Ample It’s Truly Not

george

The Lawyers Council and the Press Council of Thailand released a white paper on Shin Corp's share sale, saying the deal breached the laws and calling for investigation

The Lawyers Council and the Press Council of Thailand release a white paper analyzing Shin Corp’s transactions, saying that the deal violated laws, while calling for related agencies to investigate the case.

Yesterday, the President of the Press Council of Thailand, Mr. Pongsak Payakvichein (พงษ์ศักดิ์ พยัฆวิเชียร), and the President of the Lawyers Council, Mr. Dej-udom Krairit (เดชอุดม ไกรฤทธิ์), jointly held a press conference. They released a white paper on the Shin Corp’s share sales, alleging that the transactions violated principals and taxation laws, adding that they threaten national security. The two councils claimed that the transactions were in breach of the laws and related agencies should urgently probe the case to protect national interests.

Mr. Pongsak said that it is the duty of the media and lawyers to produce the white papers to present the case in a straightforward manner, so that the society will be accurately informed and those behind the deal will be inspected. He said that this is not aimed against Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra only.

Meanwhile, Mr. Dej-udom said that Thai people must act on those involved in the deal to recall the country’s resources back. He said that 60,000 additional copies of the white paper will be distributed to agencies responsible for probing the case.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 21 Febuary 2006

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it seems to me that it is a well known fact that dealing in drugs carries the death penalty here in thailand. wouldn't it be logical for a drug dealer to try to resist arrest when confronted by the police knowing that he is for certain going to be executed?

Thailand hasn't executed anyone since 2003. Why don't you check facts before forming your opinions.

has anyone ever considered that maybe the people who thaksin hired to take care of his finances are the ones to blame for these current mishaps?

Don't you realise that the problem is that Taksin had a hand in managing Ample Rich investments all the time? It's illegal for him to have any interest in that company. If Taksin's link can be proved, he's out.

His lawers might have made a few mistakes here and there and didn't cover all the tracks but it's not them who owned a company.

my 2 cents?

Fake money.

Now I think I got the quotes right.

I must be really getting to you if you have to make attempts to insult me. hehehe.

my 5 cents...

I had this argument the other day with this anti-american guy. he said that quote, "america has one of the highest prison populations in the world. that is an indication of how evil america is."

my reply was quote, "the reason why america has such a high prison population is because they don't immediately kill their felons."

so, the next obvious question is - how big is the prison population here in thailand?

on the subject of thaksin and his hired help...

if I hired thaivisa to process my 1 year visa, and then, they messed up. who is to blame? should I be penalized for the mistake that thaivisa made? I mean, I did hire them for their expertise? in the states, I would be entitled to sue thaivisa for any losses incurred because of any mistakes they made.

let's look at it another way...

supposing I bought a house through a real estate broker. he tells me that the house he is representing is lien free. so, I buy it based on his assertions. later, I find that he lied. can I hold the real estate broker liable for my financial losses? of course.

if you hire a doctor to perform a surgery on you, and he lied about his qualifications on doing such a surgery, can that doctor be held liable for any injury to you? I hope so.

if thaksin hired an accountant to do his taxes, and that accountant messes up, the accountant should be held accountable. not thaksin.

nuff said.

if thaksin hired an accountant to do his taxes, and that accountant messes up, the accountant should be held accountable. not thaksin.

with this quote it make you sound like the most idiot on this planet

accountant are goon they do as they are told, would an accountant do thing with out consulting you first, if they do you you better get another accountant before they steal all your money.

I had this argument the other day with this anti-american guy. he said that quote, "america has one of the highest prison populations in the world. that is an indication of how evil america is."

my reply was quote, "the reason why america has such a high prison population is because they don't immediately kill their felons."

so, the next obvious question is - how big is the prison population here in thailand?

on the subject of thaksin and his hired help...

if I hired thaivisa to process my 1 year visa, and then, they messed up. who is to blame? should I be penalized for the mistake that thaivisa made? I mean, I did hire them for their expertise? in the states, I would be entitled to sue thaivisa for any losses incurred because of any mistakes they made.

let's look at it another way...

supposing I bought a house through a real estate broker. he tells me that the house he is representing is lien free. so, I buy it based on his assertions. later, I find that he lied. can I hold the real estate broker liable for my financial losses? of course.

if you hire a doctor to perform a surgery on you, and he lied about his qualifications on doing such a surgery, can that doctor be held liable for any injury to you? I hope so.

nuff said.

It does show a rather simplistic mind to attempt proving his points by raising completely irrelevant and absurd allegories. It might help your cause if you would just stay with the topic at hand, not digress to America's prison population, Thaivisa, or a surgeon (that is what "a doctor that performs surgery on you" is generally called).

Mr. Kriangsak asks SEC to investigate PM Thaksin for not informing over the sales of Shin Corp’s shares to Ample Rich Investments

The deputy chief of the Democrat economic team, Mr. Kriangsak Charoenwongsak (เกรียงศักดิ์ เจริญวงศ์ศักดิ์), said that Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra did not inform the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) over the sale of the Shin Corporation Public Company Limited’s shares to Ample Rich Investments.

He said such conduct is considered to be illegitimate according to section 246 of the Securities and Exchange Act since he did not inform over the change of shareholders of every 5 percent as the law has stated.

Mr. Kriangsak said such action might cause the premier to pay tax over 19 million baht. He also requested the SEC to check on the matter whether Prime MinisterThaksin has informed the matter to his son, Mr. Pantongtae Shinnawat (พานทองแท้ ชินวัตร) or not. He added that the premier should be prosecuted if no information on such sales has been revealed.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 21 Febuary 2006