Culture Minister Uraiwan Thienthong Resigns

Jai Dee

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know that the tax for a car is 300% including pick-up truck (Thaksin said they are not working vehicles anymore, they're family vehicles), what about the working guy that wants to buy a car, a car is his dream, and Thaksin is cutting it, I don't mind to pay high taxes for a luxurious car, but let's think about normal people, with normal needs like take their kids to school, should't a basic vehicle pay less taxes.

Yes give everyone a car so they can drop their kids off to school. What's wrong with a bus.

Cars are 1/3 of the reason Thailand's (and the world's) experiencing bigger problems - Droughts and Floods.

Using a car to drop kids off to school is one of the highest polluting trips - engines not warm, catalytic converter takes time to kick in, and the unbeleivable traffic dropping kids off creates......

Seriously - there are bigger problems than car tax. I would argue it's a good thing.

Using a car to drop kids off to school is one of the highest polluting trips - engines not warm, catalytic converter takes time to kick in, and the unbeleivable traffic dropping kids off creates......

It's a bit :o but you don't see much of this happening in Thailand... :D

In my neck of the woods it's usually motocycs and songtheows.. all heavily overloaded. :D

Off topic maybe - but I felt that the 300% tax comment was just another critiscism aimed at Thaksin that needed to be discussed.

We can all throw critiscisms at him and make him sound like the devil but are they all valid?

(BTW - don't take that as meaning I support the guy)

and sure motorcycles are overloaded but cars make for more traffic congestion. Motorbikes use a hellu of a lot less fuel - in turn keeping the expensive import of oil lower- which is helping the economy.....

Edited by awarrumbungle

[

Yes give everyone a car so they can drop their kids off to school. What's wrong with a bus.

Cars are 1/3 of the reason Thailand's (and the world's) experiencing bigger problems - Droughts and Floods.

Seriously - there are bigger problems than car tax. I would argue it's a good thing.

Guys, open your minds, I'm just giving an example, and remember that Bangkok is not Thailand, Bangkok has traffic problems, not Thailand (BTW, it was Thaksin's idea to duplicate the amount of Taxis in BKK).

Thaksin wanted people to drive bicycles, but WHERE???!!!, you can ask people to do it if you give the streets to do it, if you drive a bicycle you sign your death sentence, we need solutions, not stupid ideas.

You say use buses, did you know that the green buses had a technical check about 2 months ago?, and of 300 only 1 passed!!!, even there were some considered dangerous.

This are the kind of things that are not fair and there are more, we don't live in a perfect world, but can be better.

Have you seen a police driving his motorcycle against the traffic or in the sidewalk, Policemen and Government officer ask you directly for "under the table money", if the head not working the body is a mess, if my leader is corrupt, I can be corrupt too.

I'm just giving examples related with cars or traffic, because of what I said.

Thailand doesn't need a super leader, already has the King (a person that I respect very much), Thailand just needs somebody with common sense. I hope you agree with me on that.

BTW, I like critics, give the chance to explain my points of view, thanks for your comments.