What Paperwork Is Needed To Sell My Friends Car In His Absence ?

007cableguy

My friend is having to go back to the UK for a operation ,He has asked me to sell his car and motorcycle as he is unsure when he will be back .

He will give me the owners books ,(Blue & Green) and copies of his passport ,is there any other things that i need from him ,he leaves in a couple of days

Thanks

At the minimum you're probably going to need a Power of Attorney from the registered owned of the vehicles giving you the right to sell for him otherwise transferring the registration is going to be problematic.

EDIT You can download samples here http://www.thailawon...-attorneys.html the General PoA (Thai and English) looks like what you want, just fill it in and get a couple of witnesses, no need for a lawyer.

There is a transfer of ownership form that he should sign. I can't remember the exact name/number of the form but you should be able to get it from the DLT.

Also if your friend has a work permit get him to give you a signed copy of every page just in case. All copies of the passport should also be signed including the visa page. Other than these you should be good to go.. I would get a couple of copies of each in case something gets screwed up!!