All Nightclubs To Now Shut By 2 Am In Chaweng

From sound clubs samui's fb page

เนื่องจากตอนนี้ มีนโยบายให้ธุรกิจสถานบันเทิง บริเวณหาดเฉวงทั้งหมด ปิดให้บริการนักท่องเที่ยว ภายในเวลา 02.00 น. ซึ่งทางธุรกิจสถานบันเทิงบริเวณหาดเฉวงทั้งหมด อาทิ เช่น SOLO CLUB, GREEN MANGO, SOUND CLUB, SWET SOUL และบาร์เบียร์ ทั้งหมด ได้มีการนัดประชุมปรึกษากันแล้ว และไม่เห็นด้วยกับนโยบายดังกล่าวอย่างยิ่ง เพราะจะทำให้มีผลกระทบกับนักท่องเที่ยว ทั้งชาวต่างชาติและชาวไทย ซึ่งมาเที่ยวพักผ่อนบนเกาะสมุยอย่างมาก

ดังนั้น พวกเราในฐานะผู้ประกอบธุรกิจบันเทิง จึงมีความเห็นตรงกันว่า จะปิดให้บริการชั่วคราว ตั้งแต่วันที่ 30 ตุลาคม 2555 เป็นต้นไป เพื่อแสดงให้หน่วยงานของทางรัฐเห็นว่า ธุรกิจบันเทิงบนเกาะสมุยเป็นสิ่งที่สำคัญ และหน่วยงานรัฐ ควรให้การสนับสนุนมากกว่านี้ เพื่อเป็นการดึงให้นักท่องเที่ยวทั้งชาวไทยและชาวต่างชาติ เข้ามาเที่ยวเกาะสมุย อันจะทำให้เศรษฐกิจบนเกาะสมุยมีความคล่องตัวและมีชื่อเสียงเป็นที่รู้จักของชาวโลกต่อไป

ในการที่หน่วยงานของรัฐมีนโบาย ให้ธุรกิจสถานบันเทิง ทำการปิดให้บริการภายในเวลาดั่งกล่าวนั้น พวกเราในฐานะผู้ประกอบการ ไม่เห็นด้วยเป็นอย่างยิ่ง และอยากสอบถามความคิดเห็นของทุกคน ทั้งคนที่อาศัยอยู่ และไม่ได้อาศัยอยู่บนเกาะสมุย ว่ามีความคิดเห็นอย่างไร กับกรณีนี้ครับ ช่วยแสดงวามเห็นกันหน่อยครับ เผื่อความเห็นของทุกท่าน จะเป็นประโยชน์และผ่านหู ผ่านตา ผู้มีอำนาจหรือหน่วยงานของรัฐบ้างครับ...

Actual translation by Mole:

Posted 16 minutes ago

In a nutshell, this is what it says:

Due to the new policies enforcing entertainment businesses around the entire Chaweng beach area to close before 2.00, there has been a meeting attended by all the entertainment businesses such as SOLO CLUB, GREEN MANGO, SOUND CLUB, SWET SOUL and all the "bar beer". We strongly disagree with the new policies because it will affect tourists both foreign and Thai, who are on holiday here in Samui in large numbers.

We have therefore come to an agreement to temporarily close our businesses starting from 30 October 2012 onwards.

This is in order to show the government agencies how important the entertainment businesses are for the economy of Samui. The government should show us more support in order to attract more foreign and Thai tourists to Samui.

We would like to ask the public's opinion about this new closing policy.

Maybe you can edit it in the first post instead of that bing translation??

Edited by Mole, 14 minutes ago.

Edited by Rooo
Inserted actual translation & deleted Bing's

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God I hate these translations.

God I hate these translations.

I think they are saying they disagree , ESP sound club as they are a late venue , and it will kill there business , plus I think they are all shutting on the 30 th out of protest

They updated again in English , they are shutting onwards from the 30th !

Because now. These are the entertainment business. Chaweng Beach at all. Traveler closed at 02.00, which is a total entertainment area of Chaweng beach such as SOLO CLUB, GREEN MANGO, SOUND CLUB, SWET SOUL and beer bars all have a meeting to discuss. And do not agree with such a policy strongly. It will have an impact on tourists. Both foreigners and residents of Thailand. Which came to rest on the island so much.

