Yingluck Shinawatra To Meet Queen On Britain Trip

webfact

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully agree, Khun Abhisit should be there as translator, it will show the reality of his position and make clear to all, who is boss.

At least it will show witch one of them is without a brain.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No doubt AV can spell witch ( WHICH ) correctly.

Probably Yingluck can also spell it.

You cannot.

Hohohoho, can't be bothered with emoticons., sorry.

It's not nice to make fun of the English of non-native English speakers. AV can probably spell 'which' correctly, but the poster might have actually meant 'witch' (something like 'Mae Mot'). Still not appropriate although her husband might have an occasional 'ikae' slip out rolleyes.gif

Makes a change for those posters wandering off topic whenever they don't have a sensible post.

I'm sure the poster will scutinise the 'PM's' English language abilities in a similar way

Yeah, how it must stick in some throats..........

You got to be kidding!!! The lady is an embarrassment to Thailand, same as her clan. The fact that she will be seen by HM the Queen has certainly NOTHING to do with her amazing exceptional leadership skills....

Amazing exceptional leadership skills are not on the requirement list to meet with the Queen. Just ask Robert Mugabe.

article-1029456-01BEC00300000578-857_468x537.jpg

Isn't a shame you "forgot" to mention the context of the photo above and the article it was illustrating.

It's fairly obvious why you declined to mention that the photograph sample above was taken at a Commonwealth meeting in 1999 (being a Head of State of a commonwealth country he would have been one of several Commonwealth members at the meeting).

Also plainly obvious why you neglected mentioning that the photo illustrates an article in the Evening Standard about the stripping of Mugabes knighthood

Robert Mugabe was stripped of his honorary knighthood as a statement of 'revulsion' last night as Gordon Brown ordered tougher sanctions against his increasingly violent regime.

The Queen approved the rare step of removing the award, issued 14 years ago, to mark British anger at human rights abuses in Zimbabwe.

http://www.standard....we-6837311.html

Ouch! That kind of buggers up your implication that just about anybody gets an audience with the Queen. Abhisit didn't manage it, I understand.

Abhisit didn't manage it, I understand.

Neither did Thaksin, even with twice as much time in office.

Well even better for Yingluck then eh? Something to celebrate. burp.gif . Oh sorry, this is a Shiniwatra we're talking about beatdeadhorse.gif

Never mind the 'Shinawatra' part. It's just the PM of a country with which the UK recognises (or should that be celebrates?) 400 years of connections. We Dutch did that in 2004 with H.M. Queen Beatrix on a royal state visit here (the celebration part that is, in the Embassy garden with beer sponsored by a well known Dutch beer brewer). Mind you Trix is a little bit younger than Liz wink.png

Well even better for Yingluck then eh? Something to celebrate. burp.gif . Oh sorry, this is a Shiniwatra we're talking about beatdeadhorse.gif

Never mind the 'Shinawatra' part. It's just the PM of a country with which the UK recognises (or should that be celebrates?) 400 years of connections. We Dutch did that in 2004 with H.M. Queen Beatrix on a royal state visit here (the celebration part that is, in the Embassy garden with beer sponsored by a well known Dutch beer brewer). Mind you Trix is a little bit younger than Liz wink.png

Good for Queen Beatrix too, I mean that. It's just a response to a post that sneeringly compared Yinglucks audience with the Queen to Mugabe attending a Commonwealth meeting and the resulting negative vibes people are all too willing to jump on the bandwagon of.

Do you think being a Shiniwatra has nothing to do with the general snideness of remarks about this meeting on here?

Surprised Thai English newspapers picked up this detail because its not mentioned in any reputable English news papers.

For example FT http://www.ft.com/in...l#axzz2C7XICZAX

or could it be Thai media is just of superior quality with access to more information not available to the FT?

or may be just another Jack & Nory?

Edited by monkfish

Surprised Thai English newspapers picked up this detail because its not mentioned in any reputable English news papers.

For example FT http://www.ft.com/in...l#axzz2C7XICZAX

or could it be Thai media is just of superior quality with access to more information not available to the FT?

or may be just another Jack & Nory?

No offence, but the FT link is useless if you're not registered on their site. Now I'm really wondering what you discovered ermm.gif

No offence, but the FT link is useless if you're not registered on their site. Now I'm really wondering what you discovered ermm.gif

Perhaps her determined, yet implausible, claim in the same link:

She told the FT last week she was in “full control” of her government, and rejected accusations that her brother Mr Thaksin exercised undue influence.

Perhaps her determined, yet implausible, claim in the same link:

She told the FT last week she was in “full control” of her government, and rejected accusations that her brother Mr Thaksin exercised undue influence.

Perhaps she missed Thaksin's interview a week or 2 back. "I have to tell her what to do because she is new." Or words to that effect.