Windows Administrator

The Dan Sai Kid

I was trying to load the Yahoo toolbar, to get the Yahoo spyware killer. It downloaded ok. The toolbar is ok. Then when I downloaded the spyware killer it wouldn't let me complete the task as I do not have administrator privelges. But, I do.

I suspect I have a virus doing something, but I'm not sure.

Can anybody help?

I was trying to load the Yahoo toolbar, to get the Yahoo spyware killer. It downloaded ok. The toolbar is ok. Then when I downloaded the spyware killer it wouldn't let me complete the task as I do not have administrator privelges. But, I do.
What operating system are you using? What version?

Can you post a screenshot of the screen that says you have administrator privileges?

-------------

Maestro

Bangkok_Post_20060104_asking_questions_skill.pdf

Well I suppose the first thing to do is run your virus scanner.Then if you are running windows XP goto: Start>control panel>accounts/logon on or whatever it is and check to see what type of account you have.Normally the system its self is the administrator and you can give yourself administrator privilages to control all the other accounts that you might have.The reason for this is for when you're surfing the internet,if you're logged on as an adminstrator and some dodgy website grabs your computer then the damage will be total,there will be nothing they can't do.So its always best to create a normal user account to surf as well as an admin's acc to install program'e etc.Well good luck. :o:D

check to see what type of account you have
gwd, what was the original poster’s question again? Did he not say that he DOES have administrator privileges?

You’ve got to wait for the right question to come up for your answer :o

--------------

Maestro

I suspect I have a virus doing something, but I'm not sure.

Can anybody help?

I would doubt that a virus has anything to do with this at all - its more likely to be the yahoo toolbar that youve downloaded.

Did you force a reboot after installing..? my guess is something up with the toolbar thats preventing the other program from being installed.

Once youve done a reboot - can you confirm that the new programs can be found in the control panel > add remove programs window... ?