Pajero Sport Service Schedule

pampal

I think it is 1.000 km /10.000 km/20.000 km and so forth. Every 10 K in practice, and maybe every 5 K a change of oil.

Normally, this is mentioned in your service manual, where there is a page referencing the service intervals.

For warranty purposes, you need to service every 10,000KM +/- 1,000KM, or every 6 months (whichever comes first). Three missed scheduled services, and your warranty is voided.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

Like most cars there is a detailed service schedule in the (original thai version) owners manual. Unfortunately the schedule is excluded in the English copy of manual.

The oil and filter changes are at 10,000 but the dealers will tell you that is for Synthetic oil. If Mineral oil is used it is supposed to be changed at 5,000km.

My local Mitsu dealer has a huge sign on the wall indicating all the service frequencies and official prices (parts and labour) for all models for the entire warranty period and beyond.

My Triton is basically every 10k, with a larger service every other time. I would expect the PJS to be very similar.

For warranty purposes, you need to service every 10,000KM +/- 1,000KM, or every 6 months (whichever comes first). Three missed scheduled services, and your warranty is voided.

I discovered I had "missed" the 6 month service so took it in for the 1 year but had only done 7,200km. Was told by the garage that unless they did both services the warranty would be void.....Not only that they said they could not do both services on the same day....cue much gnashing of teeth etc

IMHO are you sure it is 3 missed services for Mitsu otherwise I could be having services for no reason.

Yep, mineral oil 5k, semi 10k, syn 10/15k. smile.png

Trans can I ask the benefit of your experience? They say they used about 7 litres of synthetic in a Triton Plus and charged three thousand something from memory - does that sound right?

Also I asked the grade and after checking was told 5W40? Any reason why that and not something else?

Finally with that sort of mileage but the truck sitting unused for 4 weeks at a time is it worth having synthetic?

In advance of T/A response I can tell you Mitsu charge me approx 2,200 baht for synthetic 5W40 oil for my PJS. 7L sounds about right.

The 5W40 grade is the normal synthetic alternative to 15W40 mineral oil.

Since your mileage is low, oil should be changed every 6months, or 3,600km in your case. The less expensive 15W40 mineral oil or a blend may be a good choice. But oil type and change interval can be a bit like religion and politics, so dom jai khun....

• Like 1

... Shell gave me a 'free' check-over when I filled up yesterday. They pointed out the griminess of the 'power' oil - the big syringe they pulled a sample from had a sample of new oil being a transparent pink-orange colour, compared to the dark murky stuff they pulled from me ... I've only got 2k to go till next service so declined replacement....

Thoughts?

(BTW, my 40k was what they called the 'big' service)

I remember having a holiday job in a service station about 100 years ago when I was at school. A good technique for selling an oil-change (on which we got commission) was to pull out the dipstick and remark on how grubby the oil looked, and you could pretty well guarantee that it would always look grubby, regardless of how long it had been in there. Even if it was only a couple of days.

I think the important questions are "how many miles/km since the last oil change" and "what sort of oil is it" and "what sort of use does the engine get"?

I remember having a holiday job in a service station about 100 years ago when I was at school. A good technique for selling an oil-change (on which we got commission) was to pull out the dipstick and remark on how grubby the oil looked, and you could pretty well guarantee that it would always look grubby, regardless of how long it had been in there. Even if it was only a couple of days.

I think the important questions are "how many miles/km since the last oil change" and "what sort of oil is it" and "what sort of use does the engine get"?

You are spot on. thumbsup.gif ..........................smile.png .............................clap2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

All the official service intervals up to 100k. All the official prices. No speculation.

http://www.mitsubish...cal-Maintenance

Appears to be the same info as given on the sign at my local dealer, surprisingly enough.

I'm just bored and browsing, I don't have a Pajero Sport, but that's a great website from Mitsubishi. I like the way you can check everything online in that way. I've no idea when a timing belt change is required but I'm surprised none of the services up to 100,000km include one, that's pretty impressive. I guess they save that shock until later.

All the official service intervals up to 100k. All the official prices. No speculation.

http://www.mitsubish...cal-Maintenance

Appears to be the same info as given on the sign at my local dealer, surprisingly enough.

I'm just bored and browsing, I don't have a Pajero Sport, but that's a great website from Mitsubishi. I like the way you can check everything online in that way. I've no idea when a timing belt change is required but I'm surprised none of the services up to 100,000km include one, that's pretty impressive. I guess they save that shock until later.

Toyota Diesel belt change is the same. In the handbook, BUT a Vigo has a dash light which will come on to tell the owner to change it. thumbsup.gif

Servicing is every 10,000k's but if you have the 5 year Warranty Option you must take the car in at 5,000k intervals for their free check and have the little book stamped and they tear out the page and it's kept on record. If you miss 3 of these you loose the extra 2 year warranty. If you want to save money take the Oil of your choice with you and have them put that in your engine, saves about 50% on what they charge for oil.

Servicing is every 10,000k's but if you have the 5 year Warranty Option you must take the car in at 5,000k intervals for their free check and have the little book stamped and they tear out the page and it's kept on record. If you miss 3 of these you loose the extra 2 year warranty. If you want to save money take the Oil of your choice with you and have them put that in your engine, saves about 50% on what they charge for oil.

Back in early 2010 when the 5year/150,000KM 'Diamond Warranty' was first launched it required 5,000KM checks, and yes you were given a little booklet to hold the extra stamps - however, that was changed in 2011 and now only the standard 10,000KM intervals are required to keep the 5yr/150,000 warranty. You should have received a letter from Mitsubishi explaining that the 5,000 KM checks were no longer required.

Edited by IMHO

Back in early 2010 when the 5year/150,000KM 'Diamond Warranty' was first launched it required 5,000KM checks, and yes you were given a little booklet to hold the extra stamps - however, that was changed in 2011 and now only the standard 10,000KM intervals are required to keep the 5yr/150,000 warranty. You should have received a letter from Mitsubishi explaining that the 5,000 KM checks were no longer required.

Yes i did Mate, But you know how they change their opinion like the Melbourne weather so i decided to hinge my bet and continue with the 5,000 check ups to be safe. And they still carry it out the same as before in Mukdahan.