Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet A Good Girl Here In Thailand?

SiameseCurios

to thailand 2012

if my wife did not speak fluent english i would not have gone near her.

her family speak english so why should i learn.

you can and i respect that, but dont judge others and call them stupid for not wanting to learn thai, screw the thai language, learn it for what.

you say to get respect, if they only respect me for that they can kiss my ass.

im not kissing no ass, Im aussie not thai.

Which brings up the question is ethnocentrism as rampant in Australia as the posters on Thai Visa would indicate?rolleyes.gif

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you actually have something to offer, why come here? Why would you NEED to come here?

You don't lose 50+% of your assets during a divorce, then another load on child maintenance. A good reason to fish in this pond IMHO.

Brad and Richard (and Paul) have enough money to not worry about the loss of 20M (UKP) in a divorce. Welfare recipients have nothing to lose in the first place. It's the western middle range wealth men (500k-3m UKP in assets) who need to worry about asset stripping by divorce courts. Something that doesn't happen in Thailand.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

One of the most idiotic OPs ever. Total over generilastion, they do exist

I agree, I found one!

Stop these stupid posts about Thai ladies. There is too much of it.

I concur. I've found one as well! smile.png

+3

to thailand 2012

you can and i respect that, but dont judge others and call them stupid for not wanting to learn thai, screw the thai language, learn it for what.

Which brings up the question is ethnocentrism as rampant in Australia as the posters on Thai Visa would indicate?rolleyes.gif

Not restricted just to Oz, but it's common in the USA, the UK and other european countries too....but there's always the temptation for a touch of the Crocodile Dundee / Rampant rambo when on an anonymous forum, isn't there? whistling.gif

I don't agree with payak about not learning the language... I'm trying a bit (but am too lazy, I'll admit). My lady speaks quite good english, but ther's no way I want to be dependent on her, or anyone else, to be able to communicate to some degree.

Edited by Rob8891

I think some guys get a bit delusional.

They forget to ask themselves what they are bringing to the table, and does it equal what they are expecting in return.

Looking at it from a rather low perspective, for example, if you are a working class retiree with the charm of a builder, a frame of a sumo, and your hairline has disappeared to the back of your head, and you want a University educated 22 year old gf who fawns around you like her world is suddenly complete..then you are probably being a tad unrealistic in your idea of what makes a "good" woman for you. (apologies to any retiree builders who may actually be lovely gentlemen btw! Was just meant as an example). Of course, if its because you are offering financial security for her, then she may well truly love you for that..and nothing wrong with that, if you are both happy, but of course you wouldnt even be on her radar if you couldnt offer her that. (Of course though, some older guys DO look great and are fun, and the appeal can be obvious. Same with older women too, who take care of themselves).

Just dont understand what some guys think when they come to Thailand. Yes, you CAN get an attractive sexy girl etc etc..but honestly if you want those kind of qualities, plus education, plus good job, etc, from a "normal" woman...might be worth being realistic in what you are offering yourself.

and as an aside.., if a man wants to marry an ex bar girl and they are happy together, good for them.

Great post.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Yes, it'a good post. But it doesn't really go far enough, does it?

The guy says:

Just dont understand what some guys think when they come to Thailand. Yes, you CAN get an attractive sexy girl etc etc..but honestly if you want those kind of qualities, plus education, plus good job, etc, from a "normal" woman...might be worth being realistic in what you are offering yourself.

If you actually have something to offer, why come here? Why would you NEED to come here?

Here are some scenarios. Do you think they are likely or plausible? And if not, why not?

1. Brad Pitt will join this forum tomorrow. He will ask for advice about how to meet a good girl in Thailand.

2. The Washington Post will announce that Mr Obama is about to divorce his wife because he wants to marry a Thai girl he met in a bar in Samui.

3. Sir Richard Branson is about to sell all his UK assets and move to Buriram so that he can live with his Thai bride, Pui, a 22 year-old Som Tam vendor.

Why will none of the above happen?

You are assuming that people only come to Thailand for Thai girls. Some do of course. But regardless, some guys that come here single, DO have things to offer, and end up seeking a partner MATCH. (meaning, a closer balanced matched to what they are offering too, rather than unrealistic or realistic -in thailand- but deluded).

---------

Apologies if anyone felt slighted by my builder comment lol ^.^

Edited by eek

If they don't have tattoos I'm not interested in them. Everybody knows all the best Thai girls have tattoos. They are also highly educated cos they can speak English very well, some even speak some German and Swedish too. Best of all they like to drink, smoke and play pool. One who likes farting.

What else could a man ask for? coffee1.gif

You've written inside the quote, but spotted.

Do you realise your reply can be taken two different ways.

You could be telling us you have a strange fetish for women with chronic digestive problems.

OR, you would like to find one who has appreciation for men who do.

Hmm, yup, Thailand really does attract an odd motley kinda crew....

@stewieg: It is ok to cut down text in a quote, but it isn't ok to add text

and then pretend it was someone else who wrote it.

You have to make a note that You added the text, like in this case

#One who likes farting.

