German Seeks Runaway Thai Wife For Son's Sake

webfact

In 2002 I had a (thai-)girlfriend from Lopburi who at that time worked as a Go-Go-dancer In Patpong.I fell in love with her and we lived togetther in Bangkok for a couple of years. One day we went to the bank together and I put 3 million Baht in HER bank-account (Fixed deposit for 1 year ), because she got a better interest-rate at that time.

Time went by and when the year was over we went to the bank together again to withdraw the 3 million from HER account in order to put it back in MY account.

When the banklady checked the filled out forms, she asked my girlfriend (NOT KNOWING THAT I COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS SPOKEN):

" Do you really want to give the 3 million back to the FARANG"?

My g/f answered (what is VERY RUDE for a thai (Lady) to say): Don't ask stupid questions and do your job.

had a similar experience in a thai registrars office in bkk 10 yrs ago, after pronouncing that we were married , he turned to the wife and said {in thai} " do you know you can get half of everything he has now" ,.........i felt like knocking the <deleted> out !,..... part of the culture i am afraid

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another + for the Thai familybah.gif

What kind of grandmother would kick her own grandson out of the house because dad ran out of money taking care of her?

Absolutely pathetic, disgusting and heartbreaking.

This seems to be normal behavior here; would love to see some decent Thais take a stand and condemn this kind of behavior. Dont see it happening thoughsad.png

Obviously you don't know any decent Thai people who, from my experience are actually in the vast majority. Perhaps you need to reevaluate the circles you mix in.

Your joking--I am not knocking decent Thai people-never would but Minority would be nearer the mark. I mix in a wide variety of Thais but I select carefully before befriending anyone. You ought to get around more. I am not suggesting you are telling porky pies, But you must lack overall urbon and rural experience.

Well, I have lived permanently in Thailand for well over a decade being based on a small tourist island, another home in a Thai provincial town and at the minute visiting family in rural area. In all that time I've never come across anything similar to the OP with the foreigner being bled dry and literally left holding the baby. I have known many mixed couples over the years and in the event of a split the foreigner has NEVER lost his house or even land he's purchased. So, seems we have vastly different experiences with the local population and that off course colours our view of life here.

• Like 1

Surely DNA testing can determine if he is the biological father or not.

More reliable than anyone just signing to say he is.

The DNA test might spring some surprises. sad.png

He does not need DNA test as it does not allow one parent to run off to another country without first getting legal permission from the other parent.

Through the 'Thai Network', news of this story has been received in Australia and the two Thai ladies I know here are ashamed.

They worry that Western men will think that the action of these two women (they blame the Grandmother as much as the child's mother) will reflect badly on them also.

They are worried about it making them look bad or for how the guy was treated?

The numbers don't add up here.

I moved from Britain to Thailand ten years ago. At that time I was worth six-and-a-half million baht - which at today's lousy exchange rate would be worth around four-and-a-half million baht.

And a decade later - thanks to a competent IFA - despite a 1/3rd drop in the value of the pound against the baht and another 1/3rd drop in the value of my nest-egg (thanks to the robber barons of Wall Street) I am STILL worth nearly three-and-a-half million.

Of course, I have RENTED my house (forget OWNING one here). My guess is that to have blown more than twice what I started with in just TWO years, he must've paid through the nose for either a HUGE house - or one in a "fashionable" area - in which case, he's a FOOL.

With ten million baht in his possession, he could've bought a decent house for just ONE million baht - then, given the low cost of living he praises here, lived like a KING on the interest from the remainder. I thought Germans were supposed to be well-ORGANISED?

Yes sad but true.......

Many ways around this as posts have stated truthfully.... I.E. DNA testing, birth certificate, stating who the father was... Things also do not add up in my mind. but I wish him luck, and that the child will be in better hands than, it would be in the mother's hands.....wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif But common sense states, cross the Tee's and dot the I's....

Have a great day!

I have no sympathy what so ever for this chap!

Even his picture suggests he is a user of Thai women, and so he got stung. He appears to be rather dumb, and to spend 10 M in less than 2 years more than proves it.

To use the desire to find his son to locate the poeple who took advantage of his gullbility is poor show. HE KNOWS where they are, in the house he alledgly bought. For others, who obviousyly don't live here, to say they dread the idea of marrying is pathetic if they base Thai women being abuse and thieves based upon this case.

