15 Days To Register Child On Tabien Baan

krisb

Ok, my wife insists that when our baby is born here in Australia, we have 15 days to register the bubs on her Tabien baan or it becomes much harder and more expensive by a few thousand baht to get the job done

Does anyone know 100% if this is correct?

Also what documents do we send there from Australia?

Thanks!

The baby is not born in Thailand but in Australia, so the 15 days doesn't apply. (The fine for doing that late is currently 500 baht).

You first register the birth with the Australian authorities and then with that birth certificate register the birth at the Thai embassy or general conulate. Their website will have more info on how to do that. Once you get a birth certificate from the Thai embassy the child can also be entered on a household registration book.

• Like 1

My wife registered our UK-born daughter on the Tabien Baan when she was 5. So she's actually in the book AFTER her younger Thai-born sister.

You don't need to put the child in the Tabien Baan until you're back in Thailand. Take the Thai embassy issued birth certificate and probably the child's Thai passport along with the tabien baan to the local amphur.

My wife registered our UK-born daughter on the Tabien Baan when she was 5. So she's actually in the book AFTER her younger Thai-born sister.

You don't need to put the child in the Tabien Baan until you're back in Thailand. Take the Thai embassy issued birth certificate and probably the child's Thai passport along with the tabien baan to the local amphur.

I already know all these details. Wasnt my question but thanks for your input anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...

I already know all these details. Wasnt my question but thanks for your input anyhow.

To answer the question then, your wife is 100% wrong.

This Melbourne born Thai citizen didn't get registered on the tabieen baan till I was 30. So I was 29 years and 350 days late.

Easy enough to do when you come back to live permanently. All they ask for to make it easy is the entry stamp into Thailand on the Thai passport showing that you have recently entered and thus, have a 'reason' for not being registered at 15 days old.

• Like 1