Honda Pcx 150 Logistics, Legalities And Cost To Ship To The Uk

TheShockMaster

Hello,

I'm currently living in Pattaya but I'm looking to ship a Honda PCX 150 scooter back to the UK in about 10 months time. Does anyone have any info on the logistics and costs involved in doing this? I'm not expecting the Scooter shipping to be a quick process but interested in finding out if anyone has done something like this before?

The PCX 150 is sold in the UK so I do not believe you will have any problems getting your UK plates etc. In the past I have shipped a car from England to Australia and it was a nightmare getting it registered, the authourities put every obsticle in the way that they could think of. I have also shipped a car from Australia to England and everything couldn't have been easier.

It could well be that the PCX in Thailand is different from the one sold in the UK. You better want to check that.

You also want to know about possible import duties.

As for shipping it, it is not really a problem, provided that the paperwork is in order.

sent from my Android phone

Is it right or left hand drive?biggrin.png

Ah yes, another post reminding me why some people should be permanently banned from the Internet, never mind the Thai Visa forums. Thanks for your input. I'm sure your internet bandwidth appreciated your waste of time.

It could well be that the PCX in Thailand is different from the one sold in the UK. You better want to check that.

You also want to know about possible import duties.

As for shipping it, it is not really a problem, provided that the paperwork is in order.

sent from my Android phone

Sounds like it's easier to keep the Scooter in Thailand and buy another when back in the UK.

Are you sure it is street legal in the UK ? Some single stroke bikes aren't but I am unsure of yours.

Never heard of a single stroke bike before ? What is it ? blink.png

Yeah, I know of 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines, but a single stroke engine must be a newish local invention :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App