Trek 2100 Older Model

black fox

ive just bought a trek 2100 composite and i dont know how old it is, its in very good condition very dark red in colour carbon frame aluminium forks and made in usa ,im going to change the dropped handlebars to straight ones for my personal comfort, but i would like to get an idea of its age the guy at numchai bike shop in nacklua thinks it might be 15 yrs old but its only a guess so if anyone knows about these bikes i would be grateful for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry for the late reply, I don't check-in here very often these days.

The Trek 2100 model was my first road bike, bought in 1991 in Scotland. Not sure if they were made before then or how long after that they stopped making them. My one came equipped Shimano 105 groupset, forgotten what wheels and finishing kit it had.

I had a free replacement and upgrade from Trek in 1995, being one of the earlier models the bottle bosses on the downtube and seat tube were glued on, they came adrift and also the seat clamp split, when I took it back to Trek they gave me a 2300 model in return. I still use it today as a winter hack and turbo bike. So they certainly last well.

Hope it helps you some.

Regards