Thais Sense Of Humour ?

muay_thai

I was just pondering a case that my gf thought would be funny and I could not

understand the funny side of it.

In fact after a long consideration I thought I could see the funny side but not

from my perspective.

It went as follows, over xmas we applied for a tourist visa for her to visit the UK

she knew it was very important to me as I spent most the holiday preparing

and trying to push her down to the embassy !

Anyway eventually we got an interview for the day after I had to leave !

So I went home , then hard to phone her UK time approx 4am to check she

was going to the embassy and that she got the visa.

Now, she thought it was funny firstly to pretend to be angry and tell me she wasn't

going and then after she had got the visa to pretend she didn't get the visa.

She thought it better to wait a couple of weeks until my birthday and then tell me,

luckily I found out as I told her I'd phone the embassy myself.

I'm sure all you other guys see the funny side of this and possibly now I can

but at the time it was f**kn serious, just wondered if anyone had any

similar experiences ??? :o:D:D

Guest IT Manager

Thats a bit unfair gentleman. 13 from Issan is an excellent age for marriage according to a record I have here from 1934.

:o

Maybe she is just afraid and don't want to goand didn't know how to tell you. Perhaps she was afraid of the cold, perhaps she was afraid of meeting your folks. Only the both of you would know if you sit down and talk and tell her to speak frankly.

My only contribution here is that my wife's 'sense of humour' is the cause of almost every argument we have - used to be once or twice a day - now down to a couple of times a month.

But always she comes out with a perfectly serious statement that she knows will set me off, then after an hour of arguing, shouting, so on - it was all a joke. Been going on for years, and I still fall for it.

My only contribution here is that my wife's 'sense of humour' is the cause of almost every argument we have - used to be once or twice a day - now down to a couple of times a month.

But always she comes out with a perfectly serious statement that she knows will set me off, then after an hour of arguing, shouting, so on - it was all a joke. Been going on for years, and I still fall for it.

A classic windup huh :o

• 4 weeks later...
Thats a bit unfair gentleman. 13 from Issan is an excellent age for marriage according to a record I have here from 1934.

Lucky for me I am not superstitious IT....13 is a good age. Have you got stock on hand ? If stocked up, is a test drive permitted ? :D

It was legal until about 10 years ago........................

Lucky for me I am not superstitious IT....13 is a good age. Have you got stock on hand ? If stocked up, is a test drive permitted ? :D

It was legal until about 10 years ago........................

I'm always a bit too late :D

Well Mr, sounds like you are the serious one. She is just tryingto lighten you up a bit. You must be one of thos euptight gits who takes everything seriously. Chill out, get an enema, relax and dont htink too much !! :o That is Thai style !!

she is just having fun with you to lighten up. I used to do think like that to my boss all the time. until he knew I knew what I was doing and could relax. Take yoga. Praying uptight people is fun.

There was a guy how was managed a different team. He was uptight and never would cracked a smile. Sometimes when I was in a mood, I would tell people I was going to make him flip out.

It was the best part of the meeting, people would even take bets sometimes.

Now the trick is to play it back at them. When they say something that comes from no place. Just b4 you blow a gasket say "thats nice dear. Go have a beer then talk about it and be ultra supportive.

she might say you are no fun.....

Hee hee hee

Last week, my Thai staff were talking about new Bar closing time and just asked me what do I think about it?

I said it is good. :D

They asked why? and I said..

Well..then Thai Wifes will get the chance to spend some time with their husbands, and to make the next day productive by giving them some good sleep.. :D

No one took that as a joke. They were very serious and asked me, what makes me to say like that..

I just brush it up by saying..that I read it in a Paper.. :o

My husband likes to go out ocean fishing all day and the big joke everyone thought was funny was to tell me he was visiting his girlfriend in another village. When I asked where he got the fish from then, they would say he bought them. Everyone thought it was a good laugh. So, next time I heard this (and it was constant) I said, "Is she rich? She can come support me. " They all just looked at me with looks on their faces like, HUH!? I soon figured it out, if he really had a girlfriend they wouldn't say a thing, but because he didn't it was a good joke.

Sad thing was, a girl I knew with a Thai boyfriend believed it and left because she thought he was cheating on her.

Thai people do like slapstick humor but this is more just winding someone up to see them react. They do it to each other as well.

My husband likes to go out ocean fishing all day and the big joke everyone thought was funny was to tell me he was visiting his girlfriend in another village. When I asked where he got the fish from then, they would say he bought them. Everyone thought it was a good laugh. So, next time I heard this (and it was constant) I said, "Is she rich? She can come support me. " They all just looked at me with looks on their faces like, HUH!? I soon figured it out, if he really had a girlfriend they wouldn't say a thing, but because he didn't it was a good joke.

Sad thing was, a girl I knew with a Thai boyfriend believed it and left because she thought he was cheating on her.

Thai people do like slapstick humor but this is more just winding someone up to see them react. They do it to each other as well.

:D Bai har mia noi na ? :o They do so love a little tease sbk. IA farang friend married to a Thai lady is often told by her, bai har mia noi dai.... mai mee satang. Go see the gf by all means but you can't take money with you. That sorts most of them out. No money no honey....Universal thing :D

Well I fell for a joke the other day. Call me gullilbe but I was in a rush. We have many chickens and get many eggs from them (fortunately no bird flu) anyway, I've never kept chickens before so I wouldnt know, but my Thai boyfriend showed me an egg the other day and it was gold!!!! I believed him and for 2 days was telling everyone that we had a golden egg from one of our chickens and then 2 days later I looked at the egg a bit more closely and found out that it was wooden and he had painted it!!!! It was funny, but how silly do I feel. :o

Really? After looking all the things above, I feel a little bit ..... Is that why my Thai GF felt nothing about my jokes? I'm new here, can somebody give me some advises? I am really want to make her laugh........ By the way, do Thai people always have very strong personilitiy? I always want to be a gentlemen to take care of her in everything, is that the right way to Thai girls?