Thailand's Elite Card Refuses To Die

webfact

Thailand's elite card refuses to die

By Digital Media

elite.jpeg

BANGKOK, Nov 13 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has mapped out an ambitious plan to recruit 10,000 new members for the ‘elite card’—a scheme which had ‘gone silent’, but is now to be resurrected following cabinet approval yesterday.

The cabinet action allows a maximum expense of Bt100 million from the remaining registered capital of Thailand Privilege Card (TPC) Co for the revived operation which includes recruitment of a manager, personnel and management.

It should take three months to fully launch the project after which the company should have sufficient cash flow from the sales of membership, according to deputy government spokesman Pakdiharn Himathongkam.

As the sole owner of TPC, the national tourism agency projects 10,000 new members in the next 10 years, with each paying a one-time membership fee of Bt 2 million plus an annual fee of Bt 20,000. A membership is valid for 20 years.

The status-bearing TPC currently has 2,562 members.

TAT plans to recruit 1,300 members in the first year of the revived programme (2013), 1,200 members in the second year, 1,100 members in the third year, 1,000 members in the fourth to seventh years, 900 members in the eighth year, 800 members in the ninth year and 700 members in the tenth or final year.

It hopes to earn Bt2.016 billion after the first year but the loss remains at Bt 117 million due to the accumulated deficit of Bt1.284 billion.

TPC should make a Bt 242 million profit in 2014 and pay off the accumulated deficit by 2017. In 2042 when the elite card turns 20 years, TPC should have Bt 2.280 billion in cash or a profit of Bt 1.095 billion. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-11-13

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to write this thing off until I started combing over their website and found:

Purchase a full fare THAI Royal First Class ticket on international routes,

receive a same class complimentary companion ticket

http://www.thailandelite.com/membership.php

Even still, an initial membershit fee of US$65,000 and yearly fees of US$650. This might just benefit someone who stands to make millions or someone who enjoys throwing their money down the tubes.

• Like 1

One major problem is that after the complete fiasco of Elite Card part 1, there is absolutley no credibility in Part 2. What is offered today could easily be withdrawn in a few years time with no more than a "We're sorry and here is some complimentary tickets to Loei Pangolin Park."

Agree it could do OK offering a 10 year or permanent visa option.

If someone presented me with declining forecasts like this, they'd be gone.

And what happens when they fail to meet the forecast at the end of year 1? Shut it down, or throw more money at the problem?

The Thai logic of raising the price to cover fewer sales is counterintuitive. Do they want 10,000 members at 2million baht each or 100,000 members at 200k baht? What is the objective with this card...or is it purely trying to save face and maintain the salary of a few of Thaksin's school friends?

Then again, they probably don't have enough of those electric carts at Suvarnabhumi to cater for many Elite Card holders.

• Like 1

One major problem is that after the complete fiasco of Elite Card part 1, there is absolutley no credibility in Part 2. What is offered today could easily be withdrawn in a few years time with no more than a "We're sorry and here is some complimentary tickets to Loei Pangolin Park."

Agree it could do OK offering a 10 year or permanent visa option.

There's a Pangolin Park in Loei?

Where in the world is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to its investors from their own money or the money paid by subsequent investors, rather than from profit earned by the individual or organization running the operation known as a Ponzi scheme?

• Like 1

lol...here we go again, how many people will they be able to fool ? how many cards will be given to "friends" of hiso's who pay 0 baht but take all the advantages....

any advantage? right to own land ? no yearly hassle ? 20 years extention ?

guess not

According to the site it is 1.5M Baht to join, no mention of annual fees. You get a five year multiple-entry visa, and can get a new stamp every 90 days without leaving the country (1,900 Baht for the immigration Dept fee).

I'm not eligible anyway under the "sound mind" requirement.

Edited by peterdarby
  • Like 2

Now I pay for my non immigrant retirement year visa THB 1900.-- for multi entry THB 3800.--. So for two million Baht I could more than 1000 years get a single entry year visa or more than 500 years for multiple entry. If I make it I will be over 1069 years old...

And even in this times, you get your visa's for free! 2 Million fixed deposit, only 5700 Baht interest needed, how old you wanna become?

And from your 80's or 90's, I guess, they will even give you the golf car, at the Airport, for free

Wasn't the original Elite Card THB 1 million?

If so, this means that even the Government use the same philosophy as everyone else: if it doesn't sell, raise the price.

Are there any new benefits this time around? If not then how the f*** do they think they'll sell any?

• Like 1

If someone presented me with declining forecasts like this, they'd be gone.

And what happens when they fail to meet the forecast at the end of year 1? Shut it down, or throw more money at the problem?

The Thai logic of raising the price to cover fewer sales is counterintuitive. Do they want 10,000 members at 2million baht each or 100,000 members at 200k baht? What is the objective with this card...or is it purely trying to save face and maintain the salary of a few of Thaksin's school friends?

Then again, they probably don't have enough of those electric carts at Suvarnabhumi to cater for many Elite Card holders.

"...purely trying to save face and maintain the salary of a few of Thaksin's school friends?"

post-9891-0-12739700-1352780454_thumb.jp

• Like 1

If it would enable me to get a lifetime visa, with no silly 90-Day reporting, and no need for a silly Re-entry Visa, it would be of interest to me; otherwise, not a chance of me showing interest.

For the price it should also throw in a full time on the side line sex partner.

Actually you could get that for the yearly membership and save the 2,000,000 Baht initial buy in price.

• Like 1

If it would enable me to get a lifetime visa, with no silly 90-Day reporting, and no need for a silly Re-entry Visa, it would be of interest to me; otherwise, not a chance of me showing interest.

You may well benefit of all this.

Expect just it to vanish within a few months. Together with your fee.