Snooker Phetchabun

Dancealot

I am very fond of the game and i played in a few snooker halls(that' s how i call them) just outside the centre of Phetchabun town. I also watch as much snooker as i can.But they were all not great places for me to play because there was not enough action.I love to play with Thais. Any snooker fans out there?

Also looking for a good way to watch worldsnooker ranking and non ranking events from the countryside. Satellites/Thai tv.

Edited by Dancealot

The best place by far is in the Kosit Hill Hotel.

Actually the snooker hall has 4 tables, bar, etc, plenty of action,some really good English players 60/70 breaks

.And then you get me with a pink or a black if I am lucky.

It is situated around the back of the hotel, in a seperate building, opposite the car park, near where the swimming pool area is.

• Like 1

The best place by far is in the Kosit Hill Hotel.

Actually the snooker hall has 4 tables, bar, etc, plenty of action,some really good English players 60/70 breaks

.And then you get me with a pink or a black if I am lucky.

It is situated around the back of the hotel, in a seperate building, opposite the car park, near where the swimming pool area is.

The Hotel on the main road near the town entrance? This i good intell mr Monkeypants.

Thanks guys, i suppose this is a good way to come into contact with fellow snooker enthusiasts from the region.

I read you all prefer to play in Hotels. I find that peculiar.. I never did but i am always up for a game so i will check it with you hopefully.

With snooker hall i meant this: a place where thai farmers/cops/office workers come to play on their lunchbreaks or whenever.

post-70928-0-16117100-1352010596_thumb.j

Thanks guys, i suppose this is a good way to come into contact with fellow snooker enthusiasts from the region.

I read you all prefer to play in Hotels. I find that peculiar.. I never did but i am always up for a game so i will check it with you hopefully.

With snooker hall i meant this: a place where thai farmers/cops/office workers come to play on their lunchbreaks or whenever.

I don't think people prefer to play in hotels,I think it is more of a case of limited resources within the area,there is a small club in Lom Sak also but due to lack of interest it's barely ever open.

I don't think people prefer to play in hotels,I think it is more of a case of limited resources within the area,there is a small club in Lom Sak also but due to lack of interest it's barely ever open.

I am glad you answered it this way. I was afraid(perhaps under the wrong impression) you guys played only in hotels. The picture i showed is the the first snooker hall i walked into after asking around, it' s right near the center of phetchabun town and has great tables, relaxed atmosphere, but thai only. I even ordered my snookers balls there. So there must be a lot more places. Trust me guys: With the "limited resources" the Thais have over there they always make sure there is a snooker- or pooltable around. There are a lot more places we do not know of. Nice to meet you all

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I like too, to know places in Phetchabun, where can play pool and snooker. I mean places where is more than one table. Some club or hall. It's nice if you guys can put here information. I know only one place. It's near Phetsabun city gate. Between Thanon Nikom Bamrung and Samakkhichai Rd 21 is hotel and under the hotel is place where is some pool- and snookertables.

Hi,

I like too, to know places in Phetchabun, where can play pool and snooker. I mean places where is more than one table. Some club or hall. It's nice if you guys can put here information. I know only one place. It's near Phetsabun city gate. Between Thanon Nikom Bamrung and Samakkhichai Rd 21 is hotel and under the hotel is place where is some pool- and snookertables.

I mentioned this thread to a mate of mine last night. He says there's a place with plenty of pool/snooker tables in Phetchabun. It's not signposted and difficult to spot by car.

Best way, apparently, for 1st timers is:

Go North on 21, pass Kossit Hill hotel and the bus station, turn left at the traffic lights and stop by a wat on the left side. Walk further along that road and you will see it on the right hand side of the road. It apparently has many good quality tables on 2 floors, 1 floor for pool, the other for snooker.

Let me know if you can't spot it and I'll see if I can get my mate to pinpoint it on my Google maps.

Hope this helps

R21

I enjoy a game of snooker also. Not played since leaving England. Played a few games of pool though here. I used to love hitting the Legion Club on a weekend and having a good few games and a cheap pint.

I am down in Nong Phai but might have to check out the Kosit Hill Hotel next time I am about.

Edited by jambco984

Hello all in Phetchabun I hope you can help.

What is there to do of an evening with the wife on our anniversary weekend here in town.

We are staying at the Kosit Hill and want to find a lively ish area for a few scoops and maybe bump into other foreigners but not a priority.

We are both 28 by the way if age matters.

Any help and directions would be nice??

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned this thread to a mate of mine last night. He says there's a place with plenty of pool/snooker tables in Phetchabun. It's not signposted and difficult to spot by car.

Best way, apparently, for 1st timers is:

Go North on 21, pass Kossit Hill hotel and the bus station, turn left at the traffic lights and stop by a wat on the left side. Walk further along that road and you will see it on the right hand side of the road. It apparently has many good quality tables on 2 floors, 1 floor for pool, the other for snooker.

Let me know if you can't spot it and I'll see if I can get my mate to pinpoint it on my Google maps.

Hope this helps

R21

You mean that road name: Thanon Burakarm Kovit?

It wil be nice if you can make general Google maps pinpoints.

You mean that road name: Thanon Burakarm Kovit?

It wil be nice if you can make general Google maps pinpoints.

Yes, that's the road. I can see the wat on my android copy of Google maps, but it doesn't specifically identify the snooker hall.

Unfortunately, I'm not back off holiday for a few days and ny mate is touring and may not be back for another week, however, I'll see what I can do when he's back.

I'll probably end up with a jpg screenshot similar to the one below that shows the road and the wat.

Cheers!

R21

post-77561-13608332031344_thumb.jpg

Edited by Route21

• 2 weeks later...

There's another snooker club in the hotel in the fork where the road leading back to Topland meets the 21. Don't know what it's like, but we regularly do a U-turn on the 21 directly in front of it (just before the traffic lights) when going to Topland.

Regards

R21

• 1 month later...