Cbr 150- Need New Tires

Lancelot

Hi,

I need some tire advice. I bought a used CBR 150 and now has 16,000 kms. The original IRC tires are worn, so I'm going to replace them.

Any recommendations for a decent set in the 2 to 3,000 price range? I'm not an aggressive rider seeking maximum performance, just some good rubber :)

Thanks!

L

i ordered some Michelin Pilot Sporty from

Ek Paiboon Yang Yont (02) 222-7535 in Bangkok

Khun Pairoj [email protected]

and he had them delivered to Pattaya area (Sattahip) for THB100.They are the Michelin Distributor in Thailand.

Good service and prices, communicates well in english. I ATM'd the money in the morning and got a call from the transport company in the afternoon to pick the tyres up from their depot.

Edited by taichiplanet
  • Like 1

when i used them they only stayed sticky for 4000 kilometers, the tread was still ample but lost their grip.

Yesterday I was doing tight u-turn and when I accelerated out f the turn, the rear end slipped out on me. I've just hit that 4000km on this set of tires.

Now I wish I would have spent double the money and got some good tires. Don't go cheap with your tires. IMO Michelin sporty tires are an upgrade to the IRC road winning tires.

when i used them they only stayed sticky for 4000 kilometers, the tread was still ample but lost their grip.

Yesterday I was doing tight u-turn and when I accelerated out f the turn, the rear end slipped out on me. I've just hit that 4000km on this set of tires.

Now I wish I would have spent double the money and got some good tires. Don't go cheap with your tires. IMO Michelin sporty tires are an upgrade to the IRC road winning tires.

Thanks. The IRCs are just shy of three years old, but they are cracking in the outer tread grove (grove close to side wall) So I figure they are basically a hard tire, or relatively low rubber content. Any way, I think it will be the Michelins :)

Regards, Lance

• 2 months later...

Looking on some of the Thai forums,

some have put Dunlop GT 501's on. 110/70-17 front and 140/70-17 back. Are these slightly wider tyres ok to fit?

I have 90/80 on the front and 110/80 on the rear and personally I would not want larger tires.

On a side note I experienced a puncture on my rear 110/80 Pilot Sporty. I've had the misfortune to hit a couple of pot holes a little too hard...

i ordered some Michelin Pilot Sporty from

Ek Paiboon Yang Yont (02) 222-7535 in Bangkok

Khun Pairoj [email protected]

and he had them delivered to Pattaya area (Sattahip) for THB100.They are the Michelin Distributor in Thailand.

Good service and prices, communicates well in english. I ATM'd the money in the morning and got a call from the transport company in the afternoon to pick the tyres up from their depot.

I ended up buying my rear 110/80 Pilot Sporty from Khun Piroj. ATM'd him the money and had the tire three days later. Baht 60 delivery charge.

Looking on some of the Thai forums,

some have put Dunlop GT 501's on. 110/70-17 front and 140/70-17 back. Are these slightly wider tyres ok to fit?

I've had Perrelli diablo super Coras on my CBR 150R. 110/70R17 in the front and 150/60R17 in the rear. Riding with a 150 on the rear make high speed driving comfortable. IMO you would be crazy to be driving anything less then what the manufacture suggest.

Found a well-stocked local shop with Michelins. Got Michelin Pilot Sporty's fitted today. 100/80 on the front. 130/70 on the back. This is the same width and aspect ratio as the original, factory IRC's. Cost 1300 front, 1850 rear plus a small labour charge for fitting.

Found a well-stocked local shop with Michelins. Got Michelin Pilot Sporty's fitted today. 100/80 on the front. 130/70 on the back. This is the same width and aspect ratio as the original, factory IRC's. Cost 1300 front, 1850 rear plus a small labour charge for fitting.

Where?

• 2 weeks later...