True Basic Package

LawrenceChee

Anyone subscribes to the basic True package ? I believe it runs for less 300 baht a month. Are there any decent English channels on it...the website does not provide the full details.

I am not a heavy TV use but i want to channel surf to something nice to watch in the late evenings.

Thanks !

I don't think you will be happy with the basic. I recently settled on the Gold package which costs me close to 2000 baht a month, including the HD box.

Ditto on the basic package.If you can live without HD reduces the price to 1600 b but you still pay a 2,000 b deposit on installation and equipment.

I've had the Gold package since 2002 and just last month upgraded to the Platinum package including 17 HD channels. 26,000 Baht for 13 month's which works out to less than 66 Baht a day, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Cheap entertainment for less than the price of a bottle of beer a day.

My wife was watching Thai tv last night, she said that True lost the rights to broadcast EPL football next year. I couldn't be happier for them, the way they mismanage their business. I only hope that as many Brits cancel as did Americans when they lost ASN which carries the NFL games.

I've had the Gold package since 2002 and just last month upgraded to the Platinum package including 17 HD channels. 26,000 Baht for 13 month's which works out to less than 66 Baht a day, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Cheap entertainment for less than the price of a bottle of beer a day.

My beer costs 27 baht a bottle and I only watch about 2 hours of tv a day. Your out of my league. cheers

I find the Platinum package a total waste of money. Not because it costs 2155 baht per month but because there is so much crap on there that usually I can't find anything worth watching. And the Gold package doesn't seem much different.

When this first contract expires next September they may well have had to improve their service and reduce their costs as by then they will no longer have the rights to EPL

Can't wait.