Laundry

Donkebon

Hi All,

Im wondering if anyone has tryed www.cleanandcare.net for their laundry

are they any good, i have a lot of designer brands and need to make sure they have extra

care taken with them

thanks

don

Just curious, why would you bring "real" designer brands with you when you are in a place that will probably assume you have cheap knockoffs from the local vendors anyway? Drycleaning is not cheap in Bangkok, most clothing is wash and squash.

(When you wear "real" expensive clothing the street vendors automatically raise the price of their stuff higher than the normal tourist mark up, figuring you can afford it!)

If the clothing is water washable you can do it your self and pay for the ironing. In Bangkok the only place I can recall right now that has self serve washers is on Sukhumvit Soi 8, not far from the main road. There are other "self-serve" places that someone else can help you with.

Google dry cleaning, Bangkok, and you will get some hits, maybe one is near your hotel. If you are in an expensive hotel they should know what to do. One dry cleaning place that I can think of is on Sukhumvit Soi 4, just past the "Entertainment Complex" on the left side.

Or, you can buy some cheap stuff to wear around Thailand and bring your dirty gear home when you leave.

Good point. When I go to Thailand I bring very little and buy whatever I need, okay, it's knacked in a couple of months, but who cares? When I have had something laundered, the service has always been great, and the cost about 25 baht a kg.

I never have anything drycleaned.

• 3 years later...

To rekindle an old topic:-

HELP PLEASE! I need a GOOD laundry service that actually cleans clothes - ie removes the dirt and stains, and where they do not wash your clothes together with those of other people. I have tried the one on Soi 8 and tho they say they do not wash with others I caught them out (foreign clothes with mine when picked up). Also the cheapy in Suk rd near Soi 8 - washes with others and does not clean. Also after any tips on good laundry detergent in Bkk.

HELP PLEASE! I need a GOOD laundry service that actually cleans clothes - ie removes the dirt and stains, and where they do not wash your clothes together with those of other people. I have tried the one on Soi 8 and tho they say they do not wash with others I caught them out (foreign clothes with mine when picked up). Also the cheapy in Suk rd near Soi 8 - washes with others and does not clean. Also after any tips on good laundry detergent in Bkk.

Good laundry detergent : Essence.

Don't know if it is too far for you, but a number of friends use the laundry service at Sukhumvit 22, which is in the small subsoi right after Washington Square. Friend of mine gets a package for 80 pieces for 1000 baht. This price might not be available to new customers but they seem to do a very good job.