Huge Drug Haul Up North; Several Held: Thailand

webfact

That looks to be an incredibly big haul, so as I posted recently, get to the manufacturers and these guys would have to be closer to that connection than the street guys with a pocketful to sell. Stop the manufacturers (dead) in their tracks, and it will go a long way to solving the problem. These guys also will face a death penalty I would think, can hardly claim personal use. Sooner the better in my opinion.

What you are saying sounds good on the surface but thay have been burning cocoa fields in Columbia for years, has the supply of cocaine stopped? f----- no. The war on drugs is a loseing cause with more people dead from it than those actually dieing from the use of drugs..

Understand of course. But by all means tighten it up - I mean 300,000 army and 200,000 reserves, surely policing known transport spots on borders is a good start. GIve the greens something to do. But if it takes a covert incursion into Burma, why not?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop the manufacturers (dead) in their tracks, and it will go a long way to solving the problem.

Yes let's invade Burma which cranks out an estimated billion tablets a year. And that's just for the Thai market.

yawn... saai.gif can't see any reason why not. ohmy.png

I may be a bit old fashioned, but just to respond to thos that maynadvocate decriminalising these, what i would call hard drugs, whilst sounds trend setting on the surface, introduces a whole new range of problems creating additional,infrastructure and regulation.

Transport and medical industry comes immediately to mind. I for one like to be comforted in the fact that that the guy at the sharp end of the aluminium tube carting me around at 35k feet, or carving me up, is on top of his game.

Yes I know that some will say but what about booze. There are stringent regulations in aviation, an industry i know, and would guess other industries have checks and balances, for this but, in my view:

Alcohol is not addictive,

Smoking is addictive, but not mind altering,

Happy to be corrected but some of these drugs are both addictive, mind altering, and I guess expensive.

Decriminalising would introduce many costs and additional infrastructure.

How does that get managed?

• Like 1

Chalerm Yoobamrung[/color]' timestamp='1350709204' post='5768728']

up to 500 million amphetamine tablets were waiting to be smuggled into Thailand, but a team of police officers and soldiers were preparing to intercept the shipment.

That's 7.1 tables per Thai, considering the percentage of users in Thailand is proabably 10% of the population, or less, that's 71 tables per user. How many pills does a speed addict use a day, 3,4,5,10?

Nope, never going to solve this problem by keeping drugs illegal. The problem isn't the drug users behavior on the drugs, marginally maybe, the problem is they need to pay high prices for the drugs and find a source. So I need 1000 bhat a day for my habit, but I only make 600 a day, so I have to steal and rob to get the extra money. That is were the users become dangerous. Legalize drugs, tax them heavily and punish the behavior not the drug use. You're cranked up on speed and you are caught fighting, 2 years in jail. Oh, we caught you fighting again, 7 years, again? 10 years. Er ah maybe I should stop fighting.

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Edited by vijer

A bust like this means jack shit overall; Just pick and visit any Northern Mu Baan and you will find at least one residence far superior to any others. Locals explanation to their wealth; a drug dealer with special religious powers - the police cannot touch him. Graft - what graft?

Governments around the world need to acknowledge that "illegal" drugs are here to stay. The worst drug, with regard to its effect on society, is alcohol, yet it's legal. Tax and control illegal drugs, taking away the power of organised crime, and there can be no doubt that society would benefit.

The governments around the world that are supported by the Giant Alcohol and Tobacco companies that make huge contributions to political parties would never allow illegal drugs to become legal.

Who would want to get drunk when they could get stoned instead ?

So the 2 drugs that are responsible for millions of deaths per year remain legal, it's all about money, governments don't give a toss how many die, they just look at the bottom line.

If I manufactured a drug that killed millions of people every year, what would people think of me, yet Alcohol and Tobacco do just that but it's legal, therefore accepted.

Take Singapore for example, I can go to Singapore and buy 2 million cigarettes, a million bottles of Whiskey, drink and smoke myself to death, yet get caught with 500 grammes of a plant, cannabis, I will get hung.

If i smoke a joint I would not be buying the government taxed Alcohol, so they will kill me.

It's all about money.

Alcohol and Tobacco companies are just so powerful, governments can't afford to make their products illegal, even though they are responsible for millions of deaths each year.

You forgot about the big drug and pharma companies. All these monopolies with Govt.support and a rotation of new customers who replace those who get killed by their products.
  • Like 1

"Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, fourth from left, sitting there, and National Police commissioner Pol General Adul Saengsingkaew, third left, announce the seizure of illicit drugs and the arrests of many drug suspects at a press conference."

