Whats a good atm to use with amex-i undstand there are some that dont charge for ferrang cards-whats the best bank to open an account with? I assume its bangkok bank-i it needs to be a widespread bank/atm as where we live in thailand is not touristy!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Citibank also does not charge ATM fees but only 2 locations in Bangkok.

If you do a search, there was a recent thread listing most local AEON atm's

Bangkok Bank has the fewest hassles of any bank I've dealt with here. There is a westerner who works for them that frequently answers questions on this forum. Very inconsistent branch to branch about requirements for farangs to open accounts.

The different bank branches, even though under the same bank name, are essentially different banks. You can open an account with your local Kasikorn bank and have free local ATM usage yet get charged ATM fees from the same bank name outside your local area.

Kasikorn banks are the easiest to open an account with. Most of their branches do not require that you have a work permit, as most other banks do.

American Express does not have banks, or issue ATM cards so I assume you are refering to getting cash with your Amex credit card. That is a very expensive thing to do. In fact it is one of the most expensive ways to get cash, with a minimum charge, and a percentage charge of I believe 5%, and no fee waiver for early payoff on top of the standard bt150 ATM fee in Thailand, except from Aeon ATM machines.

There are now 354 Aeon ATM machines throughout Thailand. Not all of them are listed here, but it is pretty up to date. Look for MaxValue mini marts. They all have an Aeon ATM machine inside. http://www.aeon.co.th/en/customerservices_servicelocation_atm_depositor.php