Chalerm Confirms Assassination Plot Against Thaksin

webfact

Deputy PM Chalerm confirms assassination plot against Thaksin

By Digital Media

bn.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Deputy PM Chalerm confirms assassination plot against Thaksin ahead of Myanmar trip this week, citing arms smuggling suspect's confession; Thaksin learns about plot.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-11-05

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@tulsathit

Love this Panthongtae's quote: I know you (Reds) want to see him in the flesh. But I'm afraid if he goes there you might not see him alive.

@tulsathit

Panthongtae to Thaksin: If you think it's safe to go to Tachilek, I and Aim and Ink will be there too.

@tulsathit

Thai govt has backed up Thaksin's son on his "suspicion" of assassination plot, saying investigation on-going.

@tulsathit

Thaksin's Tachilek plan in doubt after his son begged him not to go & threatened to "take all my sisters there" if TS insists on coming.

@tulsathit

TR @WassanaNanuam: Sukampol: If I asked Oak not to write ab attempts to kill TS, I'd have to ask hundreds others. Just ignore it.

@tulsathit

According to Panthongtae, there have been 4-5 attempts on Thaksin's life, "and if I don't speak out there can b 6-7-8 till my dad's gone."

@tulsathit

Panthongtae, on his FB, claims he learned of the Thaksin assassination plot from "authorities".

@tulsathit

Thaksin's son Panthongtae claims war weapons reportedly seized in Tachilek this weekend were part of plot to kill his dad.

• Like 2

@tulsathit

According to Panthongtae, there have been 4-5 attempts on Thaksin's life, "and if I don't speak out there can b 6-7-8 till my dad's gone."

So please don't speak out Panthongtae, the people don't want to wait that long.

Deputy PM Chalerm confirms assassination plot against ex-premier Thaksin

By Digital Media

20121105170846.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 5 - Thai Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung confirmed on Monday that there was an assassination plot against ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra before his Myanmar trip this week, citing an arms smuggling suspect's confession.

Mr Chalerm confirmed that the plot did exist, saying that an ethnic Shan apprehended with rocket-propelled grenades from Thailand. The suspect allegedly confessed that he was hired to assassinate MrThaksin during a merit making trip in the Myanmar border town of Tachilek.

The Thai deputy premier also claimed that the suspect revealed the name of the person allegedly hired him to assassinate MrThaksin. Mr Chalerm refused to disclose details, saying only that a ‘mastermind’ engineering the plot from Thailand with some money was paid for the mission.

The suspect however retracted his confession the following day.

The deputy premier said he assigned local police chief to work closely with the Myanmar police on the case.

It depends on Mr Thaksin, who has already learned about the plot, as to whether he would proceed with his planned trip or not, Mr Chalerm said.

Although the instigator was a person harbouring ill will against the Thai government, but the plot has nothing to do with the ouster of the government, he said.

Meanwhile, National Security Council (NSC) secretary-general Lt-Gen Paradorn Pattanathabutr also told reporters after meeting Deputy Premier Chalerm that Sunday's weapons seizure was connected to the plot against Mr Thaksin but said there will be no further details pending investigation results. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-11-05

PM'S FUGITIVE BROTHER

Thaksin's visit to Tachilek called off amid security concerns

The Nation

30193690-01_big.jpg

File photo : Thaksin

BANGKOK: -- Fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra has decided to cancel his visit to Myanmar's border town of Tachilek on Friday but his schedule to visit Myanmar remains unchanged, an informed source said Monday.

Rumours spread on Monday that fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra could cancel his trip to Tachilek as he was worried about his security.

His son, Panthongtae, posted to his Facebook over the weekend that certain groups planned to assassinate Thaksin during his Tachilek visit. He linked the plan to a confiscation of war weapons including RPGs and rifles in a house near a hotel where Thaksin will stay recently.

The source did not give the reasons for the cancellation of the visit.

Meanwhile Thaksin's legal adviser Noppadon Pattama, said in a statement that he would hold a press conference on Tuesday about the issue, as he is currently on a foreign trip.

He did not respond to the latest reports that Thaksin will not go to Tachilek.

Thaksin, the brother of PM Yingluck Shinawatra is to visit Myanmar from Thursday to Saturday.

He is meeting President Thein Sein in Nay Pyi Taw on his arrival.

On Friday, Thaksin was scheduled to meet with some key Pheu Thai MPs and Thai businesspeople in Tachilek, which is directly across the border from Chiang Rai’s Mae Sai district.

Noppadol earlier told the media that Thaksin would first make merit at Shwedagon Pagoda on Saturday morning before meeting with his redshirt supporters, adding that people were advised to spend the night on the Thai side of the border because accommodation is cheaper.

He also said Thaksin would not visit the Dawei deepsea port as reported earlier, and that he was only paying a courtesy call to Thein Sein and would not discuss Dawei or other projects.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-05

What a pathetic heap of crap. Chalerm should be made Minister for Agriculture as he spreads nothing but bull shit. Had there been any substantive acts to neautralize Thaksin the REDS would have used it as fuel in defence of their overwhelming support for their glorious leader.

And as for that pathetic little ponce of a son , someone should enlighten the little idiot that finding war weapons in Burma requires no stretch of the imagination. The country has been under military rule for decades. Perhaps his dad should ask for a refund regarding his education

Or, only 200 people registered so far for the "overwhelming" support, so instead proof the nonexistent support he better canceled it.

When you compare the wannabe dictator with some serious real one it is even more pathetic.

When America tried to invade in Cuba Fidel Castro took a gun shouted follow me and run first in front of armed farmers (as the official army was far away).=real dictator with balls

When they find some guns our wannabe dictator cancels the trip and it isn't the first time he is running from some non existing danger or yellow shirts.

Bla bla bla. The previous "attempt" was a fraud, too. They caught a guy in a car outside his house in BKK when he was still in power. The guy's been sitting outside his house for 3!!! hours in plain sight before he was finally arrested. In his car they found a bomb, wait for it, the bomb was not assembled. According to the bomb disposal team it would've taken 30 minutes to get it live. Nonetheless the next day Thaksin was like someone tried to kill me with a bomb. Thank god we got him in time! ;-)

This is just another attempt to get his name into the paper and to fish for sympathy from his peers. An extremely ridiculous attempt, I might add.