george

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crude, but informative

a586_b_57.jpg

And revealing too... :o

I really shouldn't laugh but that is classic, still they would take offence. It is scary how the media can inflame the world almost to the point of another world war.

So many people died during WW2 that many souls wanted to return to earth, hence the baby boom.

Edited by Uma~~

Muslim groups praise Canadian response to cartoons

Last Updated Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:00:45 EST

CBC News

A coalition of Muslim groups praised Canadians on Friday for their non-violent reaction to caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad that have sparked violent protests around the world.

Canada's response to the cartoons have struck a balance between freedom of expression and protecting people from hate and racism, the coalition said at a news conference in Ottawa.

Group spokeswoman Tyseer Aboulnasr also praised Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay, saying they have emphasized responsible expression while condemning the violent reaction to the cartoons.

The coalition includes the Canadian Council on American-Islamic Relations, the Canadian Council of Muslim Women, the Canadian Muslim Civil Liberties Association and the Canadian Arab Federation.

* FROM FEB. 17, 2006: Pakistan detains 125 anti-cartoon demonstrators

Because of the violence in other parts of the world, Denmark temporarily closed its embassies in Pakistan, where at least five people have died and hundreds have been detained during protests, and other countries.

In Pakistan on Friday, a cleric even announced a $1-million US bounty on the cartoonists, whose caricatures first appeared in a Danish newspaper in September and have been reprinted in other countries.

Meanwhile, in Canada, the United Church has expressed its regret over decisions by media outlets in Canada and other countries to republish the caricatures.

"We believe that the intention of publishing the cartoons has little to do with freedom of expression and much to do with incitement to racial and religious hatred," senior church officials said in a letter to the Islamic Council of Imams that was released Friday.

Halifax student's newsletter uses cartoon

On Thursday, a 17-year-old private school student in Halifax was admonished by administrators after he put one of the cartoons in his self-published newsletter and brought copies to the school.

Tim Mitchell accused Halifax Grammar School, which told him to remove the image from The Student Voice, of censoring him.

Mitchell says he checked with other students to see if they would be offended before releasing the cartoon. He says he even included an explanatory story from a Muslim student who explained her feelings about the cartoon.

But school headmaster Paul Bennett says the cartoon had to be removed because it crossed acceptable boundaries of free speech.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...slimpraise.html

BTW, "terrorist" is one of these fashionable, overused phrases, whose meaning has been distorted beyond recognition... :o

I stop here, since this doesnt belong in this topic. :D

Your right of course, terrorist isn't quite the right description. I think theocratic murderers or just murderers will work for me, but isn't quite harshly descriptive enough.

Hold the T-Shirts!! :o

From the BBC Website:-

'Ten die' in Libya cartoon clash

At least 10 people are reported to have been killed and several injured in Libya in clashes during a protest outside an Italian consulate.

Police confronted protesters who had set fire to the building in the port city of Benghazi, in the latest protests over the Muhammad cartoons.

They were said to be angry at Italian minister Roberto Calderoli, who had worn a T-shirt displaying the drawings.

Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has called for his resignation.

Mr Berlusconi was on the campaign trail in central Italy when he was forced to return to Rome to coordinate a response to the protests.

Speaking to Italian radio, Mr Berlusconi said the policy of the Italian government was one of respect for the Islamic religion.

Regrets

The unrest began on Friday evening, when a crowd of about 1,000 protesters surrounded the consulate, Italian consular official Antonio Simoes-Concalves told the Associated Press news agency.

Libyan police tried to hold them back by firing bullets and using teargas, he said.

According to police, the crowd splintered off from a larger, peaceful demonstration in downtown Benghazi and headed towards the consulate.

The Italian foreign ministry said protesters broke into the grounds and set the first floor of the building on fire.

CARTOON ROW

30 Sept 2005: Danish paper publishes cartoons

20 Oct: Muslim ambassadors complain to Danish PM

10 Jan 2006: Norwegian publication reprints cartoons

26 Jan: Saudi Arabia recalls its ambassador

31 Jan: Danish paper apologises

1 Feb: Papers in France, Germany, Italy and Spain reprint cartoons

4-5 Feb: Danish embassies in Damascus and Beirut attacked

6-12 Feb: Twelve killed in Afghanistan as security forces try to suppress protests

13-17 Feb: Violent protests break out across Pakistan

17 Feb: Ten killed in Libya as protestors target the Italian consulate in Benghazi

In pictures: Cartoon violence

Timeline of the row

How can row be resolved?

Libyan state television showed pictures of cars set alight and firefighters trying to extinguish the flames.

Stones were thrown at the building. Television footage showed ambulances taking casualties away from the scene.

The Libyan government has said it regrets the violence, which went on for a few hours.

It blamed the violence on what it called a small irresponsible group that it said did not reflect the Libyan spirit.

There have been worldwide protests since the publication of the cartoons satirising the Prophet Muhammad in Denmark's Jyllands-Posten newspaper last September.

Islam bans any depiction of Muhammad or Allah.

Reprints in other European countries have inflamed tensions even further.