The guy was obviously a drunkard and nonce to spend 10M in such a short space of time, when after he got caught by his cock.

Sad for the child, but not the father, in my opinion.

-mel.

Wow...you are a happy chap, aren't ya'?!

Time the new father got tough & smart, he's got to look after his child now & to do that he's gonna need support & family. But why should he give up a house that was built with his inheritance from his deceased grandfather to a girlfriend/wife who's disappeared without a care & a mother in law who is trying to abandon him.

He needs to get himself a smart solicitor or a good friend with command of the Thai language, go to the police station & report his partner as an officially missing person, he can take MIL along for the ride to provide a statement & if she sticks to her story she will inadvertently back him up that her daughter is missing & has not made any contact for however many months. Either MIL say's she's not made contact or has to admit to the police that she has been lying all along.

With the now reported case number he can go to the bank & take possession of the marital home for the sake of his son as he is now the sole legal guardian, he can also get assistance from his embassy.

If she still stay's away he can in time when she is declared permanantly missing put the house up for sale & use his money to take care of his son back in Germany.

MIL will be nothing more than a homeless ex MIL !!

• Like 1

Sure true, but, I think that signing thing here is miss leading.

The father needs the woman not only confirm that he is the father with a signature,

but also the possibility to make a Thai Passport for the child, that needs the consent of the mother I think.

A German Passport will need time, a DNA Test can help here?

When he has a Passport, he easy could leave Thailand, but again, he would official, need the consent of the mother for doing so and bring the child to Germany.

I left Thailand with my children at Airports always without a problem and no questions asked.

I doubt, that he will go for a DNA Test! By now, he should have learned, that she had one reason, to stay with him. The kid was another hook, one reason for him, so more surprises possible!

The DNA test might spring some surprises. sad.png

If he is the father of the Child, his name and Passport Number, Nationality etc. would be all ready stated in it.!!!

The father needs the woman not only confirm that he is the father with a signature,

but also the possibility to make a Thai Passport for the child, that needs the consent of the mother I think.

When he has a Passport, he easy could leave Thailand, but again, he would official, need the consent of the mother for doing so and bring the child to Germany.

I left Thailand with my children at Airports always without a problem and no questions asked.

Wrong He don t nee the consent of the Mother to get a Thai Passport because he has a Thai Birth Certificate (I assume). He would neet the Consent of the Mother to get a German Passport and why DNA Test?? In a Thai Certificate if he is the father, there would be his Name Passport Number, Nationality all ready stated anyway.. he would just have to translate all the Documents to German and go to the embassy to get the Passport, but without the agreement of the Mother it s not possible...

Wrong He don t nee the consent of the Mother to get a Thai Passport because he has a Thai Birth Certificate (I assume). He would neet the Consent of the Mother to get a German Passport and why DNA Test?? In a Thai Certificate if he is the father, there would be his Name Passport Number, Nationality all ready stated anyway.. he would just have to translate all the Documents to German and go to the embassy to get the Passport, but without the agreement of the Mother it s not possible...

Actually, both mother & father must sign on the Thai passport application + register - yes even when either is not Thai. :)

Edited by Payboy

The numbers don't add up here.

I moved from Britain to Thailand ten years ago. At that time I was worth six-and-a-half million baht - which at today's lousy exchange rate would be worth around four-and-a-half million baht.

And a decade later - thanks to a competent IFA - despite a 1/3rd drop in the value of the pound against the baht and another 1/3rd drop in the value of my nest-egg (thanks to the robber barons of Wall Street) I am STILL worth nearly three-and-a-half million.

Of course, I have RENTED my house (forget OWNING one here). My guess is that to have blown more than twice what I started with in just TWO years, he must've paid through the nose for either a HUGE house - or one in a "fashionable" area - in which case, he's a FOOL.

With ten million baht in his possession, he could've bought a decent house for just ONE million baht - then, given the low cost of living he praises here, lived like a KING on the interest from the remainder. I thought Germans were supposed to be well-ORGANISED?

A DECENT HOUSE FOR 1. MILLION???????????? LOL ARE YOU ACTUALLY FOR REAL. Show me that place where you get a decent house in Thailand for 1. Million guess you could not call this actually a house but more like a Mini Dwarf 1. Room Bungalow whitch probably falls apart after 5. Years ...

