Has Anyone Actually Imported A Motorcycle To Los?

NeverSure

Please forgive, but I'd really like to know. I keep reading unspecific reference to customs rip offs etc., but I'd really like to know.

I also note that bikes are really expensive in LOS and you don't know a thing about them. Here's the type of thing which keeps me wondering. This bike has been for sale for a long time with no takers. It isn't mine, it's just an example of the difference between what a bike is worth here and in LOS. I have one just about like this and I'd be willing to take a pretty good hit importing rather than to give it away here in this economy.

LINK Now, those who know bikes will see that this one is loaded with extras, both functional and bling. Note he says he has a windshield and the saddle bags. I see the brackets. Those and other things I see are very expensive options. This is the top of the line bike in the Dyna lineup. I think if I took my trailer and $US6500 cash, I'd be towing it home.

post-164212-0-82811700-1351080867_thumb.

Please tell me. What's the risk? How bad can it be? Does anyone actually know?

Thanks

What i can tell is that my friend has a, i think it was a Victory, bike in US,

and phoned them and asked if they could ship another one here ? and what it would cost ?

The answer was that it would cost quite precisely twice as much for him to get that bike here

What i can tell is that my friend has a, i think it was a Victory, bike in US,

and phoned them and asked if they could ship another one here ? and what it would cost ?

The answer was that it would cost quite precisely twice as much for him to get that bike here

Thank you. I'm not quite sure still how that works.

IF I shipped a Harley, and had a real receipt for it for $6500, and they charged me that much again, I think I'd be fine with it. First, I know the bike - no gamble there. Second, if I understand right, the bike should be worth $15k (500k bht) in LOS.

How far off am I?

(Maybe this should be in the thread about things which cost less in your home country, LOL.) smile.png

Edit: When a guy in the US "brags" and says he has a Harley or two, it's no big deal. I can buy those things all day long for $7500 or less. Full coverage insurance is $250 per year and license and title is $40 a year. No VAT. It is what it is.

Edited by NeverSure

The first problem you will have with trying to import this motorcycle into Thailand is that it's a secondhand. Since a few months the Thai government doesn't allow the import of secondhand/used motorcycles into the country.

This is Thailand and some people still find ways to get secondhand motorcycles into the country, but that is done by people who know everything needed to know about importing stuff into Thailand. As a private person I would advice you to not do it, it's very likely you not get the bike into the country.

The first problem you will have with trying to import this motorcycle into Thailand is that it's a secondhand. Since a few months the Thai government doesn't allow the import of secondhand/used motorcycles into the country.

This is Thailand and some people still find ways to get secondhand motorcycles into the country, but that is done by people who know everything needed to know about importing stuff into Thailand. As a private person I would advice you to not do it, it's very likely you not get the bike into the country.

Thank you. I'll take your advice. It's a shame.