Chalerm To Discuss Anti-Govt Rally Planned For Sunday

webfact

Chalerm to discuss anti-govt rally planned for Sunday

Atapoom Ongkulna,

Prapasri Osathanon,

Panya Thiosangwan,

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung will meet General Boonlert Kaewprasit, chairman of the Pitak Siam (Protecting Siam) group, to try to thwart plans for an anti-government rally scheduled for Sunday.

Chalerm will discuss the rally with Boonlert and deputy national police chief General Voraphong Chiewpricha tomorrow.

Playing down fears of a massive anti-government rally, Chalerm said the protest - meant to be held at the Royal Race Track - will only be a symbolic gathering with no aim to create disturbances.

"I will buy two roast ducks for him and will answer any questions he may have," Chalerm said of the upcoming meeting with Boonlert. "As for the demonstration on Sunday, we cannot stop it because it is their right. But we will ensure that it is orderly."

When asked if there was any attempt to destabilise the government, Chalerm said the administration needed some shaking up in order to be alert because politics was a "serious" matter.

Meanwhile, First Army Region Commander Lt-General Paibul Khumchaya played down the red-shirt rally scheduled for Saturday, saying he did not expect untoward incidents during the demonstration and that police should be able to keep peace and order. He said that if things get out of hand, police could ask Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha to send in soldiers and that the First Army Area was always ready to help police.

Paibul said he did not expect any violence when Boonlert's group is planning to protest. Boonlert's group and its allies will gather on Sunday on the theme "joining forces to stop national crisis and disaster".

"Though rallies will be held by supporters and opponents of the government, I don't think there will be any untoward incidents," the First Army Region commander said.

Meanwhile, Chalerm discounted criticism from opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva that reconciliation forums to be held by the Interior Ministry were nothing more than political rallies. Chalerm responded by saying the ruling-Pheu Thai Party did not need to do that because it would beat the Democrat Party by a landslide in the next elections.

The first such forum will be held in Nakhon Ratchasima on Sunday.

As for allegations of corruption in the government rice-pledging scheme, Chalerm said no irregularities had been found in 470 of 800 warehouses scrutinised so far.

In a related development, Democrat MP Thepthai Senapong said the planned reconciliation forums were biased, adding that Democrats should be allowed to be co-moderators. He said academics like Thirayuth Boonmee and Seksan Prasertkul should also be involved as well as senators like Kamnoon Sitthisamarn, because they had experienced politically tumultuous times in the 1970s.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-23

When asked if there was any attempt to destabilise the government, Chalerm said the administration needed some shaking up in order to be alert because politics was a "serious" matter.

Odd comment to make from such a powerful member of this current maladministration or is it one asks.

Chalerm is like a cornered animal fighting for its life, indeed there could be interesting times ahead concerning political activities as this upcoming weekend may well show it be the pilot show for future political activities, let us see how Red style democracy operates under the unique and bizarre style of Chalerm.

Chalerms power base is in danger of being eroded, without a doubt Chalerm is worried abut the latest member of the Shinawatra clan and the ease at which he was accepted into the party and of course his level of influence with the puppet master,

Family business is a much more profitable concern if non family are ecluded from the decision making and of course the dividend payments on the shareholding too.,

Now the time is coming for Chalerm to act, can he, will he make a bid for outright power? Somehow i think no, he doesn't have the backing of the majority of the P.T.P. members in parliament to succeed in a putsch.

Might he defect to another party, don't think so no one trusts Chalerm ,

Chalerm looks in the mirror and he himself is concerned about the loyalty and the future politically, financially and possibly longevity too of the image that looks back at him.

Becoming a loose cannon is probably his only alternative however his member list M.P. status would of course be his Achilles heel in that area of operation.,

Edited by siampolee

"I will buy two roast ducks for him and will answer any questions he may have," Chalerm said of the upcoming meeting with Boonlert. "As for the demonstration on Sunday, we cannot stop it because it is their right. But we will ensure that it is orderly.

Well that will do it, sort things out a treat, sling a couple of ducks on the meeting table, I guess he is hoping that he (Boonlert) will be too busy smashing the ducks down his throat to actually ask any questions.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"But we will ensure that it is orderly"

Doesn't DPM Super-Chalerm claim to know the head of the the non-existent Black-Shirts ? Seems simple then, to maintain 'order'.

"Chalerm said no irregularities had been found in 470 of 800 warehouses scrutinised so far."

So there were irregularities, in 330 out of 800, I'd suspect a translation-error here ? rolleyes.gif

Or perhaps the 470 warehouses had been scrutinised, and it had been found, that the buildings themselves do actually exist ? laugh.png

• Like 2

The red-shirt protest on Saturday 27th is not a protest but a rally to commemorate two important events which happened one year ago. For one k. Thaksin got his shiny new passport and secondly it was the hightide of a flooding well done with Bangkok elites almost washed away

• Like 1

"About 1,000 tonnes of pledged rice stored at Thanya Rungruangchai rice mill in Muang district could not be located when the Public Warehouse Organisation did an inspection in June."

He must have missed that one.

That's okay, 1,000 tonnes is easy to overlook. It will pop up sooner or later, Mai Pen Rai...