Therefore, we as business entertainment. So there is consensus that Will be closed temporarily. From 30 October 2555 onwards to show how state agencies. Entertainment Koh Samui is important. And government agencies. Should provide more support. To pull tourists, both in Thailand and overseas. Took vacations. Koh Samui is the economy and flexibility of the known world.

In the government's policy. The entertainment business. Be closed within that time period. We as entrepreneurs. Disagree strongly. And I ask everyone's opinion. The people who live there. And do not live on the island. I have to say. With this case. This allows you to serve me. For all the comments. It is through the eye and through the ear or an authorized state agency Thread ...

HI BOATER.... If you could please learn just a little bit of the English language then the rest of us could perhaps understand what the H**l you are trying to say....

It was translated by bing from Thai ! , and the other post was written by the Thai owner of sound in English !

I am sure bigc will have no trouble understanding

if one cannot get to sleep before0200 am because of noise then i bount they wouldbe aslweep at 0600 am

i don;tcare because i do notlive next to the party venus but i noticed NIKI beach was not included which is surroundedby more residentual areas.

these clubs are here to feed tourists as if notourists went to them then they would close down.

so one could ask the tourists but i doubt they care as they shallbe here for about 3 weeks of a year.

Maybe more promotion that those parts of chaweng are the party areas so if you do notlike that type of thing thenmaybe head out to manam or hua Thanon.

There is enough in samui for everyone.

Idonotlike green mango and all the other clubs but i know that they are big attractions to this island aswhen i wasyoungi loved it.

there isenough room on this islandfor all as long asall the clubs stay in one place anddo notmove around the island.

• Like 2

Translations of translations. it's giving me a headache. Can somebody please tell what this thread is about?

w00t.gif

in a few words it's a strike to show their disagreement with the police enforcing the legal closing time of 2AM and/or raising the price of the bribe way above reason.

they should create an organisation and ask for a change in law or a license to open till late, this would solve the problem and stop the police asking big bribes.

they should create an organisation and ask for a change in law or a license to open till late, this would solve the problem and stop the police asking big bribes.

I doubt this is possible. The 2am law applies all over Thailand, not just Samui.

AFAIK there's no such thing as a license to open late, there's only paying off the cops.

• Like 1

if one cannot get to sleep before0200 am because of noise then i bount they wouldbe aslweep at 0600 am

i don;tcare because i do notlive next to the party venus but i noticed NIKI beach was not included which is surroundedby more residentual areas.

these clubs are here to feed tourists as if notourists went to them then they would close down.

so one could ask the tourists but i doubt they care as they shallbe here for about 3 weeks of a year.

Maybe more promotion that those parts of chaweng are the party areas so if you do notlike that type of thing thenmaybe head out to manam or hua Thanon.

Idonotlike green mango and all the other clubs but i know that they are big attractions to this island aswhen i wasyoungi loved it.

there isenough room on this islandfor all as long asall the clubs stay in one place anddo notmove around the island.

Who's gonna translate this then? 55555

Edited by wellred

Here is a Google translation for what it's worth;

Because now. These are the entertainment business. Chaweng Beach at all. Traveler closed at 02.00, which is a total entertainment area of ​​Chaweng beach such as SOLO CLUB, GREEN MANGO, SOUND CLUB, SWET SOUL and beer bars all have a meeting to discuss. And do not agree with such a policy strongly. It will have an impact on tourists. Both foreigners and residents of Thailand. Which came to rest on the island so much.

Therefore, we as business entertainment. So there is consensus that Will be closed temporarily. From 30 October 2555 onwards to show how state agencies. Entertainment Koh Samui is important. And government agencies. Should provide more support. To pull tourists, both in Thailand and overseas. Took vacations. Koh Samui is the economy and flexibility of the known world.

In the government's policy. The entertainment business. Be closed within that time period. We as entrepreneurs. Disagree strongly. And I ask everyone's opinion. The people who live there. And do not live on the island. I have to say. With this case. This allows you to serve me. For all the comments. It is through the eye and through the ear or an authorized state agency Thread ...

In a nutshell, this is what it says:

Due to the new policies enforcing entertainment businesses around the entire Chaweng beach area to close before 2.00, there has been a meeting attended by all the entertainment businesses such as SOLO CLUB, GREEN MANGO, SOUND CLUB, SWET SOUL and all the "bar beer". We strongly disagree with the new policies because it will affect tourists both foreign and Thai, who are on holiday here in Samui in large numbers.

