First Class Insurance - Different Premiums For Different Areas?

Sophon

I have to renew my first class insurance at the start of next month, but we will also be moving from Bangkok to Lamphun before the end of this month. Where I come from the insurance premiums differ between different areas reflecting e.g. the higher risk of theft/accidents in cities compared to the countryside. Is this also the case in Thailand?

If there are different premiums for different areas in Thailand, then I guess it would be better to change address to Lamphun before renewing the insurance. Presumably, Lamphun would be cheaper than Bangkok.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Sophon

Yes, insurance costs vary by area and by the type of car... There's no real way to guess though - a passenger car might be cheaper to insure in Lamphun, but a 4x4 might not..

Might be worth the effort of a few phone calls?

Yes, insurance costs vary by area and by the type of car... There's no real way to guess though - a passenger car might be cheaper to insure in Lamphun, but a 4x4 might not..

That's new please quote where you got info costs vary by area.

That's new please quote where you got info costs vary by area.

I contacted my current insurance company Muang Thai today, and they informed me that the premium is the same no matter where I live. I don't know if that is specific to this company or general policy for all insurance companies.

Sophon