News_Editor

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@MAGIC

You are wrong there mate. Thatcher was hated throughout the '80's in Scotland......from 1984 onwards she was reviled. Her and her government did nothing for the country while the South of England enjoyed a period of sustained wealth.

It was grim....not a happy memory for many of us.

The Poll Tax arrived when we already knew they were finished....that was merely the final nail in the coffin.

@MAGIC

You are wrong there mate. Thatcher was hated throughout the '80's in Scotland......from 1984 onwards she was reviled. Her and her government did nothing for the country while the South of England enjoyed a period of sustained wealth.

The Poll Tax arrived when we already knew they were finished....that was merely the final nail in the coffin.

Having been one of the many sufferers under her regime,she was equally hated in the South (hence she only ever got 44% of the votes),and Spawned the Greedy Evil Yuppy era,so there was no wealth for the ordinary working man,just wage cuts,abusive bosses,sackings to bring in cheap labour,under tyrant employers. But i'm sure you know already,the nature of the Thatcher Plague.

@MAGIC

Having been one of the many sufferers under her regime,she was equally hated in the South (hence she only ever got 44% of the votes),and Spawned the Greedy Evil Yuppy era,so there was no wealth for the ordinary working man,just wage cuts,abusive bosses,sackings to bring in cheap labour,under tyrant employers. But i'm sure you know already,the nature of the Thatcher Plague.

'Nuff said. wink.png

That comment is surreal. It shows you have no grasp of Scottish politics.

Look up the phrase 'Taking the p1$$.'

I see no point in posting the questions again so you can just ignore them again. If you are serious about answering them, they're not hard to find.

Cameron has no need to formally ask a question he, and everybody else, knows the answer to! Why can you not understand that! The EU president, for one, has made the answer perfectly clear.

Anyway, the wife is working late tonight and I've promised to cook her dinner, so must take my leave. I'm only saying that so I'm not accused of running away again.

I looked up the word "Pedantic" and it said..............."See 7x7".

( that's me taking the p*ss in a humorous and understandable way ). thumbsup.gif

David Cameron is has refused to accept the offer of a legal ruling by the EU because he knows the answer will be a resounding victory for the SNP position. To not ask is an act of political cowardice.

Herman Van Rompuy has not stated that Scotland will not get access to the EU. He has suggested that there will have to be negotiations and Treaties signed, and approval from the other EU countries. We knew that already, we also know that we will be granted membership.

I hope you have an enjoyable meal with your wife, wai.gif

ps. Don't be lazy, list those questions again eh?

Thanks for the kind words ( for those that sent me kind words biggrin.png )

@nontabury.......I know the older people are more likely to vote, my issue is with the amount of people who are not engaging with the democratic process, not voting at all. It's been an issue for years in the UK, we're now seeing shockingly low turnout. So I'll give you your point about the older being more liable to vote by percentage, while my point that too many people are not voting at all is equally valid.

@7x7.................I promised a post about the background to the Referendum, there are people reading the thread, including foreign nationals, that may not have an idea of what the background is.

As for not answering the difficult questions.........we don't have to answer the difficult questions just now. smile.png

A week is a long time in politics, two years is an eternity thumbsup.gif

The real campaign for Independence will kick off in Spring 2014, answers will cometh then Sir, answers will cometh then.

Answered like a true politician.

Not being much older than you, buy having studied the politics of the time Smokie, it's safe to say, and I think I will get unanimous agreement on this.

The British electorate were conned by the political class.

They thought they were agreeing to join a free trade area.........not a overbearing political Union that stripped the UK of sovereignty.

This is perfectly correct.,the prime minister of the time, Edward (pompose) Heath led the British people in a suicidal charge into Europe,this unfortunately was supported by the majority of the BRITISH,people who bothered to vote.We were all conned,possibly Heath even conned himself

.E.H was from Kent in the south of England, but I as a northerner(we are a less prosperous part of the UK) do not blame Londoners or the southerner's solely for that decision, or for much of the MIS-management of our country,the same as I do not solely blame the whole of the Scottish people, for the MIS-management by the likes of Blair and Brown,we where and are as a nation to blame.

