Affirmation Of Freedom To Marry - Do They Have Time Limit

patongphil

Hang on there mate. Some immigration offices want to see this document from time to time after getting your original extension. God knows why as you are obviously married. So I will be showing them a document that is no longer valid?

Hang on there mate. Some immigration offices want to see this document from time to time after getting your original extension. God knows why as you are obviously married. So I will be showing them a document that is no longer valid?

Of course it is not valid anymore after you got married.

The letter states that you are not married, which can of course change at any time. Your embassy can only confirm that you are not married at the time you apply for the letter. That is why it has a limited validity.

• 1 month later...

This looks like the right place to post this question. I can understand why foreigners would need a affirmation of freedom to marry Thai women in Thailand Does the same hold true for Thai women? Do they need a divorce certificate if they have been married before and are considering re-marrying? The answer is obvious in the west but on a daily basis I am reminded that I am in the east.

This looks like the right place to post this question. I can understand why foreigners would need a affirmation of freedom to marry Thai women in Thailand Does the same hold true for Thai women? Do they need a divorce certificate if they have been married before and are considering re-marrying? The answer is obvious in the west but on a daily basis I am reminded that I am in the east.

The Ampur office and their ID card has all their records, including marriage status.

The Ampur office doesn't have your details.

The Ampur office and their ID card has all their records, including marriage status.

thanks for the reply. so do i understand correctly that you are saying their id card says if they are married or not?

thanks for the reply. so do i understand correctly that you are saying their id card says if they are married or not?

Only in that it's linked to a computer.

Nothing on the card that you could read to tell their marital status.

And if can read Thai, how many times they have been married whistling.gif .