Most of the protests have been targeted at Danish interests.

On Friday, Denmark temporarily shut its embassy in Islamabad after days of violent protests in Pakistan.

This is the fifth embassy that Denmark has closed since the cartoon row sparked off.

Missions in Iran, Syria, Lebanon and Indonesia are all temporarily shut.

Italy row

The Italian minister who sparked off the Libyan protests, Roberto Calderoli, is a member of the anti-immigrant Northern League party.

He is also minister without portfolio in charge of institutional reform.

Earlier this week, Mr Calderoli said in an interview that it was "time to put an end to this story that we need to dialogue with these people".

Mr Berlusconi said he had contacted Umberto Bossi, leader of the Northern League, and both had agreed that Mr Calderoli should step down.

Your right of course, terrorist isn't quite the right description. I think theocratic murderers or just murderers will work for me, but isn't quite harshly descriptive enough.

The Saddam regime in Iraq was the only secular government in the region! :D

Bet you didn't know this. :o:D

Well Duh, I reckin I neve red a papear an didn' no thes. A good percentage of murderers in Allahs name in Iraq aren't even Iraqi's And if you notice there are over a hundred countrries where some form of Islamic murderers are operating. The Phillipines, Indonesia, Thailand, are certainly on your regional radar screen whether your being targeted or targeting innocents including fellow Muslims.

The latest news from Denmark, last night it was on tv news that the Egyptian ambassador to Denmark was leaving to take up the possition as ambassador to some African nation, I missed which one, we won't miss her (see pic) as she was with the group of "danish" imans who went on a tour of the Middle East with the cartoon pictures and some fake ones as well and telling lies about the case, they started the whole problem 4 month after the paper published the cartoons, I guess they visited the more fanatic groups in that part of the world.

post-6353-1140274988.jpg

Edited by sonthaya

There was a group of muslims on the TV today who were burning a Danish flag (someone, somewhere must be making a fortune selling muslims Danish flags). When it was set on fire one of them sort of slapped it into the air, it caught the wind and landed on his friends head! That's one for any outtake show :o

How about Turkey?

well my friend that is a scary comment but in my mind, also a very true comment. by the very nature of the beast the muslim religion [not people] does not want to co-exist or tolerate the infidels [any other religion]

I would have expected some solid references for your views after making such a dangerous comment. From my little knowledge about Islam, I know that Muslims are asked to respect Christians and Jews, and the latter are referred to as "the people of the book" in the Quran. A historical evidence for this is the seven centuries long Islamic reign in Spain (711-1492), where every Muslim, Christian, and Jew, was treated fairly and all lived in harmony (also called the Golden Age). On the other hand, the crusaders killed every Muslim and Jew when they captured Jerusalem in 1099, even the ones who sought refuge in Solomon's temple.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=16493

The above links to an article that addresses the Spanish experience. I as far as I can see the Leopard does not change its spots.

well my friend that is a scary comment but in my mind, also a very true comment. by the very nature of the beast the muslim religion [not people] does not want to co-exist or tolerate the infidels [any other religion]

I would have expected some solid references for your views after making such a dangerous comment. From my little knowledge about Islam, I know that Muslims are asked to respect Christians and Jews, and the latter are referred to as "the people of the book" in the Quran. A historical evidence for this is the seven centuries long Islamic reign in Spain (711-1492), where every Muslim, Christian, and Jew, was treated fairly and all lived in harmony (also called the Golden Age). On the other hand, the crusaders killed every Muslim and Jew when they captured Jerusalem in 1099, even the ones who sought refuge in Solomon's temple.

The above links to an article that addresses the Spanish experience. I as far as I can see the Leopard does not change its spots.

Interesting article. I agree with some of the points and disagree with others. However I am afraid I won't discuss or post any further in this thread, as its quality has dramatically degraded.

Interesting article. I agree with some of the points and disagree with others. However I am afraid I won't discuss or post any further in this thread, as its quality has dramatically degraded.

Pity - just as we were getting somewhere near the truth.

maybe it is just to difficult to continue to justify modern day islamic dogma.

maybe it is just to difficult to continue to justify modern day islamic dogma.

Dog412 What are you trying to say :o

apologize. dog 412, does not no how to reply correctly. still working at it , my fault. my reply to los was to be "different opinions deteriorate our own". many here are trying understand what could possibly justify the violence the islamic "world" is accepting, as religious brotherhood. yes, the non-islamic world, now is seeing dogmatic islam as it really is. so, while the imam's attack the west, remember, india and china are alive and well, neither will bow to islam. neither should the west.

[

Hi

Following some earlier references to paedophilia which I did not understand I decided to do some research, sorry if this has been mentioned before but I have not read all of the 200+ posts.

Anyway a 'google' shed some light on the matter.

This prophet Mohammed was some guy, married between 16-22 times, according to all the scholars in his mid 50's he married Aisha aged 6 however being responsible gent he waited until she was 9 before consumating the marriage.

Not sure where Islam stands on re-incarnation, but Gary Glitter perhaps?

TBWG :o