If and when Scotland become separated politically from the rest of the UK,I do not believe that this will be disastrous for the majority of the people on both sides of the then border,in fact because we now live in a world village,most people,will see no difference in their status,financially or otherwise,the only exception may be the poorer people in both places,What may be different is that the English,Hopefully will no longer have to listen to how unfairly Scotland in treated by the English,while in Scotland itself you will see more bureaucrats taking advantage of their own self importance.

• Like 2

Not being much older than you, buy having studied the politics of the time Smokie, it's safe to say, and I think I will get unanimous agreement on this.

The British electorate were conned by the political class.

They thought they were agreeing to join a free trade area.........not a overbearing political Union that stripped the UK of sovereignty.

This is perfectly correct.,the prime minister of the time, Edward (pompose) Heath led the British people in a suicidal charge into Europe,this unfortunately was supported by the majority of the BRITISH,people who bothered to vote.We were all conned,possibly Heath even conned himself

.E.H was from Kent in the south of England, but I as a northerner(we are a less prosperous part of the UK) do not blame Londoners or the southerner's solely for that decision, or for much of the MIS-management of our country,the same as I do not solely blame the whole of the Scottish people, for the MIS-management by the likes of Blair and Brown,we where and are as a nation to blame.

If and when Scotland become separated politically from the rest of the UK,I do not believe that this will be disastrous for the majority of the people on both sides of the then border,in fact because we now live in a world village,most people,will see no difference in their status,financially or otherwise,the only exception may be the poorer people in both places,What may be different is that the English,Hopefully will no longer have to listen to how unfairly Scotland in treated by the English,while in Scotland itself you will see more bureaucrats taking advantage of their own self importance.

When the workers take to the streets in protest nontabury they can take packed lunches instead of booking expensive hotels. tongue.png

There's not much chance of the bureaucrats taking over nontabury.

The days of excess are well and truly over, my sister is a senior manager with NHS Human Resources and the NHS are seriously clamping down. They know they need the money for front line services. She was telling me that the Unions are actually totally onside now, even they can see that too many employee's have ripped the p*ss out of the NHS for too long.

I was talking to an employee of Glasgow City Council a couple of weeks ago and they said the same thing, enforcement of waste, fraud and abuse has soared, the days of "job for life" are disappearing. In fact the story that employee told me made me feel quite sorry for them, enforcement of regulations now seems to be super strict.

There was also a newspaper report the other week about 140 Glasgow Council workers being caught falsely claiming benefits. GCC cross referenced the information from their own employees and caught them out. Bizarrely some were claiming housing benefit on one house while stating to their pay department they lived in another house, nutters.

The SNP are pro-business, and it's well known that they have clamped down on spending by the councils. Value for money is coming to the fore again, it's a shame that it ever went away.

@nontabury.......I know the older people are more likely to vote, my issue is with the amount of people who are not engaging with the democratic process, not voting at all. It's been an issue for years in the UK, we're now seeing shockingly low turnout. So I'll give you your point about the older being more liable to vote by percentage, while my point that too many people are not voting at all is equally valid.

@7x7.................I promised a post about the background to the Referendum, there are people reading the thread, including foreign nationals, that may not have an idea of what the background is.

As for not answering the difficult questions.........we don't have to answer the difficult questions just now. smile.png

The real campaign for Independence will kick off in Spring 2014, answers will cometh then Sir, answers will cometh then.

Indeed!

"Waffle; misdirection; waffle; I said A and am now saying B, so am ignoring the fact that I originally said A; waffle; misdirection; waffle; not going to answer the difficult questions; waffle; ignore facts that prove me wrong; waffle; denigrate sources that disagree with me, except when that source does agree with me, in which case they're reliable; waffle; ridicule my opponents; waffle..........."

A political masterclass; appears to be saying a lot when in fact saying nothing.

Just like his hero Salmond.

Indeed!

"Waffle; misdirection; waffle; I said A and am now saying B, so am ignoring the fact that I originally said A; waffle; misdirection; waffle; not going to answer the difficult questions; waffle; ignore facts that prove me wrong; waffle; denigrate sources that disagree with me, except when that source does agree with me, in which case they're reliable; waffle; ridicule my opponents; waffle..........."

A political masterclass; appears to be saying a lot when in fact saying nothing.

Just like his hero Salmond.

Correct.........saying nothing is a skill you know.

Watching the opposition implode is a pleasure. The Labour Party are excellent at it and I dread to think the state the Coalition will be in 2014. smile.png

I have a hunch you agree that the coalition will be in a sorry mess in 2014, and I think even you would accept it's easier to fight against an unpopular government which is hacking itself to death than a highly organized popular government.

