Ride Report: Small Trail Loop Around Doi Kham

BBbUn

Very excited to be back on my trail bike this morning.

I recently bought the 900 thb North Thailand trails on GPS from the Rider's Cafe. Its pretty amazing how many trails there are all over Chiang Mai. This morning's ride was based on just following one of these tracks.

The road past this trail is one I ride all the time, but this is my first time checking out this trail. Its a really good loop around Doi Kham. Short, technical and demanding on cardio with some pretty tough climbs (hike-a-bike for me), but incredibly fun and beautiful as well. One loop works out to about 300 m of climbing.

The terrain is quite loose, with several "rivers of babyheads". I would rate it between burly trail - light DH.

Great if you only have a couple of hours to ride from town!

Small Doi Kham trail loop.kmz

post-104677-0-46367700-1352439864_thumb.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just ran into this post BB and good to see a write up on that trail. That is a nice area and there is also a ridge trail from the temple area back to the bottom as well. Sometimes overgrown but fun to ride when it is clear. The trail leaves the road with a hard left just before you do the final climb to the Wat.

You will have to get back up here to Mae Taeng so we can post a .gpx file of the Pony Canyon ride. That still continues to be my favorite ride up here.