Edited by wallcracks

Actually, both mother & father must sign on the Thai passport application + register - yes even when either is not Thai. smile.png

NOPE I have two Sons both have Thai ID and I never had to sign anything.... Possibly they need a Thai to sign but not the foreigner, I don t understand why this guy not just turns to the German Embassy for help guess that could be all sorted out with a lawyerAnyway the Thai ID would not help, he needs a German ID for the Child and for that he has to do the acknowledgement of paternity first but he can do that ONLY with the agreement of the Mother

Edited by wallcracks

NOPE I have two Sons both have Thai ID and I never had to sign anything.... Possibly they need a Thai to sign but not the foreigner, I don t understand why this guy not just turns to the German Embassy for help guess that could be all sorted out with a lawyerAnyway the Thai ID would not help, he needs a German ID for the Child and for that he has to do the acknowledgement of paternity first but he can do that ONLY with the agreement of the Mother

You saying about the ID or their Passports? Also, is your name listed as father on their birth certificates?

In 2002 I had a (thai-)girlfriend from Lopburi who at that time worked as a Go-Go-dancer In Patpong.I fell in love with her and we lived togetther in Bangkok for a couple of years. One day we went to the bank together and I put 3 million Baht in HER bank-account (Fixed deposit for 1 year ), because she got a better interest-rate at that time.

Time went by and when the year was over we went to the bank together again to withdraw the 3 million from HER account in order to put it back in MY account.

When the banklady checked the filled out forms, she asked my girlfriend (NOT KNOWING THAT I COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS SPOKEN):

" Do you really want to give the 3 million back to the FARANG"?

My g/f answered (what is VERY RUDE for a thai (Lady) to say): Don't ask stupid questions and do your job.

But that was her answer, because she did know, you understand Thai!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sorry, gotta say putting $3,000,000 in a non spouse go-go dancer's name just to get a little better interests is really showing bad judgment. Much worse than spending the money on what one perceived to be a home for your wife and child. Glad it worked out for ya though.

Just curious how much extra interest warranted that risky investment. Probay better risk return ratio on buying US penny stocks.

The extra interest was about 30.000 Baht, BUT at that moment we were together already 5 years! It was MY judgement at that moment and after all it worked out!

Suppose I dated the banklady ( being deputy branch manager!!!) instead her I'd lost all the 3 million FOR SURE!

Deputy branch bank manager versus Patpong hooker!

What do we learn from this????

A DECENT HOUSE FOR 1. MILLION???????????? LOL ARE YOU ACTUALLY FOR REAL. Show me that place where you get a decent house in Thailand for 1. Million guess you could not call this actually a house but more like a Mini Dwarf 1. Room Bungalow whitch probably falls apart after 5. Years ...

A new 2 bed bungalow on many Thai moobans is about 1MBht.

If you have a bit of land, same can easily be built for about 600k

Not everyone lives in major cities like Bangkok or Pattaya.

Yes I know these kind of Houses :-) definately not one of those I would want to live in and I would not call it decent....

To all of the members that are still suggesting a DNA test, please read Bender's post (post # 50).

When I went through this with my oldest boy I was told that I had to have the mother's permission to have the child's DNA tested.

JohanV,

I agree with 99% of your post but when the birth certificate is only in Thai and the only translation that you get at the registration office is through the child's mother, it is impossible to know what is really being put on the birth certificate.

Also I believe that any man can have their name on the birth certificate but to be the accepted as the real father you have to be named on the document twice (or something along those lines), which most foreigners would not know about.

My name was on my boy's birth certificate but I was told that it did not count for squat.

Dear tonytigerbkk

That sounds really strange to me. Maybe your government has different rules than the Swedish.

This is how it was for me:

My son was born in a BKK hospital. I was present. I was asked of my name and whether I was the father of the child by a nurse as my wife was doozing away ( she had a C-section ). After he was born, round the same time my wife woke up the nurse reappeared with the birth certificate. My name was on it ( in Thai of course ).

Eventually it turned out that they had misspelled my last name so that my son and I had different spellings of the same family name on the same document. Not so good. We went ( this was about two weeks later ) back to the hospital to discuss this. They sent us to the government office in the amphoe of the hospital, and we got it changed there. Actually, they made a second certificate with added comments on the change - when and why it was done. We always have both copies bundled together now. They only work as a pair.

