Yingluck Takes Over Security Matters

webfact

PM'S CHALLENGE

Yingluck takes over security matters

The Nation

30193598-01_big.jpg

Yingluck

She is expected to continue her 'integrated way' of management; no drastic changes planned

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has decided to personally take on the challenge of security matters, especially as several men in the Cabinet have failed to handle the issue successfully.

While allocating jobs to her new ministers after the latest Cabinet reshuffle, she said she would be overseeing all security matters that were previously under her former deputy PM Yutthasak Sasiprapha.

As per law, security matters do indeed come under the command of the PM, who is chief of the Internal Security Operation Command (Isoc) and the National Security Council.

Though many former prime ministers oversaw national security themselves, some leaders like Abhisit Vejjajiva handed the job over to a deputy.

Similarly, Yingluck had previously put Yutthasak in charge of the issue, but now that there are no former Army generals in her Cabinet, she has decided to prove that a woman can do the job just as well. Besides, she is keeping Yutthasak as her adviser on security affairs.

Initially, the first Deputy PM Chalerm Yoobumrung was willing to limit his role to only fighting drug trafficking and overseeing police and interior affairs, until Yingluck decided to make him the deputy director of Isoc.

One of the most serious issues at the moment is the restive South, where people are being killed on an almost daily basis. Previously, Yutthasak led a committee to drive policy and strategy to restore peace in the region, putting all 17 related agencies under one single-operation centre.

Now, Yingluck is in charge of the job.

However, she is expected to oversee the South in an "integrated" manner - a term she often uses to describe her style of management. This means she will not be totally in charge but will have the job mostly done by the single-operation centre.

Yingluck, meanwhile, has insisted that Yutthasak's committee and the operation centre will stay the same and that all security agencies will continue their jobs as usual.

Under the committee, Deputy PM Phongthep Thepkanjana, who is also a legal expert, will be put in charge of all justice affairs, while the Southern Border Province Administrative Centre and Chalerm will oversee development projects in the South.

"I will be in charge of security matters via Isoc and the Defence Ministry as well as the military.

"Everything will be the same, except there will be no deputy PM to handle the job, because I will be doing it myself," Yingluck told reporters.

She also said that she would soon announce an adjustment of operational structure for security matters by involving more agencies, but said she would not make any drastic changes.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-03

• Like 1

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has decided to personally take on the challenge of security matters

Her program for security issues in the South have been wonderfully successful since she introduced them last April.

There's hardly any violence there at all now.

Edited by Buchholz

"Integrated management system." It would appear that neither the newspaper or PM Yingluck has a grasp of the fundamental concepts of this management framework. Such as unifying and aligning the organization behind one "goal." Eliminating independent , isolated, unconnected units with unique goals but rather "integrating" them as one interrelated organization function as a whole to one drumbeat across the entire organization. Breaking down individualized "agendas."

Integrated management, a far cry from anything close to Thailand and any of its operations. The newspaper's repeating of PM Yingluck's loose use of this management framework without challenging it is ludicrous.

• Like 1

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has decided to personally take on the challenge of security matters
Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung ... has been put in charge of overseeing security issues

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/595443-yingluck-assigns-jobs-to-her-new-deputies/

Who is looking after security matters?

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has decided to personally take on the challenge of security matters, especially as several men in the Cabinet have failed to handle the issue successfully.

Did you instruct the maid to lock the door brother dear and keep our money in the family safe?

The extent of Chalerms duty in security matters is to ensure his trouser zip is safely closed so as we are spared yet another social misfit appearing upon the scene in later years.

• Like 2

PM asserts cabinet reshuffle won't disrupt government action

By Digital Media

20121103121459.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 3 -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Saturday asserted that the latest cabinet reshuffle won't disrupt her government’s policy implementation, saying that the administration has focused on policy rather than personnel.

Ms Yingluck, on her weekly TV programme "The Yingluck Government Meets the People" said she decided to reshuffle the cabinet due to the resignation of two ministers -- Yongyuth Wichaidit as deputy prime minister/interior minister and Theera Wongsamut as agriculture and cooperatives minister.

She said the reshuffle involved 23 cabinet ministers but most of them were already working in the cabinet, but only changed their responsibilities.

The premier, therefore, said she was confident the work would run smoothly with continuity as policy was more significant than personnel.

Ms Yingluck said that she would oversee the security matters herself while measures to solve the southern violence problems would be driven by a new committee under the Southern Border Provinces Administration Centre (SBPAC).

Work in the areas would be the responsibility of the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) and SBPAC, she added. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-11-03

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has decided to personally take on the challenge of security matters
Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung ... has been put in charge of overseeing security issues

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/595443-yingluck-assigns-jobs-to-her-new-deputies/

Who is looking after security matters?

It's extra double secure to have someone in charge of security matters while having someone else in charge of security issues.

As his sister is also 'new' to this aspect of the job I suppose we can assume ex PM Thaksin will be offering his brotherly advice on security issues too.

Yep I feel confident with big brother's guidance and daily advice the a southern terrorist issue will be solved in six months just like the traffic was in Bangkok and an added bonus that all southern people will be rich in six months.

I fail to understand how this woman can face the public daily and face foreign leaders knowing that she is only a mouth piece for her brother and he role as PM is know to the entire world to be only a clone.

All I can say is THANK THE BUDDHA that Yingluck taking the Secutity Matters in the south Seriously wai2.gif

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif Perhaps she should have a second home there too. 6 months there and 6 month in Bkk.giggle.gif

Six months in Dubai would also be ok.

Yingluck takes over security matters

---------

No more followers to hotel rooms, or known contacts with advisors of how to speaky English.

That's her security taken care of.

Oh! As for the country? Sorry, I missed that part. sick.gif

-mel.

whistling.gifburp.gif Now I am 100% confident there will be peace in the South especially with that sidekick general

sitting on her lap.

I'll sit in her lap?

Her niece, 15 years younger than the middle-aged mother, would be preferable.

Edited by Buchholz

whistling.gifburp.gif Now I am 100% confident there will be peace in the South especially with that sidekick general

sitting on her lap.

I'll sit in her lap?

Lol. Gonna get a bit cumbersome. She's already sitting on her brother's, while he sticks his hand up her back to make her lips move.

Enough said, I think I will go south and take advantage of the property prices!

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has decided to personally take on the challenge of security matters, especially as several men in the Cabinet have failed to handle the issue successfully.

Pray tell who appointed the them? You or your brother?

'Foot mouth' 'mouth foot' either way she has yet again made herself look stupid!coffee1.gif

Enough said, I think I will go south and take advantage of the property prices!

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has decided to personally take on the challenge of security matters, especially as several men in the Cabinet have failed to handle the issue successfully.

Pray tell who appointed the them? You or your brother?

'Foot mouth' 'mouth foot' either way she has yet again made herself look stupid!coffee1.gif

Looking stupid is a daily occurance with this woman. All she has to do is open her mouth.

• 4 months later...

20121103121459.jpg

Yingluck, on her weekly TV programme "The Yingluck Government Meets the People" said she decided to reshuffle the cabinet due to the resignation of two ministers -- Yongyuth Wichaidit as deputy prime minister/interior minister and Theera Wongsamut as agriculture and cooperatives minister.

Today, Theera Wongsamut, who ostensibly resigned as Agriculture Minister due to health problems, has taken on the added work of Party Leader for Chart Thai Pattana Party.

He replaces former Party Leader Chumpol, who died last January.