Bangkok Street Racers Nabbed

webfact

Having suffered sleepless nights from the row these little tossers made/make at 4 am when we lived in Nonthaburi (before the local rozzers here began finally nabbing them) I applaud the police.

Now they are a rarity where once they were an almost nightly plague, sadly however we learned that it took the deaths of two old ladies who were hit while crossing a road with their food cart for the coppers to finally act.

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same the world over. A lot to do with parental control. But if there were areas where kids could safely take this passion complete with protective gear and supervision, it may help solve the issue. In my misspent youth and after losing my license a few times, I took my passion to the race track and had quite a few years of fun. It was far safer although the scars may tell otherwise and when one finally figures out pain hurts, they stop doing it or move to it as a profession. Just a thought.

It was the same in my youth, although it wasn't motorbikes, it was hot rod cars. After being arrested a couple of times for speeding, public endangerment, etc. plus of course a couple of nasty butt wallopings from my dad, I moved my hobby to the local drag strip and stock car track. It was just as much fun and a whole lot safer, not even counting, legal.

When I lived on Sathorn Road in the early nineties, the same kind of useless little f*&Kers used to race up and down Sathorn at 3AM on weekends, endangering themselves, others, and creating an unbelievable racket. The police never did anything about it.

So, we are now into at least the second generation. They shouldn't be allowed to breed, let alone drive.

• Like 1

. .......Police said the motorbike tried to run the checkpoint at high speed with its headlights switched off.

wow

, there was light on the motobike? The kiddi-racers in Phuket does not need any lights, they know they can do whatever they want here without getting caught by the bib, which are to busy checking Farangs on helments ..... just yesterday evening one of this little wanke_rs took my wife over about 10cm away from her with about 80kmh... its absolutely normal here...Police on the streets after dark? forget it

My question must be, why did you not prevent the assassin (he was that!) from proceeding on his lethal ride? If he were that close, itwould not have been difficult. Or maybe your wife was alone, you were not there?

All of those arrested were first-time offenders. They will face the criminal charge of reckless motorbike-riding disturbing others, he said, adding that their parents might also be subject to charges of violating the Child Protection Act, which attracts a three-month jail term and/or a Bt30,000 fine.

probably a lot more time in the big house than Mr Red Bull will get

Why can't the police go and round up the underage motor bike riders all over the Thailand suburbs who are obviously given the keys by their parents and confiscate their bikes and prosecute the parents?

Good post. My thoughts every day.

Must admit, l was doing it still in my late 50's, in a V8 ride though. laugh.png

TA were you on a V8 twowheeler?

those street racers were harmless, they were not a gang and, most probably, they did not cause much disturbance to the residents and street traffic. Sending a police patrol to warn them to stop, check on alcohol and drugs, and do not come back would do the trick.

youngsters used to race close to my home every friday night, now they moved to the street, where are no houses, so nobody can complain to cops.

putting this story with a story about an injured cop hit by a motorbike is not appropriate, as those 2 stories are not related

Eh?! What are you talking about? Harmless? Are you new in town? They are certainly dangerous to other motorbike riders - I've been caught in the middle of one of their little races. Some of the hardcore racing gangs spice it up by racing with their lights off - against oncoming traffic. Not dangerous?

They aren't just a bunch of cheeky young fellows who ran into each other and decided to give their bikes a stretch. Any group of 20 youngsters organised enough to gather like that to commit illegal acts IS a gang. Whether they are a violent gang or not is another issue. How would you define "Gang"?

Racers have been warned endlessly by police for the last couple of decades and they keep coming back.

• Like 1

those street racers were harmless, they were not a gang and, most probably, they did not cause much disturbance to the residents and street traffic. Sending a police patrol to warn them to stop, check on alcohol and drugs, and do not come back would do the trick.

youngsters used to race close to my home every friday night, now they moved to the street, where are no houses, so nobody can complain to cops.

putting this story with a story about an injured cop hit by a motorbike is not appropriate, as those 2 stories are not related

Eh?! What are you talking about? Harmless? Are you new in town? They are certainly dangerous to other motorbike riders - I've been caught in the middle of one of their little races. Some of the hardcore racing gangs spice it up by racing with their lights off - against oncoming traffic. Not dangerous?

