Best Bars For Couples

meatballs

Me and my lady are usually bored out of our skulls all day. Mostly our day centers around which restaurant to go to or other mundane activities. What you you recommend as a good place for a couple to enjoy the nightlife? I take her to Pattaya Beer Garden sometimes but I'm looking for other suggestions. Please no girlie gogos but she is open to the boy barswhistling.gif .

Don't do this very often myself but i would recommend the following:

Dicey O'Reillys is OK on 2nd at the top of Soi PO. Its a bit pricey, but they have live music in the evenings and its a nice place to spend a couple of hours, and play pool.

HRC - again pricey for food and drink but the bands there are usu good for a night-out.

Some of the beer bars on WS are not too in your face - for example the bars in the 2 Simon complexes.

Again the show in AngelWitch is OK once or twice.

I've found some of the bars/restaurants in Naklua area are better to go to as a couple than Central Pattaya, Soi Bukhao, WS etc..

TIM bar and gogo on 2nd Rd is OK plus there's another bar and big pool area outback.

I have the same problem so I always go to places that look busy as they provide opportunities to chat to people. There are always a number of larger than life characters in Pattaya who will entertain you for free with their tall tales. As long as you remember not to lend them money there's usually no problem and they help relieve boredom.

I can fully understand why single men go to Pattaya. It is Disneyland for adults. I have nothing against this. What I have never understood is why couples and families go there when Thailand has so many beautiful places to stay and offers so much to do and explore ?

Lots of people back home think Thailand is how they have seen it in Pattaya and it isn't.

Not Pattaya bashing but go explore the rest of Thailand.

It really is the most beautiful and stunning place there is ! thumbsup.gif

I can fully understand why single men go to Pattaya. It is Disneyland for adults. I have nothing against this. What I have never understood is why couples and families go there when Thailand has so many beautiful places to stay and offers so much to do and explore ?

Lots of people back home think Thailand is how they have seen it in Pattaya and it isn't.

We live in Pattaya, that's why the question from the OP

Why would people who live in Pattaya ask what there is to do ?

There are more than 1000 bars and entertainment venues in the town, spread-out over a sizeable area.

Perhaps he was asking for a bit of info from people that live there, visit Pattaya and have a seen a nice place or 2.

I doubt he was looking for advice on seeing the 'real' Thailand (wherever that is).

• Like 1

meatballs as a couple of other posters have suggested a lot of bars on Walking street where you can sit and watch the foot traffic or listen to good music.

One of my favourites is Rolling Stone 2 on the corner Soi 16 and WS (opposite Nan Nual restaurant) have two main bands every night playing 70s/80s/90s stuff, multiple TV screens, pool tables and a quieter area near the bar away from the band if it is too loud.

Wonderful 2 on second road opposite the Avenue, lots of places in LK Metro (off Soi Buakhow -sorry never know how to spell this). You really need to be more specific about what you want or just have a wander and a drink in a few places and see what you like.

Deleted....best to remain secret.

blink.png Don't you know its nice to share !

The more I share and the crowdier it gets, the less I can share.

Right.......... a forum is really going to work well if we all adopt that attitude - won't it ?

just this one thing, don't be so selfish.

Pretty much the same as people going to Paris, London, Athens, Madrid and thinking these places represent the countries they are in.

Topt .... You following me about ? those are the two bars I would have recommended as well, I would also add the new rolling stone bar on soi 8 , had a fab night in there last night, music was great.

The only issue I have with the one on Soi 8 is it is too loud as many of the seats are very close to the band and not so easy to people watch the street - but yes good music.

The Blues Factory just off WS is my fav "couples bar."

Gotta agree with that. Dinner at the Hoff and Blues Factory for music. And the Bamboo for late night dancing.

Sounds good. I've done that.

Trouble is, even the best couples outings get boring in PTY after while. There's just not enough here--Pattaya is rather specialized. Gotta find some occupations--school, reading, hobbies, work, kinky consenting-adult perversions to keep things interesting. smile.png

Edited by JSixpack