Best Way To Pay For 2Nd Hand Car ?

fezman

Hi all

I have decided to buy a 2nd hand car now but I am out of country ,my friends and family have checked the car and I have told the guy I want the car and have sent a deposit .

How should I pay the rest ? and what other things should I make sure of before parting with the money like how do you make sure there is no money owing on the car .

thanks

IMO, 100% cash. No VAT, no financing interest charges and you have more power to bargain for an immediate sale. Just make sure to be safe with that large "chunk o' change" you might be carrying around or even do the whole deal at the bank.

Also, having the car's blue book in hand usually means there is no lien on the vehicle.

Edited by SoCalChris

Thanks guys

Can you get a bank cheque in the other guys name ,would that not be the safest way .

Walking around with loads of cash just sounds risky ,and going to the bank with the guy sounds ok but do you go to bank and then go change the name ?

I had exactly this issue when I bought a motorbike in BKK. After I checked the Tabian rot and serial number I transferred the money online on my iPad and he checked on his iPhone.

If you are carrying large sums of casah don't go alone, just in case.

S

• Like 1