Good Doctor In Samui

sitta

We used to go to Dr. Surasit, the clinic was in Nathon then, but I read somewhere that he moved. I found this as new adress:

Dr. Surasit Clinic, THAWEERATPHAKDEE ROAD, Mae Nam 40/3, MOO 1, TAMBON Mae Nam SURATTHANI, KOH SAMUI 84330, tel.0812716975

Last time I've seen him was in 2009, so others might have newer information for you.

I would not recommend Bandon Hospital near Big C.

Get well soon!

We used to go to Dr. Surasit, the clinic was in Nathon then, but I read somewhere that he moved. I found this as new adress:

Dr. Surasit Clinic, THAWEERATPHAKDEE ROAD, Mae Nam 40/3, MOO 1, TAMBON Mae Nam SURATTHANI, KOH SAMUI 84330, tel.0812716975

Last time I've seen him was in 2009, so others might have newer information for you.

Get well soon!

If this is the Doc that was almost across from Santi Buri Resort, he's moved to the mainland....last year.... (Hard to tell from that address) ....

Quite honestly, I think the OP will be sent to a hospital for something like this.... I would go to Nathon hospital myself, always find them quite competent .....

Edited by samuijimmy

Frankly everyone is likely to have a different opinion but for what it's worth I have always found the emergency dept at Thai Inter to be pretty good.

They as well as many other hospitals have so much practice with trauma cases due to the prevalence of motorbike accidents that their experience is probably second to none. I suspect only an army field hospital would get more practice than most Samui A & E Departments!

Frankly everyone is likely to have a different opinion but for what it's worth I have always found the emergency dept at Thai Inter to be pretty good.

They as well as many other hospitals have so much practice with trauma cases due to the prevalence of motorbike accidents that their experience is probably second to none. I suspect only an army field hospital would get more practice than most Samui A & E Departments!

I agree. And Thai Inter were cheaper than Nathon Hospital when my wife visited both for the same thing. (Thai Inter suggested a second opinion - Nathon was more expensive!)

As a previous poster suggested - stay away from Bandon Hospital.

SIH also does a good job (cheaper than Thai Inter) and so does Bangkok Hospital Samui (the most expensive).

However, they all want your money. First priority - money. Second priority health.

On more than one occasion I have been told that I need to 'stay a night or two' for 'observation and to have a drip'. After asking why? - well I have never stayed overnight yet, nor had a drip - and I am still alive.

Also - ask the doctor about the drugs that are being prescibed. All of the hospitals sell the most expensive 'pain killers'. (Paracetamol)

• Like 1

I have been using Dr. Wiwat in Nathon for years he is always spot on with his diagnosis and he doesn't charge an arm and a leg and speaks perfect English.

Coming from Maenam he is on the right side opposite the green bank.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info Guy's, at present using hot towel and immediately after ice over it, will try a Doc after few days.

you owe it to yourself to go when in Bangkok to vejthani hospital in lad phrao road where they offer excellent values and efficient medical services.......but they are in Bangkok and flying out right now may be too painful....XRays by all means.....

If you need to know more I will provide you with an excellent surgeon over there.

Thanks for all the info Guy's, at present using hot towel and immediately after ice over it, will try a Doc after few days.

you owe it to yourself to go when in Bangkok to vejthani hospital in lad phrao road where they offer excellent values and efficient medical services.......but they are in Bangkok and flying out right now may be too painful....XRays by all means.....

If you need to know more I will provide you with an excellent surgeon over there.

Thanks for that , but am using hot towel on it still, will be back in Sydney on 13th, will see my Doctor there.

• 1 month later...

Yes Dr Surasit is a good doctor who speaks and understands English. He is my doctor and his surgery is on the opposite side to Maenam Post office about 100 meters towards Bophut. He is there every evening after 5 pm as he works at the Nathon hospital during the day.

Edited by oldsailor35

Get well soon!

If this is the Doc that was almost across from Santi Buri Resort, he's moved to the mainland....last year.... (Hard to tell from that address) ....

Quite honestly, I think the OP will be sent to a hospital for something like this.... I would go to Nathon hospital myself, always find them quite competent .....

No thats not Dr SURASIT