The guy sitting there really looks like a criminal to me.-----sad.png

"The circle of life - someone gets busted and their competitors have more customers and income for a while."

The circle of life - nobody gets busted and their competitors have less customers and income for a while."------wai2.gif

Great balls of fire!

The thai's are going to be very calm and peaceful for a little while.

No more big headed prik behavior which comes with the use of ice.

Hope they get rid of the source ,

the "cook" .

The packages look suspiciously chinees style.

Thay even have a stamp on them.

Show the kids at the age of 14 ,what its like for an adictict to over dose on speed.

It may help a few from going down this path of self distruction.

A day in day out adict lives about 10years on meth,and then he's fisicly finished.

and then thay need the help of all those they were such a prick too for so long.

I was addicted to this drug for many years. I first did speed in the late 70's. I finally figured out that my life was not as good as I thought it was after 4 prison sentances and a lot of drug programing while in prison so I got off and have stayed off. I last used the day of my last arrest in a drug lab in 1999 august 28th to be exact. I have come a long way and yes I had help from my family and friends to get to where I am today. I have a 6 figure a year job and a happy marrige to a wonderful Thai woman. She does not want to know about my past as she says what is going on now is what matters most. I tend to agree. I think I may be one of the lucky ones as my brother and a few friends did not come out this end of the tunnel we were in. You can't see it when you are in there but life has spirilled out of control. You believe that the crazy way you are living is normal. I can look back now and see how stupid I was but you sure couldn't tell me that then. Bottoms are different for everyone some people can hit theirs pretty fast. Mine was a long way down. Started in the late 70's and ended in 2003 when I was released from prison in Arizona. I am glad people were there to help me along the way as I would not be where I am today without help. I thank God every day for the chance to start over that I was given. I thank God for letting my Father see that he did raise me right before he passed in 2009. I thank God for letting me meet the woman who is my wife now. I am truely lucky to have all that I have now. If addicts do not get educated about why we do what we do they will be stuck forever in this. It is not good.

Edited by djvolak

Stop the manufacturers (dead) in their tracks, and it will go a long way to solving the problem.

Yes let's invade Burma which cranks out an estimated billion tablets a year. And that's just for the Thai market.

Hmmm...you sound like the US and Israeli gvts.

yawn... saai.gif can't see any reason why not. ohmy.png

To be honest i'm a bit surprised that you haven't blamed the Prime Minister or her brother, that is your usual contribution to this forum! If it is raining tomorrow it's down to them, right?

What's worrying is this might still be the decoy load of look-a-likes or bad weak batches,

while twice this amount goes another route in small loads.

Certainly sending sending 20 guys with small loads right after this 'big haul',

might mean the BiB are too busy gloating to be looking still.

Having to quickly change the methodology carries new risk.......more mistakes are made......the haul is good, good for Thailand, and if the BIB getting a little deserved publicity sticks in the crop of a few Tvisa posters I doubt they will be too disappointed with their result.....

As usual you take everything said as other than what it means.

If for a moment you imagine for a moment I am disappointed that anything is taken off the street

versus that ALSO being a large appearing diversion, well there are no words to describe that.

Maybe just ridiculously partisan.

Edited by animatic

What's worrying is this might still be the decoy load of look-a-likes or bad weak batches,

while twice this amount goes another route in small loads.

Certainly sending sending 20 guys with small loads right after this 'big haul',

might mean the BiB are too busy gloating to be looking still.

Having to quickly change the methodology carries new risk.......more mistakes are made......the haul is good, good for Thailand, and if the BIB getting a little deserved publicity sticks in the crop of a few Tvisa posters I doubt they will be too disappointed with their result.....

As usual you take everything said as other than what it means.

If for a moment you imagine for a moment I am disappointed that anything is taken off the street

versus that ALSO being a large appearing diversion, well there are no words to describe that.

Maybe just ridiculously partisan.

I think you need to keep your posts quite simple and not too complicated for certain people to understand.

Holy crap! Good on them for hauling that lot in, I am impressed for once. Now......can anybody tell me how they are going to 'dispose' of it??

They will burn it in a open air fire in a field somewhere close to bangkok so that more people can get hooked from the fumes.

I have seen these same yellow packages for the second time now in another massive haul.whistling.gif

Maybe they use this stuff over and over for the photo shoot?

Great balls of fire!

The thai's are going to be very calm and peaceful for a little while.

No more big headed prik behavior which comes with the use of ice.

Hope they get rid of the source ,

the "cook" .

The packages look suspiciously chinees style.

Thay even have a stamp on them.

Show the kids at the age of 14 ,what its like for an adictict to over dose on speed.

It may help a few from going down this path of self distruction.

