Retirement Care Facility To Open In Chiang Mai

CareResortChiangMai

I am interested in moving to Care-resort as a long term residence. However, in doing my due diligence Google search I found that this is in reality a Centara property.

http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/asc/asc_default.asp?#.Ucf4uxw3CAM

Should this concern me? I do not really want to stay in a hotel. I must pay 3 months of full fees to move in. What happens to my deposit if Care-resort goes away. Will Centara honor it?

Any ideas on this will be greatly appreciated.

Just because it's Centara-owned doesn't mean it's a hotel, that's just the parent entity within the Central development empire.

If anything I'd say it speaks to a greater chance of long-term stability than a smaller outfit.

But if your contract is with a company specifically set up to manage that one property, then you will most likely not have resort to the parent if they go bust.

In general my advice in such "investments" in Thailand is to choose ones that have been successfully operating for a while rather than new projects - much less those not even built yet as so many do.

But that's me.

Perhaps you should then direct your question to them via an appropriate method...

I have a few questions:

How would the Retirement Care Facility deal with certain residents, if for example, later they become immobile, for reasons of suffering a stroke, heart problems or any other types of debilitating health issues, which could happen to any of us, is unable to feed themselves, even walk or use the toilet without assistant and they have no family or friends willing to take care and responsibility for them?

Does the Retirement Care Facility have trained fully qualified staff to provide the professional sort of care required in these cases, or would this mean they no longer qualify as suitable viable residents of the care centre?

Also what would happen if a resident ran out of money, how would the facility deal with the problem? Meaning, are all prospective residents required to prove they have a lifetime income, pensions, savings etc, in order to be accepted into the retirement home? I would hope so, in order to save big problems if the worst did happen.

These are issues that must be taken into consideration. Peoples situations can change, health wise and financially and this is why I ask.

Edited by Beetlejuice