Installed Grim Dbs Full System.

dogpoo

i think if u were to buy a stock exhaust will be kinda expensive due to the catalytic converter which contains platinum and works with the pgmi to make the bike run a green as possible and make ur fuel tank run to 360 km approx .ill take ur exhaust for 3000 baht lol .cheers

Edited by greg71

i think if u were to buy a stock exhaust will be kinda expensive due to the catalytic converter which contains platinum and works with the pgmi to make the bike run a green as possible and make ur fuel tank run to 360 km approx .ill take ur exhaust for 3000 baht lol .cheers

You can have for 5000 bht

Researching the Leo Vince SBK Evo II, that everyone raves about due to the lower EU standards dB level comes with the following.

"The nice thing about the Leo is that you can choose from multiple combinations since they ship with the silencer disc and two inserts, so it's more likely than not that no matter what sound you're looking for you can probably find the right tuning.

1-No disc, no insert

2-No disc, smaller insert

3-No disc, larger insert

4-Disc, no insert

5-Disc, smaller insert

6-Disc, larger insert"

Perhaps there's more info on their site, take a look around.

http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-honda/terminale_lv_one_omologato_evo_ii_passaggio_standard_cbr_250_r_i_e_2011/14472

This sounds great but I am thinking the price will be great also, going by the price of the Yoshi at 29,000 bht for the full system it is way to expensive. The Grim is okay and I am sure anyone else would not have a problem with it, for me though it is just to loud, I will keep it for a while hoping to get used to it, if I can't then I will just purchase the stock CBR exhaust system and put back on, not sure how much it is but cant be that expensive! lesson learnt not to rush in!!

To be honest I just don't think I am a loud lover of anything, so I will keep the system and in a few months maybe weeks will change back to the stock system, that is lovely and quiet! You learn by your mistakes, it could have been worse with me buying the Yoshi now that would be heart breaking!!

Why would you need to 'purchase 'the original exhaust ... surely you still have it?

sent from my ..................#

Researching the Leo Vince SBK Evo II, that everyone raves about due to the lower EU standards dB level comes with the following.

"The nice thing about the Leo is that you can choose from multiple combinations since they ship with the silencer disc and two inserts, so it's more likely than not that no matter what sound you're looking for you can probably find the right tuning.

1-No disc, no insert

3-No disc, larger insert

4-Disc, no insert

5-Disc, smaller insert

6-Disc, larger insert"

http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-honda/terminale_lv_one_omologato_evo_ii_passaggio_standard_cbr_250_r_i_e_2011/14472

This sounds great but I am thinking the price will be great also, going by the price of the Yoshi at 29,000 bht for the full system it is way to expensive. The Grim is okay and I am sure anyone else would not have a problem with it, for me though it is just to loud, I will keep it for a while hoping to get used to it, if I can't then I will just purchase the stock CBR exhaust system and put back on, not sure how much it is but cant be that expensive! lesson learnt not to rush in!!

To be honest I just don't think I am a loud lover of anything, so I will keep the system and in a few months maybe weeks will change back to the stock system, that is lovely and quiet! You learn by your mistakes, it could have been worse with me buying the Yoshi now that would be heart breaking!!

Why would you need to 'purchase 'the original exhaust ... surely you still have it?

The shop that installed the grim bought from me, going there now to see if still have, new original about 12000 bht oh we'll you learn by your mistakes!!

1-No disc, no insert

3-No disc, larger insert

4-Disc, no insert

5-Disc, smaller insert

6-Disc, larger insert"

http://www.leovince...._i_e_2011/14472

The shop that installed the grim bought from me, going there now to see if still have, new original about 12000 bht oh we'll you learn by your mistakes!!

yep.... YOU sure do....

@ dogpoo, sorry to hear about you're financial loss, some lessons can be sometimes expensive sad.png

I also was looking for some time for an aftermarket exhaust ( in my case for a KLX250) and was quoted 22K for a Leo Vince by my Kawasaki dealer.

Every KLX with Thai aftermarket silencer i saw was a bit too loud for my liking.

Lucky for me a friend who was coming to visit me was willing to take a LV silencer from Holland ( around 11 K) No check at the airport thumbsup.gif

As you can see on the picture it comes with different inserts, the one installed in the silencer is EU approved soundlevel, and perfect for everyday riding, with a slight improvement in power and torque ( i guess a LV for a CBR 250 comes with a similair package)

And when you wanna "get loud" it's just a matter of minutes ( 3 bolts) to change the insert for a louder one,

post-143096-0-34095300-1351479115_thumb.

Drove a few thousend KM's with it and really happy with the quality of the LV, looks ( and stays) nice and a good soundtrack ( even at the EU level) It's a pity that the price level in Thailand of those imported brands is so high,

• Like 1

All sorted, original exhaust back on the bike, shop sold me back for the same price I sold for, only cost me 200 bht for re-fitting,

So nice to have a Quiet bike again!! Love it!!

If anyone is interested in a virtually new Grim DBS carbon triangle full system pm me, loud is not for me and never again!!

Edited by dogpoo

As you can see on the picture it comes with different inserts, the one installed in the silencer is EU approved soundlevel, and perfect for everyday riding, with a slight improvement in power and torque ( i guess a LV for a CBR 250 comes with a similair package)

And when you wanna "get loud" it's just a matter of minutes ( 3 bolts) to change the insert for a louder one,

post-143096-0-34095300-1351479115_thumb.

Cool. I presume the longest insert is the quietest one.

What's stopping people making (or buying) one of these for a Thai made pipe in order to quieten it?

I'd guess a local metal shop would make one up for 100b. Can they damage the exhaust (one not designed to have such a baffle) by having an affect on heat transfer or whatever?