Info On Snorkelling Locations

BringMeSunshine

• 2 weeks later...

Oh so you are the guy Tezza was telling me about. Happy to see your site is filling out. Happier still you dont have my secret spots listed.

What do you know about Pink Beach compared to Thai reef? Is the reef still live? Everyone says you cant sleep in thr park there, but I had an idea to sleep in the village and take a boat over or...ealk to thr parks edge, then have a,ranger walk me to pantai merah.

Im insane for snorkeling and camping. Have some trips planned coming up this season.

So whats the best you got for Thailand? Show your hand, see we agree.

Hi

Pink Beach (Indonesia, near Flores) was pretty sweet. Big bay, lots of soft coral. Water's a bit chilly from the deep-water upswells. I only stopped there for an hour on one of those Labuanbajo to Lombok boats, but it's worth a visit. Better than thai beach.

Best of Thai pics so far are up there. Probably Kradan is best so far, but it's nothing compared to say, Moalboal or Eastern Malaysia....

I might head out to the surin & similans & rok this dry season . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking at your details...we have the same crappy expensive camera. Both equally unimpressed.

Hi BangkokBurning, many others feel similarly to you about their underwater cameras! Here's an article about why underwater cameras are poor such performers underwater...& how to fix it.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/lawrence-alex-wu-photographysometimes-underwater/uw-camera-setups-compact-dslr-mirrorless-or-micro-43rds/477592048920526

I've taken good pics with lesser cameras than the Canon IXUS...These pics are from an UW setup that's less than US$200 for the camera + housing...but would still recommend the IXUS over it:

http://AGuaPictures.com/_News/SeaLife_DC1200_UWphotos/

Cheers,

Alex

Thx for that Alex. Dont see anything on my csmera esp how to fix it.

Dont bother with Surin. Just back, 90 dead. 12 hrs in eater. No turtles, sharks. Coral is non existant. Highlights = octopus, huge lobster.

Fish populations cut in half yet again. Many species holding on last year, not seen.

Save your money unless you are just going for a pretty beach.

Depressing more than anything.

Kradan has a nice drop so maybe the coral has held on a bit, water is always so murky and urchins abound.

Rok - I will make some trips.

Edited by bangkokburning