Red Bull Heir Finally Shows Up For Questioning: Bangkok

webfact

Much easier if we accept the reality that he has never or probably will never do an honest days work in his life, and will get away with murder, as many times as he commits it, as well as having several Mia-nois, lots of houses, numerous luxury cars, a private jet and as much coke as he can stuff up his nose. But I'm sure he has his problems, apart from the ongoing investigation.

Isn't he the Managing Director of Red Bull Thailand? Think that falls into the category of doing "an honest days work". Which murder has he committed and got away with? What have mia nois got to do with this? If he can afford houses, cars, etc., then why shouldn't he have them? I'm sure you own something that someone, somewhere, not as fortunate as you can't afford?

Is the green-eyed monster rearing it's ugly head here?

Hmmm. Maybe he didn't show up for questioning because he was just too busy at work. Maybe he was racing to work when the accident happened. As if :)

However, I was actually defending the guy, he's a lazy f$$$ but wouldn't you be in his position? You really think he runs red bull??? I know people like him. Am I jealous? No. They are no happier than anyone because it's always been like that, lobster every day becomes boring after a very short time. I think my post was urging other people not to be. Maybe read it again?

Edited by looping

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current forensic tests for cocaine are most substantive and accurate down to very low concentrations. They can obtain conclusive results in less than 48 hours. The police remark is pure BS. They are simply spinning the potential drug abuse aspect as a positive test result would provoke even more public sentiment and harder for them to let him off with a sharp slap on the wrists.Furthermore with all the current hype on the Governments hard position on drug abuse a drug related charge would not auger too well. Also, why the delay in informing the media that he had infact draged his pathitic little ass in for questioning. As postulated by the multitudes this guy is unlikely to be touched by his abuse and negligence owing to the perception in this country that the most important aspect of a mans character is that he has wealth. Intelect,morality, accountability are not even on their horizon. Both he and his family are a disgrace and the authorities are not much better.

Writing is on the wall!!

Does anyone know if his bail was revoked, he failed to appear so should be treated as a potential flight risk, should be banged up until his case is heard!

But we all know that it ain't gonna happen!

The bail is as meaningful as Thaksin's. All tarred and feathered with the same money brush. Bail is the due process, their choice to ignore it as the loss of a million or so Baht is petty cash on a Friday afternoons fun.

• Like 1

So, back on Tuesday the 23rd the police say he missed coming in on Friday and if he didn't turn himself in soon he'd lose his bail. See:

Then yesterday they run this article saying "Red Bull Heir Finally Shows Up For Questioning" but when you read the article you realize he actually turned himself in for questions back on Tuesday the 23rd.

Then they go on to hint the police should have said something sooner or explain why they haven't told anybody sooner rather than the reporter apologizing to readers for having not asked about the case sooner or sitting around waiting for a press release from the police.

Edited by Nisa

Did he finally get his car fixed?

Pretty sure that is something he need not concern himself with since his family is also the sole authorized importer of Ferrari cars in Thailand. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/20/vorayuth-yoovidhya_n_1992407.html#slide=more248338

Interesting the article also mentions the victims family has already been given 3 million baht in compensation. May have already been reported before but I hadn't seen it. Sounds to me like they are doing everything they can to put this case to bed as quickly as possible.

From the full article in the link.

Some media reports said that cocaine was found in Vorayuth’s blood, but Pol Maj Gen Anuchai said that results were not yet conclusive.

There either was or there was not, there is no inconclusiveness about it.

I assume he has been banged up now for breeching his bail conditions?

