Would You Go?

lassebasse

Me and the family are planning a trip to Pattaya in December and been looking for a hotel. We finally settled for the Jomtien Palm Beach Hotel and Resort. Since there were no rooms available on Agoda or the other hotel sites my wife called to make reservations. She spoke to a nice lady who said we could have rooms for our stay and we gave all details including our e-mail and then we waited for a confirmation. After a couple of days my wife called again and spoke to the same lady who said maybe there was someting wrong with her spelling our e-mail, better if we could send an email to the hotel and then they could just return the confirmation. OK said and done, I sent an e-mail to the adress on the hotel-site and we waited again. After a couple of days my wife called again and this time gor connected to the Reservations Manager, who was qute rude and said that the rooms were confirmed by him on the telephone!! Now it was time for me to call this guy. I told him that since we were travelling 5 people from Sweden I would very much like to have a written confirmation, he again said the he was confirming our rooms by telephone but finally agreed to confirm it by mail if I sent him an e-mail to his own e-mailadress at the hotel. Said and done. Today after 3 days I receive his "confirmation".

" From: [email protected]

Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:08 AM

To: XXXX

Subject: Re: Reservations

Confirmed.

-----Original Message-----

Date: 10/27/12 12:07

Subject: Reservations

Hello to you!

I refer to my telephone-conversation with you a few minutes ago.

My wife xxxxxx xxxxxxxx has made reservations with you for Dec 13 to Dec 17, two doublerooms (if possible with connecting doors).

Please confirm by e-mail that we have these rooms.

Best regards"

I mean, what kind of confirmation is this? In my opinion a confimation should include Roomtype, Prize, Info about breakfest, Check-in and check-ot-times and a Wellcome notice and maybe moore.This hotel is really beginning to irritate me. This hotel is supposed to be 3 or 4 stars and cannot handle reservations. I am getting some bad wibes and think maybe we better cancel the rooms and start looking all over again.

Would you settle for this kind of confirmation and go?

It must be the monty phyton hotel reservation sketch that was never aired. If you do not feel comfortable with your initial contact with the establishment mentioned i suggest you book another hotel. Most hotels will email you the confirmed reservation accordingly.

Another post has been removed from view. Please don't violate forum rules:

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

The next violation will result in a posting holiday. Hope you understand.

Its a shame you had a bad experience of Pattaya/Jomtien. Pattayas image of sex city will never be shaken off however the transformation in the past 5 or so years has changed the area. Yes of course there are drugs and the seedy areas but to say you never noticed a Western family while here would suggest you maybe were in the wrong places. Take a look in any of the shopping malls or the restaurants early evenings, there are many young couples or families enjoying their vacation. Pattaya has a lo to offer for families if you look for it.

Edited by craigt3365
deleted removed post
  • Like 1

You obviously haven't been here for a long time, more and more family's comes here with their kids for holidays incl. Westerners. Pattaya area has much more to offer than bar girls.

Edited by craigt3365
deleted removed post
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

whistling.gif I checked on www.agoda.com and got a notice that there are currently no rooms available at that hotel for the 13th to the 17th of December.

As the email the hotel manager sent you seems to indicate you should have reservations....but the hotel is now full for those dates.

That is a popular hotel and Agoda is discountimg rooms there over that period....which is probably why its full.

If you had used Agoda (or one of the hotel booking services) you would have recieved an emailed hotel voucher and gaurentee with all the details of rates and such that you could print out and present to the hotel reception on arrival.

It would also have a reservation code number from Agoda which would be in the hotel computer....including details of your credit card payment and your special request for two adjoining rooms with connecting door.

I would go anyway, there are many hotels of similar standard in that area.

But the choice is up to you,

rolleyes.gif