When William was one month old we stepped into the Swedish embassy, showed them William and the birth certificate - in Thai, untranslated. They filled in some papers and 30 days later he had his Swedish passport. There was no need top translate the birth certificate. "We can read Thai here" they said, smiling, when I asked.

We eventually went to a translation company recommended by the embassy and got an English translation done. They sent it to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get the translation certified ( a stamp ) and that was it.

I am since then considered the legal father to my son both in Thailand and elsewhere.

I recommend you ask your embassy for help. There should be no problem in getting a Thai birth certificate translated. All you need is the "stamp of correct translation" from the MoFA - which is handled automatically by any serious translation office. And, from a legal point of view, your name on the birth certificate is what makes you the kid's legal father. Nothing else is needed.

However, if you are not legally married in Thailand you will not be the kid's guardian until you get a court to approve shared guardianship as an unmarried Thai mother has sole guardianship by default. Being the kid's father should make it easy to get the court to approve the guardianship transfer.

PM me if you feel you wish to discuss this more in-depth. I'm absolutely sure you have been misinformed somewhere.

Cheers wai.gif

Edited by JohanV
  • Like 1

You saying about the ID or their Passports? Also, is your name listed as father on their birth certificates?

Thai ID Card they don t have Passports yet but Dual Citizenship yes my Name is on their Birth Certificates

But a Thai Passport would not help either he needs a German ID for the Child and for that he has to do the acknowledgement of paternity first but he can do that ONLY with the agreement of the Mother and then he can apply for a German Passport

Thai ID Card they don t have Passports yet but Dual Citizenship yes my Name is on their Birth Certificates

But a Thai Passport would not help either he needs a German ID for the Child and for that he has to do the acknowledgement of paternity first but he can do that ONLY with the agreement of the Mother and then he can apply for a German Passport

as a previous Poster said, it could be possible that the Name of him is spelled wrong on the Birth Certificate and this would be a big Problem to clear without the mother again (I had the same Problem my Family Name and Nationality was spelled wrong on one of my Sons Certificate)

if he cannot clear that issue at the Amphoe he cannot do the acknowledgement of paternity at the German Embassy and as a Result the child would not get the German Citizenship and obviously no Passport....

as a previous Poster said, it could be possible that the Name of him is spelled wrong on the Birth Certificate and this would be a big Problem to clear without the mother again (I had the same Problem my Family Name and Nationality was spelled wrong on one of my Sons Certificate)

if he cannot clear that issue at the Amphoe he cannot do the acknowledgement of paternity at the German Embassy and as a Result the child would not get the German Citizenship and obviously no Passport....

Can't understand this post.

The Amphur office are supposed to copy the names from the parents marriage certificate (if one is a foreigner) or ID cards (if both Thai). The registering person is then supposed to check the parents names are correct. So who didn't check the name?

The German in the OP wasn't married to the woman, so he isn't the father in Thailand.

Unless they either subsequently get married, or the mother and child confirm paternity at the Amphur office when the child is old enough to answer the question 'is this your father?'

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Well, if & when they go for Thai Passports, you'll have to sign the paperwork with your wife if your name is on their birth certificates and they are still minors.

Edited by Payboy
  • Like 1

I am since then considered the legal father to my son both in Thailand and elsewhere.

It's different for an unmarried woman.

As a married woman, you would be the father (in Thailand) even if a DNA test proved different.

This story is about an unmarried Thai woman and her child.

I was unmarried when our son was born.

We got married ( in Sweden ) when he was 3 years old.

And, all that was needed was my name on the birth certificate to make me the legal father.

Indeed.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression in the previous post that we were married at the time.

I was referring to her as "my wife" since that's what she is now. My bad. I should have been clearer.

Edited by JohanV
  • Like 1

For quite a lot less money than 10 million baht, there are crews around that could facilitate his son's safe passage to Germany. He would just need to be assured by the German authorities that they would give the young one permanant residency.

The seventh paragraph says the wife left leaving the son and birth certificate, if he has the birth certificate why does he need the signature of the runaway mother?

Sent from my GT-I9003

I am on my sons certificate, but in Thailand that is not enough. I had to go through the courts and have them officially recognise me as the biological father, my wife also had to give evidence. Just to get a one year visa extention