While it is more than likely the police are not releasing all their evidence, including the blood tests, there is no reason they should either. So, the police answer is probably BS but at the same time it may not be. Doing a test such as a urine test doesn't check for cocaine but checks for a metabolite of cocaine which isn't an indication of being under the influence but rather if you have taken the drug in the recent past. For cocaine this metabolite can show up to 3 to 5-days after a single use but for a heavy user it can be much longer. However, a blood test actually checks for cocaine which can actually indicate somebody being under the influence as the actually amount of cocaine can be measured and it will only stay in your blood typically up to 24-hours but my guess would be that it would still need to be at a level to indicate it would make you be under the influence. So if somebody did a line at noon on Thursday and got in a wreck on Friday at 11:00 am, they may test positive for coke in their blood but not sure it would be considered under the influence. But the point being is that I do think blood tests take time but it may simply because of labs being backed up. I am basing this on the fact it is normal in US courts for blood results not to come back for weeks or a month and the same is true with autopsies when checking for illegal drugs. They can fast results for the presence of drugs or their metabolites but seems to take a lot longer to figure out the levels. But with all this babbling, I suspect you are right in that they know at this point but simply are not releasing their case to the public with is not uncommon or required. Because he is rich and influential, we certainly can make speculations but lets not forget he killed on of their own too which goes at least a little to balancing the scales of justice.

Obviously the amount his family offered to be paid to the dead policemans family, the local police boss and other interested parties wasn't near enough. Thus the addition of the 2 new charges and send him away to ponder it and come back with a better offer. What a great message the police and politicians could send to not only the Thai people but the whole world if this goose was gaoled,but sadly it won't happen.....

Exactly. In the real universe where being a Buddhist doesn't mean to shaft and graft, that act would be construed as gaining real face! It's all ass-backards.

Pretty sure that is something he need not concern himself with since his family is also the sole authorized importer of Ferrari cars in Thailand. http://www.huffingto...lide=more248338

Interesting the article also mentions the victims family has already been given 3 million baht in compensation. May have already been reported before but I hadn't seen it. Sounds to me like they are doing everything they can to put this case to bed as quickly as possible.

Who cares if he paid 3 million or 3 billion baht. Paying someone off should not make you exempt from the judicial system he still needs to accept his punishment and hopefully that is gaol time.

Pretty sure that is something he need not concern himself with since his family is also the sole authorized importer of Ferrari cars in Thailand. http://www.huffingto...lide=more248338

I will put not buying Ferrari's to my list of not to buy list then laugh.png gotta hurt them in the pocket.

Who cares if he paid 3 million or 3 billion baht. Paying someone off should not make you exempt from the judicial system he still needs to accept his punishment and hopefully that is gaol time.

I care, as well of course as the family, and am glad the person responsible for this tragedy has the means to make such compensation. The court will also care as it shows a level of responsibility and both the desire and actual action of providing compensating which does go a long way in terms of sentencing here as does cooperating and admitting guilt but we'll have to see how the last two factors play out. Although not an option, I personally would much rather see the person responsible for my death provide a better life for my family than see him do time and would feel the same way if it was a member of my family who died as I know they would feel the same way. I'd get no satisfaction from seeing somebody punished, once rational thinking returned, unless that person needed punishment because there was an indication he/she had not learned from their mistake and taking an innocent life was something they cared less about as opposed to something they'd have to live with and think about every day the rest of their life.

I don't know this young man enough to make any judgement about his character. I only know he made some serious errors in judgements that day but also know most of us have driven under the influence or been reckless in our lives but were lucky enough to not see this kind of result. Just because he is rich should not mean he is a bad person or believe he is above the law but neither does it mean he is a good person with a good heart.

Edited by Nisa

I will put not buying Ferrari's to my list of not to buy list then laugh.png gotta hurt them in the pocket.

You'll never see my owning a Ferrari. I've been boycotting Ferrari my entire life ;-)

I care, as well of course as the family, and am glad the person responsible for this tragedy has the means to make such compensation. The court will also care as it shows a level of responsibility and both the desire and actual action of providing compensating which does go a long way in terms of sentencing here as does cooperating and admitting guilt but we'll have to see how the last two factors play out. Although not an option, I personally would much rather see the person responsible for my death provide a better life for my family than see him do time and would feel the same way if it was a member of my family who died as I know they would feel the same way. I'd get no satisfaction from seeing somebody punished, once rational thinking returned, unless that person needed punishment because there was an indication he/she had not learned from their mistake and taking an innocent life was something they cared less about as opposed to something they'd have to live with and think about every day the rest of their life.

I don't know this young man enough to make any judgement about his character. I only know he made some serious errors in judgements that day but also know most of us have driven under the influence or been reckless in our lives but were lucky enough to not see this kind of result. Just because he is rich should not mean he is a bad person or believe he is above the law but neither does it mean he is a good person with a good heart.