We have therefore come to an agreement to temporarily close our businesses starting from 30 October 2012 onwards.

This is in order to show the government agencies how important the entertainment businesses are for the economy of Samui. The government should show us more support in order to attract more foreign and Thai tourists to Samui.

We would like to ask the public's opinion about this new closing policy.

Maybe you can edit it in the first post instead of that bing translation??

Edited by Mole

So let me get this right.

The businesses that are saying they are losing money by having to close at 2am are not going to open at all from the 30th in protest ? <deleted> !!blink.png

I can only assume these bars are owned and run by Thai's to come up with such a cunning plan to show the authorities whistling.gif

We have a saying back home.

" Cutting your nose off to spite your face "

I can only imagine the Farang owned bars are rubbing their hands together in glee or are the also closing ?

• Like 1

I just fail to understand the initial post.

Is this ruling only applying to Chaweng ?

Does this ruling apply to all the island & the Chaweng entrepreneurs are the ones taking the fight to the government, only concerned about their area?

Does that mean that the National law now applicable to Samui?

Someone was here a week ago, I wonder if it has anything to do with it whistling.gif

Does anybody here can write English correctly? If this is to complicated, we can switch to German, that is much easier for me to understand, than this crappy English.

Interesting.. Businesses organizing a mass strike to be allowed to break the law (and isnt the law 12 pm outside of a few designated nightlife / entertainment zones, with a 1am or 2am in those zones.. I seem to remember that published in the Purachai era social order crackdowns ??).

Also the temptation to break the strike will be high, there will be many lost customers.. Will 'solo bar' be policing those that break the strike, will this be done nicely and legally ??

One to watch.

Does anybody here can write English correctly? If this is to complicated, we can switch to German, that is much easier for me to understand, than this crappy English.

Perfect English IS NOT a requirement on this forum. Many people from all different nationalities & walks of life.
  • Like 1

How many times have these laws tried to be enforced and then forgotten. Yes people are on holiday and its great to party but Samui isnt the only tourist destination in Thailand. If people want 24 hour partying maybe try somewhere else, am sure thats not the main reason for choosing Samui for a holiday.

I bet by Christmas its all sorted and late opening returned. Prity common for the police to flex there mucles at this time of the year as reminder of this is what we can do when highest season is here, as in Christmas so pay up a bit more tea money now and all will be well for Christmas.

Its time they had some indoor entertainment clubs which would keep tourist happy and locals who would not hear the nosise of the late night venues.

The police is Samui, are some of the weakest cops on the planet. They are like young schoolboys. Nearly completely powerless. They are basically a revenue collection agency, and engage in almost no law enforcement, of any kind. The only people this will come as a surprise to, are people who have never been to Samui, and have never witnessed thousands of 11 years old riding motorbike on the main roads, without helmets. It has one of the highest per capita rates of motorcycle deaths in the world, partly due to the local boy scout troops not being willing to hand out speeding tickets, nor being willing to enforce drunk driving laws. So, when these goons say they are going to enforce a new law, it is simply a matter or time before the local club owners will offer enough cash. The Ark Bar is one of the greatest offenders on the island, both in terms of violating late night noise laws, and in terms of completely ignoring noise levels. Over 100 hotels in the area have to listen to their blaring music nearly every night. Pure unadulterated mafia biz. Samui is a mafia infested island, and the police have no power to deal with the gangstas.

• Like 1

I wish them luck as Thailand has made serious money from tourism on Samui island, it must be into the billions of baht every month, but I dont think its the party crowd of mostly single girls who spend all the money.

Full moon is tonight/tomorrow so there could be a mass exodus from the island by the party crowd by friday.

in my opinion There will be a reprive to 3am, which will be slowly pushed to 6 am again, for the average tourist this will have no affect on their holiday as many just stay on the beach all day eat in a restaurant or street food then go to bed around 11 pm

New ministers, new policies. It last a week or 6 before the commissioner and ministers have one enough, than they go back to sleep till a new idiot shows up ho says: I am going to enforce. In the meantime Burma and Cambodia do not enforce and are happy to take in the tourists who are pissed off by the Thai authorities.