Wha't Is The Best Time To Go Thailand

jhonmeldon

November to February. The weather is a bit cooler, the humidity is lower and there's not to much rain.

Correct what Rajab says that is peak of peak season, I would also add pre-November can be dicey with rain, floods however post February is a heat issue, watch the hotel rates as the often come down April 1st, shoulder season now runs all the way to June (hotel rates)

I don't mean to be rude, but I'd highly recommend either buying a guide book on Thailand or going to your local library to get one. If you're traveling, there's tons of websites out there listing things to do here in Thailand. Lonely Planet is great, as is Tripadvisor.com. Many more also.

Google is your friend.

When you've narrowed your interests down a bit, come back here with more specific questions. And don't forget to add how long you have, do you like beaches/mountains/cities, who'll be traveling with you, budget, etc. Helps us out a lot when trying to answer your questions....

Good answer that....I read his OP and was left with more questions than anything else.

For budget travel I'd recommend April-May. That's when we (Thai family and I'm resident) like to travel around. It's hotter, but less tourists, good bargains for hotels etc to be had. The second one is late October/early November, same reasons, but weather getting cooler.

Up to preferences, that's just one highlight. Thailand always offers a lot of options, regardless of the time of the year.

Best time to travel to Thailand ? - after you have followed the advice given by Craig3365 above and done plenty of research and have some idea of what you are doing, that's the best time.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

Best time? This may mean different things to different folks. Depends on how much heat & humidity you can take and how much you would like to spend.

Must see places? What are you interested in? You need to narrow it down a bit.

Whens the best time to travel to Thailand?

simple, about 40 years ago......

They say Myanmar has the same feel now. Personally no experience.

That's one more variable, if wanting to travel to neighbouring countries, avoid rainy season in south and the chilly winter up north.

That's one more variable, if wanting to travel to neighbouring countries, avoid rainy season in south and the chilly winter up north.

Myanmar is def next on my list - am saving hard right now!!!

If you plan on visiting the north of Thailand, say Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai, I recommend you avoid the February-March timeframe. That is the "smoky season" in north Thailand. The farmers burn off their fields, mushroom gatherers burn the forest undergrowth (apparently it helps the mushrooms grow after the rains start), and everybody else is burning leaves, trash, and whatever else they want to burn.

I arrived here in Chiang Mai early March this year and many days you could barely see the sun. Some days were so bad my eyes would be burning after a short time outside. And it was even worse further north in Chiang Rai. They had multiple airline flights into Chiang Rai cancelled because of the smoke "haze". It started to clear up the first part of April. I've already planned to be elsewhere for next years "smoky season".

I spent some time traveling Burma last year and although I know nothing of what Thailand was like back in "the good old days" other than some pics I've seen and a Pan Am promo vid, I'm almost certain that if Thailand was like Burma is now then the people who claim it as a golden era are delusional by In vino veritas.

Granted, Burma is worth a visit for a few weeks to hit the trails but when you're sitting eating thai food outside a cafe close to traffic at Hualamphong thinking "ahhhh civilisation" after returning from Yangon to BKK it hammers home a point that as untrodden as the Burma path is, which it isn't really, I'll take LOS any day of the week.

People say they don't like going during December but I love it. It's busy, everywhere you go there is a nice vibe and all the locals say 'Sawadee pi Mai'. Ok hotels are more pricey but for me it's a holiday so I don't care.