I think that the Pheu Thai and The Red Shirts can only gain true credibility if they can really get rid of the ammart groups and also the thai chinese hisos that the Democrats have been supporting.

Wouldn't that leave Pheu Thai and the other coalition-parties leaderless ?

• Like 2

Doesn't DPM Super-Chalerm claim to know the head of the the non-existent Black-Shirts ? Seems simple then, to maintain 'order'.

"Chalerm said no irregularities had been found in 470 of 800 warehouses scrutinised so far."

So there were irregularities, in 330 out of 800, I'd suspect a translation-error here ? rolleyes.gif

Or perhaps the 470 warehouses had been scrutinised, and it had been found, that the buildings themselves do actually exist ? laugh.png

It's all just a show folks to take the attention of Thaksin. The one making billions out of this scam is Thaksin. He is making deals with foreign governments. Conveniently, the PT government cannot reveal figures on those deals because it is government to government and therefore "sensitive" according to PT. jerk.gif

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

It's all just a show folks to take the attention of Thaksin. The one making billions out of this scam is Thaksin. He is making deals with foreign governments. Conveniently, the PT government cannot reveal figures on those deals because it is government to government and therefore "sensitive" according to PT. jerk.gif

They don't want too much pressure put on the smokescreen, it may blow away.

Sent from my GT-I9003

I real hope the Dem rallies go ahead because this government needs a solid boot up the arse, it needs to take its rose coloured glasses off and understand that an increasing number of people are getting increasingly disillusioned with the direction the country is taking and the manner in which it is being ruled.

The dems rarely listened to the people and now PTP only listens to the reds, who have a disproportional large voice when i comes to the number of actual followers they have.

I think that the Pheu Thai and The Red Shirts can only gain true credibility if they can really get rid of the ammart groups and also the thai chinese hisos that the Democrats have been supporting.

And how do you propose they do that - stand them up against a wall and shoot them. This is a democracy (or supposed to be) the ammart and thai chinese hiso have a right to support whomever they wish, just like the farmers, poor ordinary workers have a right to vote PTP or whomever they care to support or vote for.

PTP support the poor

Dems support the rich

Thats a two party democratic system for you

Really Javin pull you head from that place where the sun don't shine!

• Like 2

The Democrats haven't been supporting Thaksin. And why would the the PTP / red shirts want to get rid of him?

• Like 2

all part of the reconciliation process.

Did I miss some thing what reconciliation process?

I have yet to see one step toward reconciliation. I have heard a lot of talk about it and seen the current Government claiming that a amnesty and reversal of existing verdicts on Thaksin is what is needed. But no effort to reach out to the opposition. Now they are going to have forums around the country with only PT and their sympathizers allowed to take part.

As I said there is just the word . There is no process..

• Like 2

all part of the reconciliation process.

Did I miss some thing what reconciliation process?

I have yet to see one step toward reconciliation. I have heard a lot of talk about it and seen the current Government claiming that a amnesty and reversal of existing verdicts on Thaksin is what is needed. But no effort to reach out to the opposition. Now they are going to have forums around the country with only PT and their sympathizers allowed to take part.

As I said there is just the word . There is no process..

you missed my sarcasm, and agreed.
  • Like 1

It is interesting that the forum red cheerleaders are ready to play the race card and play their politics to the extreme right.

And still think they stand on the left.

The oddest thing though is that when one points out that Thaksin and his family also come from Thai Chinese stock, they go all silent.

And then seemingly blank it from their minds in order to repeat the anti-Chinese slurs a few months later.

As will happen right now.

• Like 1

It is interesting that the forum red cheerleaders are ready to play the race card and play their politics to the extreme right.

And still think they stand on the left.

The oddest thing though is that when one points out that Thaksin and his family also come from Thai Chinese stock, they go all silent.

And then seemingly blank it from their minds in order to repeat the anti-Chinese slurs a few months later.

As will happen right now.

I personally don't care what nationality Thaksin and his Mafia or Tong family are. The point is that Thailand would do much better with out them.

Odd comment to make from such a powerful member of this current maladministration or is it one asks.

Chalerm is like a cornered animal fighting for its life, indeed there could be interesting times ahead concerning political activities as this upcoming weekend may well show it be the pilot show for future political activities, let us see how Red style democracy operates under the unique and bizarre style of Chalerm.

Chalerms power base is in danger of being eroded, without a doubt Chalerm is worried abut the latest member of the Shinawatra clan and the ease at which he was accepted into the party and of course his level of influence with the puppet master,

Family business is a much more profitable concern if non family are ecluded from the decision making and of course the dividend payments on the shareholding too.,

Now the time is coming for Chalerm to act, can he, will he make a bid for outright power? Somehow i think no, he doesn't have the backing of the majority of the P.T.P. members in parliament to succeed in a putsch.

Might he defect to another party, don't think so no one trusts Chalerm ,

Chalerm looks in the mirror and he himself is concerned about the loyalty and the future politically, financially and possibly longevity too of the image that looks back at him.

Becoming a loose cannon is probably his only alternative however his member list M.P. status would of course be his Achilles heel in that area of operation.,

I bet he is out of "ear medicine........againcheesy.gif