My hero, the political genius, Alex Salmond did it again, he got the Referendum when he wanted it.

That must really annoy you biggrin.png

• Like 1

Saying nothing may be a skill, but it is a skill your hero has yet to master.

A skilled politician talks a lot but says nothing; and very few notice.

The same is not true of Salmond; even that buffoon Andrew Neil was able to tie him up in knots!

His feeble excuse that Neil interrupted him simply doesn't wash; a skilled politician would have carried on regardless.

The turn-out in 1979 was not low - I think it was in excess of 70% (you can check where I posted the statistics several pages back; unfortunately the new rule was extremely onerous; it was foolish, in my view, to insist on such a rule for something relatively benign like devolution. it would be far more appropriate for a referendum on secession, which, unfortunately, we will probably find very difficult to reverse, when we regret it in the future.

SC

Saying nothing may be a skill, but it is a skill your hero has yet to master.

A skilled politician talks a lot but says nothing; and very few notice.

The same is not true of Salmond; even that buffoon Andrew Neil was able to tie him up in knots!

His feeble excuse that Neil interrupted him simply doesn't wash; a skilled politician would have carried on regardless.

How was your dinner last night?.......Any truth in the rumour that you finished it off with a nice slice of Humble Pie? smile.png

• Like 1

Edited by 7by7

You just can't handle the fact you've been outmanouvered by a political genius. smile.png

I'm sure that I am not alone in enjoying the irony of you quoting your own nonsense post as a response. cheesy.gif

Rats!! Beaten to the post by tb.

Edited by Rob8891

Yet again I have to visit this thread and remind you all that personal jibes and insults are off the menu. The next one will earn its poster a 3 day suspension of posting privileges no matter who they are. I don't do favourites - you're all at risk.

You just can't handle the fact you've been outmanouvered by a political genius. smile.png

And here is the Genius in action!

There's not much chance of the bureaucrats taking over nontabury.

The days of excess are well and truly over, my sister is a senior manager with NHS Human Resources and the NHS are seriously clamping down. They know they need the money for front line services. She was telling me that the Unions are actually totally onside now, even they can see that too many employee's have ripped the p*ss out of the NHS for too long.

I was talking to an employee of Glasgow City Council a couple of weeks ago and they said the same thing, enforcement of waste, fraud and abuse has soared, the days of "job for life" are disappearing. In fact the story that employee told me made me feel quite sorry for them, enforcement of regulations now seems to be super strict.

There was also a newspaper report the other week about 140 Glasgow Council workers being caught falsely claiming benefits. GCC cross referenced the information from their own employees and caught them out. Bizarrely some were claiming housing benefit on one house while stating to their pay department they lived in another house, nutters.

The SNP are pro-business, and it's well known that they have clamped down on spending by the councils. Value for money is coming to the fore again, it's a shame that it ever went away.

Smokescreens again,you know fine well I did not mean the EXISTING state workers.

@ MAJIC

Thanks for the link. Hilarious! I almost felt sorry for Andrew Neil. He must have felt so dizzy watching oor Wee Eck run rings round him.

It's not me you need to convince,That performance,by Salmond is unlikely to gather too many pre 2014 Yes votes.

@nontabury.......how was that a smokescreen?.....it was a fair attempt at answering your question.

@MAJIC.............fabulous avatar, make me feel proud to be British.

And good to see he has an Avatar now. Hopefully all other non avatar members will follow

Edited by BookMan

@nontabury.......how was that a smokescreen?.....it was a fair attempt at answering your question.

And good to see he has an Avatar now. Hopefully all other non avatar members will follow

Will try to find out how to post a Avatar,have been to busy replying to a load of BS

• Like 1

Will try to find out how to post a Avatar,have been to busy replying to a load of BS

I can PM you another view of my engine. giggle.gif ............................smile.png

Do you want me to tell you how to do it? The Scottish education system is fabulous you know. tongue.png

Click your name top right, click profile, top right again click edit profile, click add image, add an image from your photo file, then save.

Now remember no rude photos or anything liable to cause offence such as goals that never were in 1966. coffee1.gif

And open to personal interpretation,I hope.

Edited by MAJIC

Oh S***! I might have to take it off in 2014.