Small Consulting Role

Hi

I have a requirement for a fully skilled CNC setter operator / programmer for a short term consultancy role based in Rangsit, Bangkok.

Machinery requirements will most likely be be CNC router with vacuum bed with possible water jet cutting facility

Main tasks involved idenfication of requirements, procurement of machinery, and initial setting operating / training.

WP secured as nessacerry.

Skills including toolpath generation from AutoCad2006 and knowledge experience of waterjet cutting of plywood would be advantageous.

If anyone can help with any of the above it would be greatly appreciated

Please PM me!

If this work (the routing) is being done in Thailand could it just be done by hand with a router or shaper using templates? Labor is really cheap here, as you probably know, and sometimes automating is not cost effective. Developing tooling for hand routing and shaping is fairly simple.

If this work (the routing) is being done in Thailand could it just be done by hand with a router or shaper using templates? Labor is really cheap here, as you probably know, and sometimes automating is not cost effective. Developing tooling for hand routing and shaping is fairly simple.

The production facility currently operates with many Thai staff, working as you guessed with jigs and hand routers. Some days you have 30 staff others you have 18. Once a member of staff has been trained he disappears...etc etc etc!

CNC will remove a huge headache for the current key farang staff!

The product is high end concert audio speakers, investment in CNC will allow expansion of the company as orders taken are limited to what can be produced at the moment.

As luck would have it, i have located an American company with Bangkok office who will send the person who i described above to our factory to train us.

I and my brother-in-law will be building large CNC plasma cutting tables when I get to Thailand in a couple of months. I brought over a suitcase full of control modules and stepper motors end of last year and put one together using local talent and materials. If you need any help dealing with programing in G & M code or translation of DXF files into G&M let me know. I should be in CM after March this year.