Extension Of Stay Based On Marriage - Processing Time?

Could anyone please advise me on the following:

I need to know how long they take (at Chaeng Wattana) to process a one-year extension based on marriage. When we got the 90-day non-"O" they required 15 days, & if they need the same time to do the extension I'll have to go through the whole tedious procedure again as I'm down to about a week remaining.....

Any replies would be much appreciated.

Tks

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

and maybe, as I wrote in another thread, a copy of your eligibility to marry document. I had to go back the next day with this despite having the above documents. I got a 40 day 'consider' stamp and go back soon.

40 days, not 30.

Edited by cooked

and maybe, as I wrote in another thread, a copy of your eligibility to marry document. I had to go back the next day with this despite having the above documents. I got a 30 day 'consider' stamp and go back soon.

Yes, some immirgation offices want to see a copy of that document.

and maybe, as I wrote in another thread, a copy of your eligibility to marry document. I had to go back the next day with this despite having the above documents. I got a 30 day 'consider' stamp and go back soon.

I'm confused. You apply for an extension based on the fact that you're married and then you have to show them an "eligibility to marry" document? I have not been asked for this document before. The last time i got the extension (Pattaya in August) they did however start to grumble about having a bank book with 400, 000 Baht for three months was not enough anymore. There had to be some income coming into this book (or something along those lines).

Not sure what I should do next year. Probably have the 400,000 in the bank and get a statement from the embassy showing income.

I'm confused. You apply for an extension based on the fact that you're married and then you have to show them an "eligibility to marry" document? I have not been asked for this document before. The last time i got the extension (Pattaya in August) they did however start to grumble about having a bank book with 400, 000 Baht for three months was not enough anymore. There had to be some income coming into this book (or something along those lines).

Not sure what I should do next year. Probably have the 400,000 in the bank and get a statement from the embassy showing income.

Well I was confused too, especially as I had called the guy the day before and he gave me a list of documents I would need Mind you this document also contains other information about income, residence and so on. Maybe only the first time? An immigration officer turned up at our house unannounced a day later.

They are talking about the Embassy document you must have obtained prior to registration of marriage to a Thai within Thailand - not a new document. The reason for this extra document is to add to the credibility of the actual marriage document and that it was not issued without the required vetting (that Embassy document). Believe most people will never be asked for it but if you are the office registering your marriage should be able to provide a copy.

and maybe, as I wrote in another thread, a copy of your eligibility to marry document. I had to go back the next day with this despite having the above documents. I got a 40 day 'consider' stamp and go back soon.

40 days, not 30.

I would guess that you did your extension 10 days before your permit to stay date. Most immigration offices start the 30 day under consideration on the date your existing permit to stay ends.

They are talking about the Embassy document you must have obtained prior to registration of marriage to a Thai within Thailand - not a new document. The reason for this extra document is to add to the credibility of the actual marriage document and that it was not issued without the required vetting (that Embassy document). Believe most people will never be asked for it but if you are the office registering your marriage should be able to provide a copy.

OK, thanks. I think I still have that document should they ask for it.

But has anyone else been told that having 400,000 Baht in the bank for 3 months is no longer enough? That in addition to the 400 k the bank book has to show some income coming in (they did not specify any amount)?

• 1 month later...

I arrived in Bangkok on the 7th Dec on a single entry Non O based on marriage to my Thai wife.

When is the best time to go to Chaeng Wattana to aply for the annual extention of stay? Is it best to go one month before the current visa expires due to this 30 day under consideration stamp?

Also I have heard the map has to be hand drawn now and is it just the immediate area of where you live that needs to be shown?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by shedend

Thanks Lite Beer.

My wife keeps going on about the immigration officers might come to our residence to check we are living together as man and wife. Not an issue but she says if I am not there it could cause a problem? I disagree with her as I might be out and if I do not know they are coming how the hell can I plan to be in when they arrive!!!!!!

Any comments from all you lads that have been through the extention of stay. This will be my first one.