Samsung Ban Lifted By U S Court

webfact

Samsung ban lifted by US court

SAN FRANCISCO: -- A US court has lifted a sales ban on Samsung's Nexus smartphone in a blow to Apple's bid to use alleged patent violations to stymie its main smartphone competitor.

The US Circuit Court of Appeals in Washington ruled that the California judge who issued a preliminary injunction did so without the proper legal basis. The decision means that Samsung can immediately resume sales of the smartphone, which it developed in conjunction with Google.

The decision Thursday was the latest round in a global patent fight between the two electronics giants. Apple won a 1-billion-dollar award against Samsung when a jury found that the South Korean company had violated numerous Apple patents. Samsung has vowed to appeal, while Apple is seeking a permanent injunction in a hearing set for December.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-12

Apple is well known for copying the innovations of others and then taking out patents and then suing people who copy what they copied. Seriously, Apple is a marketing company rather than a truly innovative company.

Apple is well known for copying the innovations of others and then taking out patents and then suing people who copy what they copied. Seriously, Apple is a marketing company rather than a truly innovative company.

Actually this is rubbish. Apple is a very innovative company with many of its products being copied by others, especially Microsoft.

Having said that, Apple has become far too aggressive about defending its patents - far too easily obtained for minimal innovation in the US. The original trial was a travesty - jury in Apple's home town - & Samsung never had a chance. In similar trials in Korea & Japan, the former was a draw & the latter was mainly won by Samsung.

Samsung should demand some sort of equal time with the media, like they do with politicians.

When the fruit company puts out another product it makes the headlines. Not biz or economic or entertainment news, general news, which is really just free advertising. Makes it seem like one of the most dire challenges in life these days is getting the latest iCrap before the supply runs out.

And who the hell cares anyway?

It's a damned shame, though not unexpected. Samsung is a bunch of thieves that manufactures shoddy products. All you happy Samsung owners out there, enjoy it while you can. As soon as your warranty runs out, you'll have a problem -- a touch screen failing, something. As soon as the model number changes, your product will not longer be supported and you will have to buy a new one. Best of luck to you though. It's a bitch learning the hard way like I did.

• Like 1

Samsung may not be the best company out there but it is as good as any. I have a number of different Samsung products and have had no complaints with any of them. Among my products is an air conditioner, microwave, washing machine, TV and three Samsung phones.

It's a damned shame, though not unexpected. Samsung is a bunch of thieves that manufactures shoddy products. All you happy Samsung owners out there, enjoy it while you can. As soon as your warranty runs out, you'll have a problem -- a touch screen failing, something. As soon as the model number changes, your product will not longer be supported and you will have to buy a new one. Best of luck to you though. It's a bitch learning the hard way like I did.

I now have four Samsung mobile devices and two of them are outside warranty. They all work fine.

What is your story? What device did you buy and what happened to it?

Good I hope the Chinese, who are great at copying, copy iPhones and screw Apple.

They do it already. Only those Chinese are Koreans, with their company SAMSUNG.

Americans should support American products !

Btw. I'm not American. But support Apple.

Good I hope the Chinese, who are great at copying, copy iPhones and screw Apple.

They do it already. Only those Chinese are Koreans, with their company SAMSUNG.

Americans should support American products !

Btw. I'm not American. But support Apple.

If Apple supported Americans then you would have a valid point, but Apples makes all of its products outside of the US. As far as Apple is concerned Americans are just the consumers and the local sales staff (if they could figure out how to outsource it to China they would).

If Apple supported Americans then you would have a valid point, but Apples makes all of its products outside of the US. As far as Apple is concerned Americans are just the consumers and the local sales staff (if they could figure out how to outsource it to China they would).

Only the production is outsourced to China. Same as Motorola, Nokia, Samsung…

But design and software is done in Cupertino by 50,000 employees. According to Apple, it created indirectly over 500,000 US jobs.

http://www.apple.com/about/job-creation/

Only the production is outsourced to China. Same as Motorola, Nokia, Samsung…

But design and software is done in Cupertino by 50,000 employees. According to Apple, it created indirectly over 500,000 US jobs.

http://www.apple.com...t/job-creation/

According to apply.. That is like a medicine producer testing its own medicine. A bit bias.

But design and software is done in Cupertino by 50,000 employees.

According to a recent New York Times article 70% of Apple's 43,000 employees in the U.S work in retail, that is to say Apple stores, where they are one of the most productive - if overworked and underpaid - of retails sales forces. They do not make any commission.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/business/apple-store-workers-loyal-but-short-on-pay.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all&

So any design/development is done by an amazingly small workforce. Pretty impressive actually.

On topic, I wouldn't read too much into this particular ban on sales being lifted.

Edited by lomatopo