#my note

ed: umm, @eek was faster

Edited by poanoi

From where I,m standing (or passed out smile.png ) it looks like most farangs here are scraping the bottom of the barrel in a third world country, with obvious results. Being an eternal optimist I do think it would not be so difficult to mingle with decent people if one changed the areas being examined, ie get out of the bar scene, don,t spill too much beer down your shirt, and smile !

Edited by phantomfiddler
  • Like 1

Speaking Thai can bring a smile, but seriously, how many guys have you met that speak it fluently enough to carry on a conversation over and above saying Hello, How are You? Perhaps you are able to remark about the weather or how good a girl looks. I do my best to learn some phrases, but it will take quite a while for me to discuss anything of interest in the Thai language. Learning Tagalog, in the Philippines, was much easier for me, but did absolutely no good as native people would quickly switch to another dialect or speak more quickly. Your best bet is to find a gal that studied english in school. My gal speaks almost fluently in english, and she has many friends (not from the bar scene) that can speak english well enough. Funny, I run into dozens of gals looking for the farang. Here in Udon, its almost the National Past time. They are all over Date in Asia and other sites. If you make the mistake of associating with girly bars, then you will quickly lose the game. I bet the people that have the most trouble meeting decent gals spend most of their time trying to buy gals out of bars...eh? I should mention that most of the girls that search the websites for men are probably using a "Broker"... Half the divorced ladies I met have (good luck finding a gal that has not been married to a Thai) asked somebody else to do the searching and initial chatting. The broker will be asking for a payback when the farang shows up in town. He won't know about it though. Speaking alot of Thai on your first date may impress, but will certainly lead to questions that you are the ladies man, or surely you are/were married to a Thai lady before....

• Like 1

to thailand 2012

Now you are just embarrassing yourself.

What does being an "Aussie" have to do with not learning Thai if you live in Thailand?

Clearly you cannot do much for yourself and are heavily reliant on your wife if you cannot speak Thai.

• Like 2

to thailand 2012

Having had to deal with many Europeans who came to live in Australia in the '70's and experiencing the "no speaka da English" and "No understandi", from people who had been living in the country for 5+ years, I remember how frustrating it was.

My attitude eventually became,if someone wants to LIVE in Oz and makes no attempt to learn English, I'm not going to bother to try and communicate with them.

Attempt being the key word.

If you are going to LIVE in Thailand, surely it's just politeness to try to be able to speak a little bit of the language.

im sorry, is this the expat forum, i spend most of my time in Australia.

this should be called the assumption forum.

• Like 1

dont speak thai and met a nice girl, been married for a few years and have children now, never had a cross word.

again i dont speak thai, she is well educated and speaks english.

why learn thai, no need, i have no use for it, im an aussie.

Do you not think it would be beneficial to at least make an effort and learn your wife's language and bring your children up bilingual?! Just because you're an Aussie doesn't mean you don't have to learn Thai. tongue.png

this is the same rubbish i keep talking about, is this a thai visa habit, honestly its getting frustrating that you guys keep on assuming things.

my children speak fluent english, thai and laos, they have a mother remember.

and more assumptions before the day is out.

how much thai do you speak dlock? do you read Thai?

I speak reasonable Thai.

Do I read Thai? Yes, some.

But where are you going with this?

just generally curious. in real life i meet very few farang who speak thai at any impressive level but on thai visa i see a ton of users talking about being able to speak Thai but i never know what is their definition of speaking thai.

• Like 1

dont speak thai and met a nice girl, been married for a few years and have children now, never had a cross word.

Do you not think it would be beneficial to at least make an effort and learn your wife's language and bring your children up bilingual?! Just because you're an Aussie doesn't mean you don't have to learn Thai. tongue.png

this is the same rubbish i keep talking about, is this a thai visa habit, honestly its getting frustrating that you guys keep on assuming things.

Really wouldn't be complete without this Assumption.

post-73727-0-25517900-1352610002_thumb.j

to thailand 2012

Now you are just embarrassing yourself.

What does being an "Aussie" have to do with not learning Thai if you live in Thailand?

Clearly you cannot do much for yourself and are heavily reliant on your wife if you cannot speak Thai.

such as what, what cant you do in my situation, im not confined to my room, i can do anything i choose, bit of bs saying you cant do anything.

everyone picks up stuff but im never going to be fluent.

• Like 1

i take it you know i have been buddhist since i was 14,

i take it you know i have been buddhist since i was 14,

No I am surprised. All of the Buddhists I know speak Thai and capitalize Buddha.wai.gif But hey, I live in Thailand and I post on a Thai forum for people who have an interest in things Thai.

• Like 1

so now you assume i dont have thai interests because i dont want thai lessons.

I speak a little, stuff all as i believe you all probably do but dont admit.

i competed for years in muay thai, thats why i have been in thailand more often then i can remember, not for short periods either.

i also study muay boran and krabi krabong.

i have a thai wife, half thai children.

worked in thailand in the past, sorry if my interest in thai are not up to your standards changmaikelly.

....... if you are a working class retiree with the charm of a builder, a frame of a sumo, and your hairline has disappeared to the back of your head, and you want a University educated 22 year old gf who fawns around you like her world is suddenly complete........

So you two know each other then? .......555

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2