Local Caddy Killed In Single Vehicle Accident: Sattahip

webfact

Local caddy killed in single vehicle accident

By Staff Reporter

fort-1.jpg

Damage to Fortuna caused by impact with pedestrian

SATTAHIP: Local caddy killed in midnight car crash

Just after midnight this morning ( Wednesday) Police from Sattahip district were called to the Sukhumvit road after reports of a pedestrian being killed in a single vehicle accident.

At the scene, Police and emergency services found the body of a local 38 year old golf caddy, Mr. Kamrun Ratnapai, Medical services established that he was already dead, having suffered a broken neck and his skull crushed from impact with a vehicle.

10 metres from the body, a Toyota Fortuna was parked alongside its owner, a 39 year old woman who owns and operates a local building supply company. She admitted that she was driving the vehicle when it hit the dead man.

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...hicle-accident/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-11-07

footer_n.gif

well driving to Sattahip very often and using sukhumvit road mostly I can tell , some people think this road is a formula 1 racing track, 2 of my friends had an accident there because a truck pass on intersection when the light was red , a Russian guy opposite ambassador hotel has been killed by fast car , its everyday ..... so often I have seen people racing on this road between Sattahip and Na jomtien . So many time I have seen pedestrian running and crossing anywhere ..... so I am not surprise ....If drivers were a bit more careful and drive slower , many accidents could be avoided.

I just hope that the woman that stayed behind is treated better by the courts than the cowards that run off after fatal accidents.

I agree, if that's from hitting a pedestrian, and not some other piece of street furniture, then the damage to the fortuner definitely suggests it was at high speed.

Yeah right. She slowed right down to let a few people cross the road in front of her and when she thought they were all across, she took off again.

Blind freddy can see she did not slow down at all, from almost a stop seeing she let all cross in front of her. As she has ripped the front bumper off the car the mud guard the spot and headlight smashed and missing and the impact so heavy that the chassy is exposed right back past the engine firewall and the bonnet damaged right back to the windscreen. She would have had to be doing over 100Kph to do that sort of damage. Should throw the book at her, but I suppose a payment to the family will suffice as usual along with a wai.gif

• Like 1

Yeah right. She slowed right down to let a few people cross the road in front of her and when she thought they were all across, she took off again.

Blind freddy can see she did not slow down at all, from almost a stop seeing she let all cross in front of her. As she has ripped the front bumper off the car the mud guard the spot and headlight smashed and missing and the impact so heavy that the chassy is exposed right back past the engine firewall and the bonnet damaged right back to the windscreen. She would have had to be doing over 100Kph to do that sort of damage. Should throw the book at her, but I suppose a payment to the family will suffice as usual along with a wai.gif

Agree. This is the same all over Thailand. Try crossing any road or street anywhere and see if there is ONE car or motorbike even slowing down to let you pass. It is the common mentality here, ME first.

Just today driving from Sattahip I was stopped at a red light and I counted 8 cars go through the red light. Why have traffic lights in Thailand?

Why bother to have road rules at all?

Today I was a passenger in a minivan coming back from Bangkok when the driver decided he wanted to cross to the other side of the divided road he just turned onto a slip road with arrows pointing the opposite direction and simply went against the flow of the traffic.!

unbelievable in particular when we went around the blind corner when vehicles would clearly not have been expecting to see a minibus driving towards them in the wrong direction!

These people are selfish and stupid and I just think this casual attitude to driving rules seems to be getting worse

Edited by Asiantravel