Surfboard Rack For Pcx

Chalongian

Hi, does anyone know where I can get a surfboard rack (ie a couple of hooks) to go on the side of a PCX? I have one on my mio now but I bought that in Bali. Im not sure who makes/sells them in Phuket but I have seen a few knocking around before so im assuming they all didnt come from Bali....anybody??

A friend of mine has a PCX and he got them fabricated from a gate manufacture you see them around the place.

Nice one, I thought I saw a PCX with some fancy looking rack on a while ago, not the usual style ones on mine and other bikes. I guess that was your mate, cant be many around. Any chance you can find out exactly where he got them made and how they attach on? Im not sure if you have to cut the plastic or not. Or If could go and have a quick look at it? Thanks

A friend of mine has a PCX and he got them fabricated from a gate manufacture you see them around the place.

Nice one, I thought I saw a PCX with some fancy looking rack on a while ago, not the usual style ones on mine and other bikes. I guess that was your mate, cant be many around. Any chance you can find out exactly where he got them made and how they attach on? Im not sure if you have to cut the plastic or not. Or If could go and have a quick look at it? Thanks

Ask better for something like this:

4318d1253096648-motorcycle-tow-bar-trailer-vfrcamping.jpg

Love the cooler on the front

Love the cooler on the front

I like the the very big bag on the tank. The driver must rather tall. rolleyes.gif

am i missing something here, you want to attached metal, as in extra weight to off set the balance of your PCX and then strap a 6-8 foot missile shaped board to it to ride on the open roads, fantastic!!!!, i often say to farang that carry there kids in little seats on there motor bikes without helmets, do they strap the same kid to the car bonnet/ hood when they use there cars. blink.png

a copy of photoshop?

am i missing something here, you want to attached metal, as in extra weight to off set the balance of your PCX and then strap a 6-8 foot missile shaped board to it to ride on the open roads, fantastic!!!!, i often say to farang that carry there kids in little seats on there motor bikes without helmets, do they strap the same kid to the car bonnet/ hood when they use there cars. blink.png

isn't righteous indignation satisfying?

ah!!!!!! that old chestnut of a quote, as the child is hurtled into the air straight onto the knife shaped surfboard.saai.gif

I'm really not familiar with the PCX, but was interested what kind of solutions could be found for the OP. Further searches got this, for a Vespa, but I'm sure could work for a PCX also.

post-62520-0-80012700-1352044713_thumb.j

Edited by pagallim

I'm really not familiar with the PCX, but was interested what kind of solutions could be found for the OP. Further searches got this, for a Vespa, but I'm sure could work for a PCX also.

Your encouraging the OP to create a lethal death trap, fantastic!!!!!!, i've got a mini i'm more respnsible!!!, only fell off twice

post-151889-0-00009400-1352084231_thumb.

ah!!!!!! that old chestnut of a quote, as the child is hurtled into the air straight onto the knife shaped surfboard.saai.gif

one would think the 2 for 1 in that situation would make you feel doubly vindicated

Will do he's away in Aus for a week or so. WIll post photos when he's back.

This is what I have on my mio already, and pretty much what I'm looking for for a pcx, the difference being the way the hooks attach to the bike. On the vespa and mio and any other bike where the frame doesn't come up between your legs and you have that big space for your feet its pretty straight forward to add a front hook. On a PCX you don't have free space that so Im wondering where it attaches to. The back one just attaches to the grab rail behind the seat, i guess thats just the same. Damaz is gonna post some pics now anyway when his mates back so Im sorted. Thanks for trying anyway and not being a ball bag like britpop : )

Will do he's away in Aus for a week or so. WIll post photos when he's back.

Thanks mate, much appreciated

• 2 months later...