Well you and I think differently. I would be extreemly insulted and very hurt if someone killed one of my family members and tried to pay me off in exchange for justice. If he killed a member of my family, he doesn't have enough, or would ever have enough money to compensate for the life he took or to make me feel better. Members of my family are priceless and I would rather see him rot in a prison where he could only feel a fraction of the pain and suffering that my family would. I would tell the scum to take the pitance he could possibly offer and shove it up his rear orifice. Offering money would be like him taking a dump on the body of a loved one. Sorry but that is how I feel about this person or any other person who thinks paying me off will make it all better, money will never replace the life that was taken..

Edited by softgeorge
  • Like 1

Well you and I think differently. I would be extreemly insulted and very hurt if someone killed one of my family members and tried to pay me off in exchange for justice. If he killed a member of my family, he doesn't have enough, or would ever have enough money to compensate for the life he took or to make me feel better. Members of my family are priceless and I would rather see him rot in a prison where he could only feel a fraction of the pain and suffering that my family would. I would tell the scum to take the pitance he could possibly offer and shove it up his rear orifice. Offering money would be like him taking a dump on the body of a loved one. Sorry but that is how I feel about this person or any other person who thinks paying me off will make it all better, money will never replace the life that was taken..

No need to be sorry. As you said, we just have different concerns and views.

Edited by Nisa

No need to be sorry. As you said, we just have different concerns and views.

I'd like to think your concerns and views on this circumstance are in the minority.

People in this country are free to take money in exchange for justice. I'd like to think people with morals and dignity would demand justice and be insulted at being offered money.

• Like 2

From the full article in the link.

Some media reports said that cocaine was found in Vorayuth’s blood, but Pol Maj Gen Anuchai said that results were not yet conclusive.

There either was or there was not, there is no inconclusiveness about it.

I assume he has been banged up now for breeching his bail conditions?

While it is more than likely the police are not releasing all their evidence, including the blood tests, there is no reason they should either. So, the police answer is probably BS but at the same time it may not be. Doing a test such as a urine test doesn't check for cocaine but checks for a metabolite of cocaine which isn't an indication of being under the influence but rather if you have taken the drug in the recent past. For cocaine this metabolite can show up to 3 to 5-days after a single use but for a heavy user it can be much longer. However, a blood test actually checks for cocaine which can actually indicate somebody being under the influence as the actually amount of cocaine can be measured and it will only stay in your blood typically up to 24-hours but my guess would be that it would still need to be at a level to indicate it would make you be under the influence. So if somebody did a line at noon on Thursday and got in a wreck on Friday at 11:00 am, they may test positive for coke in their blood but not sure it would be considered under the influence. But the point being is that I do think blood tests take time but it may simply because of labs being backed up. I am basing this on the fact it is normal in US courts for blood results not to come back for weeks or a month and the same is true with autopsies when checking for illegal drugs. They can fast results for the presence of drugs or their metabolites but seems to take a lot longer to figure out the levels. But with all this babbling, I suspect you are right in that they know at this point but simply are not releasing their case to the public with is not uncommon or required. Because he is rich and influential, we certainly can make speculations but lets not forget he killed on of their own too which goes at least a little to balancing the scales of justice.

One other thing to take into consideration is people watch to much Television and expect Thailand to be up to the same standards of expediency and accuracy as Hollywood.

• Like 1

Just because he is rich should not mean he is a bad person or believe he is above the law but neither does it mean he is a good person with a good heart.

More obfuscation.

The whole point is that the rich are above the law in Thailand. The system is such that if one has money it can be manipulated or influenced.

Time and time again we see money being used to buy 'justice' from bribes, corruption, payments to victims and donations.

The mindset is that paying money somehow lessens the crime, placates the victims or is sufficient punishment.

Unless the payments are court ordered as part of a punishment, it merely shows the utter failure of a sham of a justice system in Thailand.

Nisa - A bad person would run a person down like a soi dog and leave them for dead and then try and cover it up. A good person would stop and try and render assistance. I would say he is a Rich BAD Person

Good people panic and make mistakes too. Good people along with bad people make bad choices sometimes in life. But if we are going to judge if somebody is a good person on their belief system as opposed to an action taken while panicking or extremely emotional then I would go with a person's belief system ... say somebody whose belief system thinks it it okay to run down a Soi Dog and leave it for dead.

