's working life date now, another thing will pop its clogs very soon and you'll be going backwards and forwards and completely frustrated.

Thank you MESmith and Saan. :jap:

(edit: since when doesn't :jap: work anymore? sad.png )

Sorry about that- we deleted the emoticon titled "jap" (the bowing guy with the rice field hat) because some found it rascist.

Not the emoticon, the emoticon name.

You can always use the "wai" emoticon, and good luck with your aircon quest.

wai.gif

^ helloo...why not simply change the name? It (is) was a great avatar.

It's canned from the developers so can't modify. It is possible for me to add a new one if one can find the same or similar with different name. I'll see if I can modify externally and re-add as a new one.

It's canned from the developers so can't modify. It is possible for me to add a new one if one can find the same or similar with different name. I'll see if I can modify externally and re-add as a new one.

nice if you could..a good emoton but the name is not acceptible.

nice if you could..a good emoton but the name is not acceptible.

I saved the old one, renamed it locally to wai2 and re-uploaded it and arranged them side by side so now both are available again but PC. wai2.gif