How Thin Is Your Skin?

tinfoilhat

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mensa is also the name of the forum for intellectual people http://www.mensa.org/

Those who cannot join Mensa lurk in the dark recesses of Tv. whistling.gif

I think i understand. But returning to the OP AFAIK we are here to share experiences and knowledge. And i think poster' egos get touched very easily whilst discussing the threads. All i am saying that' s the outcome of talking to each other in a digital way.... My thoughts are the thin or think skin is not an issue. The forum is there to share information but personality's have always to be taken into account. Nobody' s talking to a computer here. Let's be nice to each other and learn from one another. Regardless if your/our skin is thick or thin.

• Like 1

Mensa is also the name of the forum for intellectual people http://www.mensa.org/

Those who cannot join Mensa lurk in the dark recesses of Tv. whistling.gif

I think i understand. But returning to the OP AFAIK we are here to share experiences and knowledge. And i think poster' egos get touched very easily whilst discussing the threads. All i am saying that' s the outcome of talking to each other in a digital way.... My thoughts are the thin or think skin is not an issue. The forum is there to share information but personality's have always to be taken into account. Nobody' s talking to a computer here. Let's be nice to each other and learn from one another. Regardless if your/our skin is thick or thin.

Hey! I also lurk in the dark recesses of Tv (otherwise I would not be posting, would I??) ..... Don't take life so seriously, or we'll have to mark you down as thin-skinned wink.png

Edited by Rob8891

i joined TV at the start to go onto the farming section, and still do,

im not on the wrong thred, hang on,,lol

anyway i try to help when i can,

but its better when theres a bit of piss taking going on its a far better craic,

some of the posters on tv ask for the piss to be taken, and boy do they get it,,lol

but at the end of the day its all good fun and nobody gets hurt,

well apart from me when i keep getting pulled up becouse i cant bloody spell and im thick,,lol

jake

• Like 1

but its better when theres a bit of piss taking going on its a far better craic,

some of the posters on tv ask for the piss to be taken, and boy do they get it,,lol

well apart from me when i keep getting pulled up becouse i cant bloody spell and im thick,,lol

jake

A pig farmer talking about thick or thin skinned?

You couldn't make it up!!

he's just here for the craic(ling)......... Sorry! but someone was going to have to say it!!!!

• Like 2

see you even sent the bloody pigs to sleep,,,lol

a thred needs craic,,

Agreed. I'm reading through the list of popular threads that theblethererhighlighted in a recent post.... What a laugh! We need more threads like those....bloody hysterical.

I would prefer the forum is used for worthwhile, constructive and informative articles and responses

It is very annoying reading through trolls and stupid moron's replies.

I feel it is childish to try and wind people up especial;ly when you don't know them.

However I have to accept there are those who use this forum as light entertainment who seem to have a very low IQ and have no intention of trying to help another forum member but just take the p**s.

I think its great that members of Mensa such as your goodself find time to discuss these sorts of things with us plebs on TV and give us your wisdom oh great one...

Employed a Mensa with engineering wallpaper coming out his ying yang...whilst he was quite witty and intelligent his interpersonal and sales skills/achievement failed to come up to scratch....sadly,him being a good friend, had to let him go.

I find TV both entertaining and informative, like many, if I am having/had a bad day I tend to write rubbish and let it get to me..bloody stupid as it is.....Think I still hold grudges against some executives from my other life..also stupid...human nature I suppose.

Yes the "I am a tertiary educated, extremely intelligent, knowledgeable ,financially secure, I only ever buy the best, colonial wannabe, superior westerner " posts just make me giggle....being a bit of a savage it IS sometimes fun to flame them though...suspect it maybe goes over their head for the most part...lol.

Of course as we are all guilty of blowing our own trumpets to some degree at one time or another thus we become moths to the "flame"......makes public forums what they are methinks.

• Like 1

I would prefer the forum is used for worthwhile, constructive and informative articles and responses

I feel it is childish to try and wind people up especial;ly when you don't know them.

However I have to accept there are those who use this forum as light entertainment who seem to have a very low IQ and have no intention of trying to help another forum member but just take the p**s.

I think its great that members of Mensa such as your goodself find time to discuss these sorts of things with us plebs on TV and give us your wisdom oh great one...

No I am not a member of mensa but would suggest that my IQ is rather higher than a lot members on TV.

I never expected anything less from the replies I have recieved from my OP, I think it just proves my point.

I have been a member of an Ex Pat forums in other countries and never have I seen such childish replies.

If someone wants to have a laugh or joke or play a game at someones else's expense then why not go to the 'joke and games ' section.

Yes I can laugh and joke around with the best, but what annoys me is a member will sometimes start a resonable OP

only to be replied with stupid (many times off topic) replies where all one was doing was asking or giving advice.

Would many of the TV members give the same response to someone who is standing in front of them?

I think not, but it is ok to hide behind a keyboard.

Yes, I now await more idiotic replies. But one thing I am sure of is that my OP and this post will not improve the standard on TV.

Sometimes it is too late to grow up.

• Like 1

jake

A pig farmer talking about thick or thin skinned?

You couldn't make it up!!

I don't think most of these people even know what pork scratchings are, there's so much off-topic wittering on this thread

• Like 2

No I am not a member of mensa but would suggest that my IQ is rather higher than a lot members on TV.

I never expected anything less from the replies I have recieved from my OP, I think it just proves my point.

I have been a member of an Ex Pat forums in other countries and never have I seen such childish replies.

If someone wants to have a laugh or joke or play a game at someones else's expense then why not go to the 'joke and games ' section.

Yes I can laugh and joke around with the best, but what annoys me is a member will sometimes start a resonable OP

only to be replied with stupid (many times off topic) replies where all one was doing was asking or giving advice.

Would many of the TV members give the same response to someone who is standing in front of them?

I think not, but it is ok to hide behind a keyboard.

Yes, I now await more idiotic replies. But one thing I am sure of is that my OP and this post will not improve the standard on TV.

Sometimes it is too late to grow up.

I invite you not agree that it is pompous rather than intelligent to tell a group of people you have recently met that you believe your level of intelligence is rather higher than theirs.

I further invite you to agree that your perception of TV and the purpose it serves is simply one of a number of differing views.

The people you criticise may in fact be very intelligent but they don't conduct themselves in a way that you approve of and their motivation for being TV members may be different to your own.

TV members are clearly an heterogeneous mix of people, markedly more heterogeneous than you would meet in a club back home. Your status on TV is contingent on the quality of your postings. I believe that most people on TV enjoy the cut and thrust of the humor and most people seeking advice get a measure of genuine help.

You need to adjust to the climate!