New Toys On Pattaya Beach

threelegcowboy

Have spotted two different toys from Royal Garden Shopping on different days.

A triangle shaped ultra lite/prop flying along beach at altitude and appeared to land on beach near Soi 5.

A water jet from the feet contraption(?) flying around 20 feet from the water. It is powered by a jet ski's pump. Also near Royal Garden.

Wish I was 20 years younger.

The human jet was amazing. It had a jet stream of water comming from underside of feet. A bar on backside of stream is able to guide the stream. Maybe the hands have a control for that bar. He had total control and the jet ski followed him around like it was powered from the jet ski. It has a hose comming from the water to the persons feet. Dont know if it was the stream from the jet ski or powered by another unit under the water pump. WOW

Edited by threelegcowboy

I saw one being used or tested in Jomtien about 10 days ago. He stood on a solid platform with 2 jets under him plus he used one on each arm to fine tune his direction of travel. He was powered by one jet ski with a rider on top and the rider kept following him because the line was not too long. It looked like fun.

I saw one being used or tested in Jomtien about 10 days ago. He stood on a solid platform with 2 jets under him plus he used one on each arm to fine tune his direction of travel. He was powered by one jet ski with a rider on top and the rider kept following him because the line was not too long. It looked like fun.

I saw that a couple of weeks ago. Looks cool. To be hopes they don't start renting them out or it'll be another jet ski scam situation.

Edited by nanapong
  • Like 1

The fun and games will start when the JetSki guys find out about these and want to rent 'em out.

At Bht 180 K minimum + Import duty?

Not a problem, a couple of days of scams and they'll have their money back.

Maybe I have the details correct....

You should find some Thai guys on beach sidewalk in front of Central Shopping with a brochure. It is showing a jetman device with water spouting from feet and arms. Looks to go 20 ft off the water.

Cost is B2900 per 30 min with 15 min of that in the air. The other 15 min must be setup time.

Good Luck...let us know how you do !wink.png

I saw this taking place a few months back on Jomtien Beach.

The guy doing it was obviously trying it out for the very first time and his control was poor at best.

He was getting flipped over and driven forcibly head first down from sometimes 15 to 20 feet.

Jomtien and Pattaya beach are very shallow for some distance out from the shore. The speed and force he was coming down was a recipe for disaster.

I am now waiting for the headline that some one has been injured or worse with this contraption.

It is not a form of transport - you cannot do it without the Jet Ski engine - and high powered water jetting is dangerous.

I can only liken this to Hang Gliding. The first few to try it were like expeimental mice....and many died.

Flame me - I hate Jet Ski's ....noisy, dangerous and they pollute the air and water badly.

The other toy I saw was an ultralite prop that looks something like my posted pic here. It was up maybe 1000 ft by Royal Garden then decended and dissapeared near the beach at Soi 5. Can these land on the beach ? Wish I could have been there to see that.

Maybe it landed on vacant lot near Soi 5.

post-11376-0-02669300-1351495686_thumb.j

The other toy I saw was an ultralite prop that looks something like my posted pic here. It was up maybe 1000 ft by Royal Garden then decended and dissapeared near the beach at Soi 5. Can these land on the beach ? Wish I could have been there to see that.

Many years ago there used to be these on the beach with a rubber dingy where the wheels are in your pic.

Edited by LennyW

Many years ago there used to be these on the beach with a rubber dingy where the wheels are in your pic.

The owner was killed landing it (and I'm not joking).

i watched the water powered guy doing a demo yesterday afternoon. he was good at it but i saw a young indian guy having a go at it the day before and he was struggling.

looks like quite hard to master, physically demanding and a lot of dunking involved.

i was quoted 100 dollars (approx 3,000 bht )for a session by a ruskie who seemed to be running things. said trainer was certified in canada.

located most of the day near central festival shopping about opposite the sizzlers sign

they have 2 sets of kit or at least 2 options. training takes place with the power controled from the jet ski, but they also have another fitting with hand controls for the rider

Edited by striderman

Thanks Lenny and Striderman for your input. Any more pics or info out there ?

same place today near central festival, different piece of kit, this time the full monty, a german made jetlev (which looks like a jet ski but no seat or steering)

and a full body harness frame with seat that looked like it was made for james bond.

did not see it in action but watched them recover it onto a small trailor and push it up the beach to hitch it to a 4 x 4

Yeah, I seen this several months ago at Jomtien, must have been practicing. Seems like endless possibilities with this, falling on the jet ski, falling on the kids that are around, jetski not watching where he is going and hitting someone, or the operator falling head down and breaking his neck. This will be a sure hit with the rescue services!