They aren't just a bunch of cheeky young fellows who ran into each other and decided to give their bikes a stretch. Any group of 20 youngsters organised enough to gather like that to commit illegal acts IS a gang. Whether they are a violent gang or not is another issue. How would you define "Gang"?

Racers have been warned endlessly by police for the last couple of decades and they keep coming back.

Sorry, sad.png but l was the same when l had grand children. sad.png

some of the last post proved what I always say about Farang in Thailand - Big children which doesnt like to grow up and behave like adults....A 40 year younger girl does not make u the same age Grandpa...

Correct, thats why l still lift weights in my seventh decade, BUT, l have here a 24 tear old daughter who thinks it's great l am still young at heart. thumbsup.gif ............................laugh.png
  • Like 1

Having read all the posts, this may be slightly off topic more of an observation/fact.

You can get a guy to admit he is lousy at cooking, DIY, gardening, IT skills, etc etc but there are two things that you will find it hard to get them to admit!

1) Lousy lover!

2) Bad driver!

Pulling away from a set of lights faster than the guy next to you is like a Red Bull to a flag Red rag to a bull!

"that their parents might also be subject to charges of violating the Child Protection Act, which attracts a three-month jail term and/or a Bt30,000 fine."

​Is this enforced like the non existent child support in Thailand? The word "responsible" doesn't exist in Thai.

Wow, Heh Masaomi, You are a tight ass old bugger , No.? What a lot of hate for youth that love to race around he world. I had a 409 1962 chevy and was state champion in A stock. Idaho I have recieved many tickets but have driven 1,500,000 miles since my last wreck at age 20 my fault in 1961. I still have fast cars and won 2 Divisional championships and 9 world records in hillclimbs in USA (on pavement) How long since you had a wreck? Today I have a 90 civic crx with a Acura 4 cyl eng with 200 hp and still cant resist st racing a kid in a 5.0 Mustang v/8 at a light. You never had the feeling of beating a big old american v/8 with a 98 cubic inch screaming 4 cyl that turns 8000 rpm honda. Also have a 510 Datsun with a Honda with a S-2000 Honda engine with 240 HP turns 9000. RPM in a 1900 lb car. Just about to hit the streets with it. I will be 71 in jan. Remeber all those insurance claims that many tickets means dangerous driver. I sure blew that story. Never got a ticket of going over 80 mph , just 10-15 over usually freeways were made for 80 mph in 1965 we have cars that go 200 mph. They just raised speed limt in Texas to 85 on a toll rd. wow, I crossed texas last winter kept it at 80-105 all night.

Just got to know what you are doing. Kids still need to learn before going crazy, Bikes are dangerous for sure.

Edited by farmer floyd

Having read all the posts, this may be slightly off topic more of an observation/fact.

You can get a guy to admit he is lousy at cooking, DIY, gardening, IT skills, etc etc but there are two things that you will find it hard to get them to admit!

1) Lousy lover!

2) Bad driver!

Pulling away from a set of lights faster than the guy next to you is like a Red Bull to a flag Red rag to a bull!

Nooo, it's fun laugh.png . How do you get your fun moments. Forget about Scrabble and Bingo, your real fun ? thumbsup.gif

Wow, Heh Masaomi, You are a tight ass old bugger , No.? What a lot of hate for youth that love to race around he world. I had a 409 1962 chevy and was state champion in A stock. Idaho I have recieved many tickets but have driven 1,500,000 miles since my last wreck at age 20 my fault in 1961. I still have fast cars and won 2 Divisional championships and 9 world records in hillclimbs in USA (on pavement) How long since you had a wreck? Today I have a 90 civic crx with a Acura 4 cyl eng with 200 hp and still cant resist st racing a kid in a 5.0 Mustang v/8 at a light. You never had the feeling of beating a big old american v/8 with a 98 cubic inch screaming 4 cyl that turns 8000 rpm honda. Also have a 510 Datsun with a Honda with a S-2000 Honda engine with 240 HP turns 9000. RPM in a 1900 lb car. Just about to hit the streets with it. I will be 71 in jan. Remeber all those insurance claims that many tickets means dangerous driver. I sure blew that story. Never got a ticket of going over 80 mph , just 10-15 over usually freeways were made for 80 mph in 1965 we have cars that go 200 mph. They just raised speed limt in Texas to 85 on a toll rd. wow, I crossed texas last winter kept it at 80-105 all night.

Just got to know what you are doing. Kids still need to learn before going crazy, Bikes are dangerous for sure.