A day in day out adict lives about 10years on meth,and then he's fisicly finished.

and then thay need the help of all those they were such a prick too for so long.

I was addicted to this drug for many years. I first did speed in the late 70's. I finally figured out that my life was not as good as I thought it was after 4 prison sentances and a lot of drug programing while in prison so I got off and have stayed off. I last used the day of my last arrest in a drug lab in 1999 august 28th to be exact. I have come a long way and yes I had help from my family and friends to get to where I am today. I have a 6 figure a year job and a happy marrige to a wonderful Thai woman. She does not want to know about my past as she says what is going on now is what matters most. I tend to agree. I think I may be one of the lucky ones as my brother and a few friends did not come out this end of the tunnel we were in. You can't see it when you are in there but life has spirilled out of control. You believe that the crazy way you are living is normal. I can look back now and see how stupid I was but you sure couldn't tell me that then. Bottoms are different for everyone some people can hit theirs pretty fast. Mine was a long way down. Started in the late 70's and ended in 2003 when I was released from prison in Arizona. I am glad people were there to help me along the way as I would not be where I am today without help. I thank God every day for the chance to start over that I was given. I thank God for letting my Father see that he did raise me right before he passed in 2009. I thank God for letting me meet the woman who is my wife now. I am truely lucky to have all that I have now. If addicts do not get educated about why we do what we do they will be stuck forever in this. It is not good.

Goood on ya mate! I think that is a pretty good description of the path of drugs.

As an aside, what would your views be on legalising drugs; hard-core like meth as in these busts not the recreational drugs? Maybe you could educate some of the legalisation lobby as to the advantages of doing this for high addiction gear.

Edited by chrisinth

Australia is looking at legalising cannabis and ecstacy, administered by the Government. A more sensible idea, because cannabis and ecstacy have medical benefits and then the quality and purity are not a health issue to the community. People use drugs because they want to feel good or pain-free and always will. Eventually Governments will work out, that only legalisation and state control will fix the health and crime problem wink.png

You are slightly wrong there. A number of petitions have been put forward by drug addicts to have drugs legalised in Australia. Australia has no plans to legalise drugs but it has looked at the option at decriminalising the use of cannabis. First time offenders (use/posses cannabis) will not be charged with a criminal offence but may receive an infringment notice (fine) 2nd and subsequent offenders may be charged with a summary offence and court appearance but not an indictable offence as it is at present. Offenders cultivating and trafficking will still face criminal prosecution.

Recently, like 2 months ago, a new body call Australia21 - www.australia21.org.au ARE TRYING now to make the Government Legally sell Cannabis & Ecstacy to people who register on a Government list via a doctor. I am right. Look at the 2 reports, downloadable in PDF format on the website. Peace.

Australia is looking at legalising cannabis and ecstacy, administered by the Government. A more sensible idea, because cannabis and ecstacy have medical benefits and then the quality and purity are not a health issue to the community. People use drugs because they want to feel good or pain-free and always will. Eventually Governments will work out, that only legalisation and state control will fix the health and crime problem wink.png

You are slightly wrong there. A number of petitions have been put forward by drug addicts to have drugs legalised in Australia. Australia has no plans to legalise drugs but it has looked at the option at decriminalising the use of cannabis. First time offenders (use/posses cannabis) will not be charged with a criminal offence but may receive an infringment notice (fine) 2nd and subsequent offenders may be charged with a summary offence and court appearance but not an indictable offence as it is at present. Offenders cultivating and trafficking will still face criminal prosecution.

Australia21 are all ex-senior Government officials and may well have a lot of sway in Government policy. Ex-Army Chief of Defence, Ex-State Premiers, Ex-Federal Police Chief - check out the board: professors, doctors - all of them trying to create a new system of cannabis and ecstacy delivery to people with medical conditions.

You are correct in what you say - that is how it is at the moment, with Australia21 trying to force change. A woman in North Queensland had 200 cannabis plants growing in her yard, to give to people in pain, the judge fined her $400 !! Love it.

Australia21 are all ex-senior Government officials and may well have a lot of sway in Government policy. Ex-Army Chief of Defence, Ex-State Premiers, Ex-Federal Police Chief - check out the board: professors, doctors - all of them trying to create a new system of cannabis and ecstacy delivery to people with medical conditions.

Australia21 would need Federal political will and State & Territory agreement to implement their recommendations. Can just about guarantee if the Liberals get into power in 2013 is not going to happen. Even if Labor gets re-elected I strongly doubt they would support the de-criminlisation of ecstasy due to the previously strong reaction from the general public to some deaths in Australia from ecstasy use.