Cctv Cameras - Siqura Brand

khman

Hello,

I noticed a lot of new CCTV Cameras, at least in Chaweng.

They have small blue led light in the night.

I wonder why so many cameras, and who paid for it it is so expensive.

So many criminality here?!

Most are near schools or road crossing.

Any info about it?

Cameras all over the place. Several at intersections & tourist places.

Excellent news!!!

plus 1 clap2.gif

a lot of criminality in samui especially burglaries in 2012 and the traditionnal bag snatching.

this has been paid by the tax payer money.

and as a tax payer - I am more than happy to contribute. thumbsup.gif

Cameras make nothing safer !

They simply take away your liberties and freedoms ... you think it's a good thing to be controlled and watched and surveilled 24/7 ?

Think again and maybe you come to a different opinion.

BTW .... if you would be correct then London would be a crime free city ! [well ... it's not !]

They simply take away your liberties and freedoms ... you think it's a good thing to be controlled and watched and surveilled 24/7 ?

BTW .... if you would be correct then London would be a crime free city ! [well ... it's not !]

Camera's can't prevent crime, they make it easier to identify the criminals

BTW .......Isn't London crime free yet? I thought all the criminal had moved here already biggrin.png

Edited by jbrain

BTW .......Isn't London crime free yet? I thought all the criminal had moved here already biggrin.png

So, if I understand this correct:

Many people [actually it's ALL of us !!!] have to give up their liberties and rights because of a small group doing wrong ?

... and at the end of the day we all strip naked in front of a security guy because maybe, just maybe one in a million is trying to do something bad ???

I might take the risk and keep my liberties and basic human rights instead of giving in to these wanke_rs !!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Benjamin Franklin (1759)

So, if I understand this correct:

Many people [actually it's ALL of us !!!] have to give up their liberties and rights because of a small group doing wrong ?

... and at the end of the day we all strip naked in front of a security guy because maybe, just maybe one in a million is trying to do something bad ???

I might take the risk and keep my liberties and basic human rights instead of giving in to these wanke_rs !!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Benjamin Franklin (1759)

I don't understand what you mean with " we all strip naked in front of a security guy" as I'm not used to walk around naked on the public roads.

Of course we could also vote to have all those camera's removed, but I'm not sure if some recent foreign crime victims, whose betrayers were caught due to the presence of those cctv camera's would agree with you.

I'm also confident without the clear visible presence of those camera's the crime figures would be significant higher.

Please keep on topic.

These cameras on Samui are mostly at traffic intersections & very importantly at tourist areas.

There is no discussion of freedom being impeded , but hopefully a watchful eye over the welfare of tourists.

There is no comparison between New York. London etc......... so let's not exaggerate their purpose.

• Like 2