Come on Floyd! Be honest. I bet in a heartbeat you would quit the Honda for a bent eight :-)

I left behind in Oz my 5.7 Chev powered car, and tootling around here in an Altis, well...........it's not quite the same. I am sure you understand.

Wow ........... that is all very impressive.

You are, like ............ a legend.

ps I reckon you need to grow up.

Edited by jackspratt
  • Like 2

I say let them race, and let Darwin sort it out.

That doesn't necessarily work - some of them get to 71, and still act like children. laugh.png

Some of them get to a lot less than 71' all growed up, locked up at home 24/7 bitching at the world via a keyboard.

Some people tend to roses at that age, go to bingo OR are a motor enthusiast. He did state how many prangs he has had over the years. How's your accident record?

Har! Har! Har! You want a medal? Or trying to command some respect?? Dude, before you "ASS" "U" "ME" (assume) that you are the only professional driver who has driven loads of cars & starts singing out the cars you have driven, find out what the other party does for his pastimes! I graduated in NYU and was already driving a Dodge Challenger Hemi and a Ford Mustang GTO. I race drift from Tokyo to Osaka to Yokohama. I drove a Bentley Continental GT Speed from Zurich-Switzerland to Constance-Germany during my internship with Dr. Hausman. In Milan-Italy & Rome on a Maserati Granturismo. I rode a Kawazaki 1100cc from Bangkok to Pattaya and now drives a BMW 528i in Bangkok. So please, do give me a break, I really don't want to read anymore about your speeding tickets! As much as you don't want to read about me ranting on driving on an AutoBahn in Germany is so much more different than on an Interstate 180 in the U.S. Just the same when you are jumping from right hand drive to left hand drive suddenly in different countries! Also, FYI, I have competed, driven and drift for the last 22 years without a single accident! I am trained in both offensive and defensive driving and can do a J turn with about any kinds of vehicle. I am not against professional drivers but abhor hooligans who have no blinking idea about riding a bike with all their pathetic small 100cc honda wave bikes making only noises (Empty Vessels Makes the Most Noise) but absolutely no power.

Har! Har! Har! You want a medal? Or trying to command some respect?? Dude, before you "ASS" "U" "ME" (assume) that you are the only professional driver who has driven loads of cars & starts singing out the cars you have driven, find out what the other party does for his pastimes! I graduated in NYU and was already driving a Dodge Challenger Hemi and a Ford Mustang GTO. I race drift from Tokyo to Osaka to Yokohama. I drove a Bentley Continental GT Speed from Zurich-Switzerland to Constance-Germany during my internship with Dr. Hausman. In Milan-Italy & Rome on a Maserati Granturismo. I rode a Kawazaki 1100cc from Bangkok to Pattaya and now drives a BMW 528i in Bangkok. So please, do give me a break, I really don't want to read anymore about your speeding tickets! As much as you don't want to read about me ranting on driving on an AutoBahn in Germany is so much more different than on an Interstate 180 in the U.S. Just the same when you are jumping from right hand drive to left hand drive suddenly in different countries! Also, FYI, I have competed, driven and drift for the last 22 years without a single accident! I am trained in both offensive and defensive driving and can do a J turn with about any kinds of vehicle. I am not against professional drivers but abhor hooligans who have no blinking idea about riding a bike with all their pathetic small 100cc honda wave bikes making only noises (Empty Vessels Makes the Most Noise) but absolutely no power.

Wow, two complete blaggers together YAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNN!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Something indeed needs to be done. I can't believe that some folks on here are actually condoning this.

Around here, they gather like packs of dogs on a Friday and Saturday night and race down the bypass the wrong way with lights off at night. They think it is cool, yet they have no thought for the safety of drivers of cars (and bikes) who are using the road correctly.

So what happens if 2 or more bikes hit an oncoming car that contains a family with 3 kids totally obliterating the lot? The only good thing about that, is that the idiots will be dead too.

Edited to add, some of these races consist of over 50 idiot bikers racing together, if you were driving with your family and come across these hurtling towards you, how safe would you feel?

Edited by klubex99
  • Like 1

Do you something to measure, who's ones is bigger???

• Like 1

Wow, two complete blaggers together YAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNN!!!!!!!

You are right! ha ha ha..amusing oneself to the kiddish, immatured & stupidity of it all.