I think it kind of obvious this guy messed up pretty big but again, I'll reserve my judgement on if he is a bad or good person which includes if he has remorse for the damage he has caused and if there is a likelihood he'll driver recklessly or possibly under drugs again or panic and initially run from his responsibilities.

• Like 1

Much easier if we accept the reality that he has never or probably will never do an honest days work in his life, and will get away with murder, as many times as he commits it, as well as having several Mia-nois, lots of houses, numerous luxury cars, a private jet and as much coke as he can stuff up his nose. But I'm sure he has his problems, apart from the ongoing investigation.

Isn't he the Managing Director of Red Bull Thailand? Think that falls into the category of doing "an honest days work". Which murder has he committed and got away with? What have mia nois got to do with this? If he can afford houses, cars, etc., then why shouldn't he have them? I'm sure you own something that someone, somewhere, not as fortunate as you can't afford?

Is the green-eyed monster rearing it's ugly head here?

Agree that if he is the managing director of Red Bull he probably does work very hard, but only he and those in his organisation can confirm this. I wouldnt imagine too many hard working MDs of large companies can afford the time lost to drinking until 5am in the morning though?? Further, as the MD of RB he was most probably involved in arranging for Mark Webber to demonstrate with his Formula 1 car a couple of years ago here in Bangkok. A birthday present for HRH. Friends in high places indeed. Good luck to him if he has many houses, cars, girlfriends etc, although the policeman he killed probably earnt less in a year than what this guy spends on a night out. The fact that this guy is extremely rich, and from a powerful family, is not a reason for jealousy. Instead I choose to hold him in contempt, disrespect and disgust for the selfish, irresponsible actions that have taken away a human life. This was not a cop who was sleeping or drunk on the job, but one who was trying to do his duty and protect the innocents ( ie. us ) from idiots like Mr RB.....many times Ive stumbled home drunk along Sukhumvit road, never expecting to get cleaned up by a drunken, coked up moron in a speeding Ferrari...probably because despite the many corrupt and lazy thai cops, there are also many who do a good job and manage to keep total chaos from overtaking the roads of Bangkok...the utter contempt that Mr.RB has shown for the grieving family and legal process through the whole affair thus far is disgusting.

Yes its true that the green eyed monster mocks the meat on which it feeds, so I dont give this sub-human Mr RB the acknowledgement required to be jealous of him, my comments here aside. But his actions do make me very, very angry. From what I see there is only one monster ivolved here, and he is mocking the fallen, the Thai people and the laws around which any civilised society must be structured. Cases such as this are part of the reason why Thailand still remains very much a third world country.

If this "man" does get away with this crime, the only way the little people can protest against him is with a boycott of red bull products and those events/organisations which are sponsored by Red Bull. I for one have stopped drinking red bull (lipo taste better anyhow) and threw away my red bull racing cap. I know my own personal boycott won't impact Mr Red Bull, but I feel better for it...No need to be jealous, but if we don't show discontent, nothing will ever change...

clap2.gif 10/10

No further comment needed.

I have written a letter to Ferrari HQ and copied several articles on this case suggesting that they may wish to reconsider their allocation of their sole distributorship to this deviant family.

Sadly Ferrari have been on the sharp end of several cases of the over priveledged sons of the rich and famous wraping their cars round people and inanimate objects.

The very fact that this little pricks father who is also the chairman of the Ferrari consession in Thailand was also colusive in trying to deflect his sons role in this issue by giving the police a false account.

I for one would not wish to have an international brand sullied by such actions and would distance myself and my brand name from such deception in the blink of an eye. I refer not to the actual accident but to the despicable deviance of the father and Chairman of Ferrari in Thailand following the accident. I also think that is is highly questionable and a further obstruction of justice that Ferrari Thailand claimed that they had no one compotent to retrieve the data from the vehicle black box. I would also suggest that Red Bull Austria should have a shareholder review as to how they should position themselves in this scenario. I

• Like 1